Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Music Production PC - i7 4770k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Music Production PC - i7 4770k - Page 2

post #11 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Super Flower Leadex is 10-15mv max ripple on all rails which is lower then even the AX760i/860i

Its sold as the EVGA SuperNova G2 in the US and the 750/850 watts can be ordered on NCIX.ca so newegg and the others should start selling it as well very soon

Pricel will also be lower then the AX760/860

I already bought a Cooler Master G650M PSU im just after the cooler now but not sure which one to get
post #12 of 45
You do realize that 1333MHz memory will be a serious bottleneck for encoding right?
post #13 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

You do realize that 1333MHz memory will be a serious bottleneck for encoding right?

Yes this will be the next thing i will upgrade but for now surely the 16GB i have will be more than enough what Ram do you recommend for a DAW

Thanks for your reply
post #14 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHatchell View Post

Yes this will be the next thing i will upgrade but for now surely the 16GB i have will be more than enough what Ram do you recommend for a DAW

Thanks for your reply

I recommend G.Skill 2400MHz memory or Team Xtreem 2400MHz memory. Whatever you can get cheaper in your area.

In the states, you can get a 16GB 2400MHz kit of G.Skill for $148.99

or

For 164.99 you can get a 16GB kit of Team Xtreem

You will cut your encoding times in half with this memory compared to 1333MHz.
post #15 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

I recommend G.Skill 2400MHz memory or Team Xtreem 2400MHz memory. Whatever you can get cheaper in your area.

In the states, you can get a 16GB 2400MHz kit of G.Skill for $148.99

or

For 164.99 you can get a 16GB kit of Team Xtreem

You will cut your encoding times in half with this memory compared to 1333MHz.

Thanks will keep this in mind do you recommend the Macho 120 cooler or any other ?

Thanks

Jay
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHatchell View Post

Thanks will keep this in mind do you recommend the Macho 120 cooler or any other ?

Thanks

Jay

I mean, if you don't plan on overclocking past 4.4GHz it will do fine. Anything over that and you will hit a heat wall; which will require better cooling.
post #17 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post


For 164.99 you can get a 16GB kit of Team Xtreem

You will cut your encoding times in half with this memory compared to 1333MHz.

I can get this for €168,67 4x 4GB Team Xtreem

if you convert 164.99 dollars to euros its 119.14 euro that's a hugh difference of 50 euros and that's without shipping either but thanks for your recommendation i will definitely keep this in mind i might be selling my ram for 100 euro soon so i won't have to put much to it then

Thanks

Jay
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHatchell View Post

I can get this for €168,67 4x 4GB Team Xtreem

if you convert 164.99 dollars to euros its 119.14 euro that's a hugh difference of 50 euros and that's without shipping either but thanks for your recommendation i will definitely keep this in mind i might be selling my ram for 100 euro soon so i won't have to put much to it then

Thanks

Jay

Trust me the 2400MHz memory is worth it. My 2133MHz memory makes encoding all my music a breeze. Going from 1333MHz to 2400MHz will make your jaw drop.

But you're welcome.
post #19 of 45
Thread Starter 
Is this the right one http://www.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/67116/Thermalright+Macho+120+Rev.+A.article i am just about to order an i7 4770k for €280 Fratcal Design R4 for €82 and a seagate barracuda 1tb for €47 plus the cooler on that site with the link its the cheapest i found in Europe im from Ireland the site is based in Germany so its in euro
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHatchell View Post

Is this the right one http://www.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/67116/Thermalright+Macho+120+Rev.+A.article i am just about to order an i7 4770k for €280 Fratcal Design R4 for €82 and a seagate barracuda 1tb for €47 plus the cooler on that site with the link its the cheapest i found in Europe im from Ireland the site is based in Germany so its in euro

The Macho is a pretty decent cooler, performs slightly better than the True Spirit M. But yeah, that's definitely it.

I would see if you can get a WD 1TB Blue (WD10EZEX) over the Barracuda though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Music Production PC - i7 4770k