Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise - Page 6

post #51 of 80
The h100i is better than the nh d14.go for it
post #52 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

The h100i is better than the nh d14.go for it

its only better by 5 degrees and its much louder i believe

look here for results and decide, first temperature

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-11.html

as you can see here,
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-12.html

noctua is the quietest ;D
post #53 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrClaw View Post

its only better by 5 degrees and its much louder i believe

look here for results and decide, first temperature

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-11.html

as you can see here,
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-12.html

noctua is the quietest ;D
The difference is 8 degrees Celsius
http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cryorig_r1_ultimate_review,9.html
post #54 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

The h100i is better than the nh d14.go for it

its only better by 5 degrees and its much louder i believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

The difference is 8 degrees Celsius
http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cryorig_r1_ultimate_review,9.html

you mean here on stock clocks,
http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cryorig_r1_ultimate_review,8.html

but yes 8 degrees, checking different reviews maybe max is 8

i still prefer the quiestest and best performing air cooler with few running parts just a couple fans on it, no pumps, no radiators, its simple


obviously the closed loops work better but warrantys are typically shorter, most people upgrade ever 2-3 years anyway
personally i prefer some longevity.
but if you're maddening enthusiast then sure, plus it looks cleaner on the installs if you do it right, loop those usb wires properly, install the cooler on the top
run the cpu wire through the back thumb.gif
i do have a kraken x40 but if i could ever trade it for the noctua i probably would, i only bought it cuz its my first build
i know i built a monster pc for a 1st biggrin.gif

if you do get a closed loop you should get coolermasters, their tubing is alot better quality and more flexible
Edited by DrClaw - 3/7/14 at 12:54pm
post #55 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrClaw View Post

its only better by 5 degrees and its much louder i believe
nice benchmark but its for overclocked, unless the op wants to overlock
there is no point in buying an aftermarket cooling if you are not going to overclock.
post #56 of 80
I used to have the Xigmatek DK2. It's ok. At load for 4.5-4.7ghz I never seen temps in game higher than 65 deg. In P95 it went as high as 85 deg. I do believe the 212 is better. Haven't used the Noc yet but I hear it's amazing.

Look I to the Antec Kuhler. I believe they out perform the Corsairs.
post #57 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

there is no point in buying an aftermarket cooling if you are not going to overclock.

yes there is, stock coolers arent that great, with the heatsink, i was getting near 70C on load, sometimes 60ish, 65

now i get 50 and under with the krakenx40
Edited by DrClaw - 3/7/14 at 1:12pm
post #58 of 80
I see you prefer air cooling due to the price and also performance of the AIOs. While what you say makes sense, just keep in mind that large air coolers are heavy and I therefore don't like having them hang from the motherboard. I'm not sure how much a quality board can handle, but I prefer liquid in that regard.
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrClaw View Post

yes there is, stock coolers arent that great, with the heatsink, i was getting near 70C on load, sometimes 60ish, 65

now i get 50 and under with the krakenx40
Yes but what he's trying to say is that its ok to hit 70C under load at stock clocks with a stock cooler. Doesn't affect anything. If I was going to stay at stock clocks, I would stick with a stock cooler or buy a passive cooler.

And the myth about water coolers being louder then air coolers is generally false. Unless you get a bad pump, neither is louder or quieter. It is 100% dependant on the fans. Get quiet fans for either, they will be quieter. If you use the stock fans on just about any cooler (obviously exceptions), then your going to be running loud. (this isnt directly directed at you claw, top part is though)
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post

I see you prefer air cooling due to the price and also performance of the AIOs. While what you say makes sense, just keep in mind that large air coolers are heavy and I therefore don't like having them hang from the motherboard. I'm not sure how much a quality board can handle, but I prefer liquid in that regard.

There have never been any reports of large CPU heatsinks breaking motherboards, and a few people have even reported transporting computers with large CPU heatsinks attached in cars without any damages.

A motherboard is also held to the motherboard tray by many screws, and key stress points usually have screw holes. This means each section of the motherboard is effectively isolated from each other section, so the forces are not cumulative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Yes but what he's trying to say is that its ok to hit 70C under load at stock clocks with a stock cooler. Doesn't affect anything. If I was going to stay at stock clocks, I would stick with a stock cooler or buy a passive cooler.

And the myth about water coolers being louder then air coolers is generally false. Unless you get a bad pump, neither is louder or quieter. It is 100% dependant on the fans. Get quiet fans for either, they will be quieter. If you use the stock fans on just about any cooler (obviously exceptions), then your going to be running loud. (this isnt directly directed at you claw, top part is though)

Yea i like keeping things around 50 Cish, low 40s, i wish i could find that study, it was on harddrives and how long they lasted based on temperature
keeping them 30 and under wasnt good but mild highs say 40 and 50 was good for its life expectancy
not too hot and not too cold

the benchmark i posted here clearly shows the nh-d14 is much quieter on load vs all of them except the tt water 2.0 but it runs a bit hotter
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-12.html

the differences for some isnt alot but i guess it counts thumb.gif
Edited by DrClaw - 3/7/14 at 2:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise