Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DS] Dark Souls 2 – Official PC Release Date Announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[DS] Dark Souls 2 – Official PC Release Date Announced - Page 7

post #61 of 320
I personally like demons' souls better than dark souls, I found demons' more challenging. I really like what FROM software has created though and fully support them. They make complete games, and not try to pass off a game in beta stage as a finished product... A lot of studios have been guilty of this lately.

I purchased DS1 on PS3 and on computer I have no problem giving them money as this is arguably one the best games in a decade atleast. These games to me seem to have that old school Nintendo luster, with a modern twist, since it gives you the chance to not lose everything when you die. I just wish I had more time to go back and get multiple play throughs in on both demons' souls and DS1. ..
1683
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Asus Maximus VI HERO MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g 8GB ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
crucial m4 raptor Aqua computers Kryos HF EK Ultimate 360 XTX 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CPX Pro Windows 8.1 Pro Asus swift das model s pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
corsair tx750 haf 932 logitech g-402 asus xonar 
Audio
M-audio m3-6 
  hide details  
Reply
1683
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Asus Maximus VI HERO MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4g 8GB ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
crucial m4 raptor Aqua computers Kryos HF EK Ultimate 360 XTX 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CPX Pro Windows 8.1 Pro Asus swift das model s pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
corsair tx750 haf 932 logitech g-402 asus xonar 
Audio
M-audio m3-6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 320

Here are the PC requirements.

 

Quote:

Minimum

  • OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8
  • Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2 GHz or Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo E8500 3.17 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT, ATI Radeon HD 5870
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

 

Recommended

  • OS: Windows 7 SP1
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 3.10 GHz or AMD A8 3870K 3.0 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon HD 6870 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

 

Source

 

If the recommended specs can achieve 60fps@1080p then I'll be impressed.

post #63 of 320
Looks like it's GPU intensive thumb.gif
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Z'Gok
(14 items)
 
Lord Lycan
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.2GHz GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L Sapphire 5770 Juniper XT G.Skill 2x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 160GB Hitachi 250 GB Barracuda 1TB Sony Optiarc 24X Windows 7 Ultimate Acer H203H 
PowerCase
Silencer 750 Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 320
Can't freakin wait for this! Really loved the first one, it's one of the best role-playing games out there & definitely one of my favorites! I'm sure this one will be just as good or even better biggrin.gif
Normandy
(19 items)
 
Secondary rig
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S5
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Gigabyte Z97 D3H XFX 290X DD Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz (1X8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung EVO 850 500gb WD Caviar Green 2TB 2x 500GB WD Caviar Black/Blue Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 27" 1440P Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cooler Master GX-750W Bitfenix Colossus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Control Edition Soundblaster Audigy RX 7.1 Denon AVR 1507 7.1 Surround System 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 ALPEN DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 558 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q8300 @3.0 GHz MSI P45-Neo2 HD 5450 Samsung 2x 2 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 160gb Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit Brandless Mid-Tower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.50GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Adreno 330 2GB 16GB Internal Storage 
OSMonitorPower
Adroid KitKat 4.4.2 5.10" - 1080x1920 2800 mAh 
  hide details  
Reply
Normandy
(19 items)
 
Secondary rig
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S5
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Gigabyte Z97 D3H XFX 290X DD Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz (1X8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung EVO 850 500gb WD Caviar Green 2TB 2x 500GB WD Caviar Black/Blue Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 27" 1440P Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cooler Master GX-750W Bitfenix Colossus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Control Edition Soundblaster Audigy RX 7.1 Denon AVR 1507 7.1 Surround System 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 ALPEN DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 558 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q8300 @3.0 GHz MSI P45-Neo2 HD 5450 Samsung 2x 2 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 160gb Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit Brandless Mid-Tower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.50GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Adreno 330 2GB 16GB Internal Storage 
OSMonitorPower
Adroid KitKat 4.4.2 5.10" - 1080x1920 2800 mAh 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 320
Just pre-ordered! wheee.gif
post #66 of 320
Dark Souls is the only game I play. With m+k ofc, many improved textures and sweetFX... and the game looks much much better.

I have a feeling I will be playing DS2 for the next couple of years. Even tried Demon's Souls on friend's PS3 and it was just as good as DaS, maybe even better.
post #67 of 320
The Souls games are the only reason i play games.

No other games can even compare in my opinion, a million re-hashed, hand holding, flashy cut scene garbage games all stacked together wouldn't hold a candle to the Souls games.
post #68 of 320
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolRR View Post

The Souls games are the only reason i play games.

No other games can even compare in my opinion, a million re-hashed, hand holding, flashy cut scene garbage games all stacked together wouldn't hold a candle to the Souls games.

Explain why you feel it's better than all those games you referenced in 20 words or less.

Go.
post #69 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post

Explain why you feel it's better than all those games you referenced in 20 words or less.

Go.

If this is your attempt to argue - not biting the flame bait as im not a 14yr old on a forum.

In short, this is why it is better than all the other games i've ever played.

- it's actually a challenge
- it's actually rewarding
- it doesn't hold my hand with a brightly lit arrow to tell me where to go
- the levels and world are designed to stimulate a persons own intuitiveness, thus making it possible to navigate and explore without a constant mini map with flashing beacons
- it has massive replay value
- it's longer than 5.6 hours (if you actually play all aspects of the game and don't try to do speed-runs that are not even 10% of the experience)
- the is not one single combat system in any game that feels as responsive or depends as strongly on your timing, muscle memory and just basic gaming skill
- it actually has unique elements in terms of online play
- it is balanced, but not to the point where every weapon feels the same in the end with a different skin (queue BF3,4)
- each area is not a re-skin of the last (skyrim) with the same kind of people, side quests
- co-op can make u feel like you have friends and safe but then the game throws back in solitary, giving you mixed emotions the whole way through. I like this because there are almost zero games these days that are immersive enough to do so.
- I don't have to "mash space bar to kill the baddie when he grabs me"
- it's not 5 hours of cut scenes and 1 hour of gameplay

I can keep going if you like.
Edited by repsolRR - 3/10/14 at 8:31pm
post #70 of 320
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolRR View Post

If this is your attempt to argue - not biting the flame bait as im not a 14yr old on a forum.

In short, this is why it is better than all the other games i've ever played.

- it's actually a challenge
- it's actually rewarding
- it doesn't hold my hand with a brightly lit arrow to tell me where to go
- the levels and world are designed to stimulate a persons own intuitiveness, thus making it possible to navigate and explore without a constant mini map with flashing beacons
- it has massive replay value
- it's longer than 5.6 hours (if you actually play all aspects of the game and don't try to do speed-runs that are not even 10% of the experience)
- the is not one single combat system in any game that feels as responsive or depends as strongly on your timing, muscle memory and just basic gaming skill
- it actually has unique elements in terms of online play
- it is balanced, but not to the point where every weapon feels the same in the end with a different skin (queue BF3,4)
- each area is not a re-skin of the last (skyrim) with the same kind of people, side quests
- co-op can make u feel like you have friends and safe but then the game throws back in solitary on your own, giving you mixed emotions the whole way through. I like this because there are almost zero games these days that are immersive enough to do so.
- I don't have to "mash space bar to kill the baddie when he grabs me"
- it's not 5 hours of cut scenes and 1 hour of gameplay

I can keep going if you like.

Haha, it wasn't. I see people rave about DS games all the time but nobody ever specifically lists what they like most about it.

You did though. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DS] Dark Souls 2 – Official PC Release Date Announced