Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › First time water cooling and some questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First time water cooling and some questions - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Allen View Post

So anything that is pure silver that I can put inside the resevoir will work fine?

EDIT: Meaning I can just go to a local jewelry seller and get a pure silver earring or some sort?

pretty much, i plan to buy http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33961 the coil ive had for years, ive started to dislike how it looks now in my loop, it stands out in the res, i used to think it looked cool but now its kind of an eye sore.
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Ok will let you guys know what silver I find tomorrow.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Allen View Post

So anything that is pure silver that I can put inside the resevoir will work fine?

EDIT: Meaning I can just go to a local jewelry seller and get a pure silver earring or some sort?

You can buy the silver coils for under 10 bucks. Don't cheap out on this protection against algae unless you want to pull your stuff apart and clean it with a toothbrush.


You can order it here or go to the jewelry store and get a short piece of .999 fine silver wire. NOT STERLING, FINE!!! Sterling = .925, Fine = .999 silver.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/uber_pure_killcoil_99_9991_silver_wire_0_25mm_-_250mm/
Edited by PowerOver9K - 3/9/14 at 12:35pm
post #14 of 18
The Kill Coil will do just fine as a anti-algae, but it doesn't prevents from any corrosion issue that can eventually happen. As ShortySmalls said, he used it for 6 years with no problem, but if I was you I would try something with corrosion protection like the Mayhem X1 (which works as corrosion inhibitor and anti-algae, it has everything you need other than the water). Remember that the Kill Coil is fine and the corrosion with a typical copper/brass/nickel/Kill Coil loop isn't that frequent, but when it happen... Man, your wallet will work sadsmiley.gif.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Bezerra View Post

The Kill Coil will do just fine as a anti-algae, but it doesn't prevents from any corrosion issue that can eventually happen. As ShortySmalls said, he used it for 6 years with no problem, but if I was you I would try something with corrosion protection like the Mayhem X1 (which works as corrosion inhibitor and anti-algae, it has everything you need other than the water). Remember that the Kill Coil is fine and the corrosion with a typical copper/brass/nickel/Kill Coil loop isn't that frequent, but when it happen... Man, your wallet will work sadsmiley.gif.

Or just throw a dash of prestone antifreeze, not the pre-diluted variant if you're really worried. It's WAY cheaper.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOver9K View Post

Or just throw a dash of prestone antifreeze, not the pre-diluted variant if you're really worried. It's WAY cheaper.

I suggested the X1 because he is a first time water cooler and with it things should be easier. But yes, both should work wonderfully smile.gif
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Bezerra View Post

The Kill Coil will do just fine as a anti-algae, but it doesn't prevents from any corrosion issue that can eventually happen. As ShortySmalls said, he used it for 6 years with no problem, but if I was you I would try something with corrosion protection like the Mayhem X1 (which works as corrosion inhibitor and anti-algae, it has everything you need other than the water). Remember that the Kill Coil is fine and the corrosion with a typical copper/brass/nickel/Kill Coil loop isn't that frequent, but when it happen... Man, your wallet will work sadsmiley.gif.

I bought a killcoil in the end, coz the jewelry store i went to didnt know the difference -_-. Btw do i need the Mayhem, coz everything in my components are all copper. This is the kit I bought and some 2nd hand parts locally http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39811:f4e210a31c0acf0be9cd0a131beb5b37

EDIT: As far as I know all my components are copper based.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Allen View Post

I bought a killcoil in the end, coz the jewelry store i went to didnt know the difference -_-. Btw do i need the Mayhem, coz everything in my components are all copper. This is the kit I bought and some 2nd hand parts locally http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39811:f4e210a31c0acf0be9cd0a131beb5b37

EDIT: As far as I know all my components are copper based.

If they are all copper you should have no problem and no need of Mayhems X1... But, IF someday you buy a Mayhems X1 for any reason, be aware that it shouldn't be used with kill coils.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › First time water cooling and some questions