Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Proud new member!! Check out my low budget build!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Proud new member!! Check out my low budget build!! - Page 3

post #21 of 53
thats what i have on an i7-3770k overclocked to 4.5ghz running at 60c while the cpu has been at 100% load for the past 2-3 days.
Ivy League
(10 items)
 
Kids PC
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) AMD Radeon HD 7950 Samsung 830 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung LED 32" 4003 Logitech K750 
PowerMouse
Seasonic 520w Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy League
(10 items)
 
Kids PC
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) AMD Radeon HD 7950 Samsung 830 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung LED 32" 4003 Logitech K750 
PowerMouse
Seasonic 520w Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyriffic View Post

thats what i have on an i7-3770k overclocked to 4.5ghz running at 60c while the cpu has been at 100% load for the past 2-3 days.

~3 days @ 100% with that overclock should definitely bring any functionality issues to light. Do you think these (link below) fans would work well in a push-pull configuration. I would use the included retail fans for pull and the LED fans for push. The radiator will be mounted in the top of my case with the airflow directed upward and out the top of the case.

Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm Green - http://www.frys.com/product/6998797?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
post #23 of 53
Ivy League
(10 items)
 
Kids PC
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) AMD Radeon HD 7950 Samsung 830 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung LED 32" 4003 Logitech K750 
PowerMouse
Seasonic 520w Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy League
(10 items)
 
Kids PC
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) AMD Radeon HD 7950 Samsung 830 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung LED 32" 4003 Logitech K750 
PowerMouse
Seasonic 520w Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 53
Thread Starter 
I ended up getting the Corsair H100i. Fry's had an EXTREMELY good deal on this one as it had been factory refurbished. I honestly cannot tell that it had ever been touched. installation didn't go as smoothly as I hoped it would due to the mounting holes in the roof of my case not lining up correctly. I made it work and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.



I'll upload the pictures of the mods I had to do in a bit.



post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankbowls247 View Post

I am very glad to now be a part if these forums. You guys have helped me get through numerous technical difficulties in the past. I'd now like to help repay the community and contribute by helping out if and when I can. I have just completed my new entry-level gaming/browsing PC. At this point I am quite pleased with Intel's Pentium G3220 which is based on the Haswell architecture. I started this build with an extremely low budget and so far I've spent less than $275 on ALL of the components. A lot of the parts I used came from Craigslist sellers in the North Houston area. The rest of the components were purchased at the local Fry's.

I am considering buying an i5 CPU with some of my tax refund. I do not plan to overclock and it will be used mostly for Netflix, basic browsing, and some light gaming(GRID 2 and BF4). The i5-4430 looks to be exactly what I need. Any advice or input concerning any of this will be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice night and thanks for the warm welcome to your forums.

what about i7?
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankbowls247 View Post

I am very glad to now be a part if these forums. You guys have helped me get through numerous technical difficulties in the past. I'd now like to help repay the community and contribute by helping out if and when I can. I have just completed my new entry-level gaming/browsing PC. At this point I am quite pleased with Intel's Pentium G3220 which is based on the Haswell architecture. I started this build with an extremely low budget and so far I've spent less than $275 on ALL of the components. A lot of the parts I used came from Craigslist sellers in the North Houston area. The rest of the components were purchased at the local Fry's.

I am considering buying an i5 CPU with some of my tax refund. I do not plan to overclock and it will be used mostly for Netflix, basic browsing, and some light gaming(GRID 2 and BF4). The i5-4430 looks to be exactly what I need. Any advice or input concerning any of this will be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice night and thanks for the warm welcome to your forums.


hi .. i looked for the Pentium G3220 .. so what is this cpu is about ? is it different than i5 and i7?

it's for $64 .. nice price for 3GHz ..

I saw other specs and want to know about:

1. Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 32 GB >>> means max RAMs, right?
2. Max Memory Bandwidth 21.3 GB/s >>> means speed of data transfer or related to cpu?
3. Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® HD Graphics, Graphics Base Frequency 350 MHz & Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.1 GHz >> does it specify the gpu you should apply or specs of the monitor?

thanks thumb.gif
post #27 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcharzherp View Post

hi .. i looked for the Pentium G3220 .. so what is this cpu is about ? is it different than i5 and i7?

it's for $64 .. nice price for 3GHz ..

I saw other specs and want to know about:

1. Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 32 GB >>> means max RAMs, right?
2. Max Memory Bandwidth 21.3 GB/s >>> means speed of data transfer or related to cpu?
3. Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® HD Graphics, Graphics Base Frequency 350 MHz & Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.1 GHz >> does it specify the gpu you should apply or specs of the monitor?

thanks thumb.gif

I don't really understand your question. The Pentium G3220 officially supports up to 32gb of RAM at speeds up to 2133 MHz. It also has an onboard GPU basically, and can be used without a dedicated GPU considering you have a motherboard that supports it. As far as comparing it to an i5 or i7, first of all the Pentium only has 2 cores and 2 threads. The multiplier as well a the voltage cannot be adjusted as these features are locked on the Pentium G3220. It is not hyperthreaded.
post #28 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcharzherp View Post

what about i7?

Meh, the i7 is just a bit out of my price range.. Considering my usage, an unlocked i5 would be more that enough.
post #29 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankbowls247 View Post

Meh, the i7 is just a bit out of my price range.. Considering my usage, an unlocked i5 would be more that enough.

yea thanks .. i'm considering to buy gaming pc parts .. so i think when i want to buy the cpu .. the i7 would appear very expensive biggrin.gif
post #30 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcharzherp View Post

yea thanks .. i'm considering to buy gaming pc parts .. so i think when i want to buy the cpu .. the i7 would appear very expensive biggrin.gif

I'd say go for it if you're on a budget. It has worked very well for me when gaming. It is a very powerful dual core CPU and can work well for those who don't really need 200+ fps while recording/streaming.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Members
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Proud new member!! Check out my low budget build!!