Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise - Page 8

post #71 of 80
There is a his r9 290 for 499 at newegg and a xfx r9 290 at amazon
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #72 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjoetan View Post

hey man, Leadtek Winfast GTX780 is 583 USD
R9 290 Tri-X is 521USD..
My bad only saw the 290x... that card is a rip off. That card is good for the money! Other than that card though, I'd still stay away from inflated prices!

Edit: 780 is $520... don't compare an expensive 780 to a cheap 290. Not fair, so with that said I'd still go 780.
Edited by TJD269 - 3/8/14 at 10:06am
post #73 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD269 View Post

My bad only saw the 290x... that card is a rip off. That card is good for the money! Other than that card though, I'd still stay away from inflated prices!

Edit: 780 is $520... don't compare an expensive 780 to a cheap 290. Not fair, so with that said I'd still go 780.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD269 View Post

My bad only saw the 290x... that card is a rip off. That card is good for the money! Other than that card though, I'd still stay away from inflated prices!

Edit: 780 is $520... don't compare an expensive 780 to a cheap 290. Not fair, so with that said I'd still go 780.
the card prices in my country is a little different. with that kind of price which do u think is a better option? only 1 monitor setup....
post #74 of 80
Then AMD is a great choice for a great bang for your buck at 1080p. I like Nvidia for higher end cards and when running higher resolution or high refresh rates. AMD is probably your best choice but stay away from crossfire in the future. Good luck!
post #75 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD269 View Post

Then AMD is a great choice for a great bang for your buck at 1080p. I like Nvidia for higher end cards and when running higher resolution or high refresh rates. AMD is probably your best choice but stay away from crossfire in the future. Good luck!
what kind of misinformation is this?

Nvidia cards dont dont better job at high resolutiom nor with high quantity of AA and crossfire is as good as sli.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #76 of 80
First of all I did no wrong at all. I stated my opinion, never stated any facts. Nothing is wrong with my personal choice... And you're making me seem like a fanboy? I never mentioned SLI considering I've never used it so I didn't give my input and have no clue how good it is. I used crossfire and a single card setup is much better. Amd or Nvidia, single card is always going to be the least headache. On another note unless you're going multi monitor (which he is not), Nvidia does just fine because 4 gb isn't necessary even at 4k. Why? Simply because AA isn't necessary. I'm on 1440p and haven't broke 1.5 gb of vram once because I don't go higher than 2x msaa because it just hurts my performance with no picture difference. So being defensive and calling me out like that defending amd is silly when I clearly stated amd is best in his situation and that I PREFER Nvidia in higher end pc setups. All your post was immature and rude when we're on a adult forum. We're all here to help each other.
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD269 View Post

First of all I did no wrong at all. I stated my opinion, never stated any facts. Nothing is wrong with my personal choice... And you're making me seem like a fanboy? I never mentioned SLI considering I've never used it so I didn't give my input and have no clue how good it is. I used crossfire and a single card setup is much better. Amd or Nvidia, single card is always going to be the least headache. On another note unless you're going multi monitor (which he is not), Nvidia does just fine because 4 gb isn't necessary even at 4k. Why? Simply because AA isn't necessary. I'm on 1440p and haven't broke 1.5 gb of vram once because I don't go higher than 2x msaa because it just hurts my performance with no picture difference. So being defensive and calling me out like that defending amd is silly when I clearly stated amd is best in his situation and that I PREFER Nvidia in higher end pc setups. All your post was immature and rude when we're on a adult forum. We're all here to help each other.
Actually no, you did post misinformation when you said, I like Nvidia for higher end cards and when running higher resolution or high refresh rates. You may have put, I like, in it, but you still tried to state it as a fact and don't lie. Yes you may have written it like an opinion, but don't try and say you were't trying to tell people that you think Nvidia cards are better at higher resolutions and whatnot. He didn't try to call you out or anything, he was correcting that so that some poor sap down the road who doesn't know any better wont get confused. No reason to be this rash towards him.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Actually no, you did post misinformation when you said, I like Nvidia for higher end cards and when running higher resolution or high refresh rates. You may have put, I like, in it, but you still tried to state it as a fact and don't lie. Yes you may have written it like an opinion, but don't try and say you were't trying to tell people that you think Nvidia cards are better at higher resolutions and whatnot. He didn't try to call you out or anything, he was correcting that so that some poor sap down the road who doesn't know any better wont get confused. No reason to be this rash towards him.

Again he doesn't need to take my advice. There is no fact/statement showing that Nvidia or AMD is better at higher resolutions or refresh rate. So I don't see what was wrong saying my personally viewpoint.
post #79 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD269 View Post

Again he doesn't need to take my advice. There is no fact/statement showing that Nvidia or AMD is better at higher resolutions or refresh rate. So I don't see what was wrong saying my personally viewpoint.
No its how you worded it. You worded it to sound like a statement/fact instead of saying something like, Personally I like Nvidia better for high end rigs, or, I think Nvidia is better for high end rigs. Not trying to fault you, neither of us are, we just don't want some sort of miscommunication if some random, unknowledgeable person were to come read this. They may get the wrong idea.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 80
stick with the sapphire tri x, its a great card thumb.gif

personally i got the powercolor its better temps actually but you cant crossfire powercolor, its got a massive heatsink
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › getting a gaming rig this sat! Need some advise