Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung 4K 1ms monitor $754 it has begun
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung 4K 1ms monitor $754 it has begun - Page 51

post #501 of 1323
Have any of you guys gone from a 2560x1440 IPS to this Sammy 4K?

If so, what are you opinions on the upgrade, is it worth doing the swap..
post #502 of 1323
I'm going from a Dell U2711 so I'll let you know
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #503 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

Have any of you guys gone from a 2560x1440 IPS to this Sammy 4K?

If so, what are you opinions on the upgrade, is it worth doing the swap..

In a nutshell yes it's worth it. Went from a qnix to this and difference in image quality is very noticeable assuming everything else is kept equal. Check back to the first 20 pages or so of this thread a bunch of our initial opinions on the switch are there. For me I like playing more immersive games which include fps but not limited to multiplayer only. So when you're exploring a word in an mmo or playing an action shooter with a plot and story you notice it the most then.
post #504 of 1323
I'm annoyed at myself for not waiting, I bought the monitor I have now because I thought it was the best thing to do, I think the Dell I have is amazing with great color repro., sharp picture and all that, but I can't help think, man...what would happen if I I bought this Sammy which has 8mil pixels vs 3.6mil...

Try this video it's a 4K sample I think it was made or sponsored by the maker of the panel itself.

Right-Click and save link as to download it.

I'm also annoyed with myself because I only just bought my dell 3 months ago..
Edited by jameschisholm - 4/10/14 at 1:55pm
post #505 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

I'm annoyed at myself for not waiting, I bought the monitor I have now because I thought it was the best thing to do, I think the Dell I have is amazing with great color repro., sharp picture and all that, but I can't help think, man...what would happen if I I bought this Sammy which has 8mil pixels vs 3.6mil...

Try this video it's a 4K sample I think it was made or sponsored by the maker of the panel itself.

Right-Click and save link as to download it.

I'm also annoyed with myself because I only just bought my dell 3 months ago..

Will try it once I have my computer back up and running. I have 5gb of native 4k which are demos LG uses and they are stunning to watch on this screen.
post #506 of 1323
I'm so unsure lol wife may kill me..
Edited by jameschisholm - 4/10/14 at 2:13pm
post #507 of 1323
Where can one get 4k movies?
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #508 of 1323
So.................. Big Problem.

REALLY hope somebody here has a solution.

If I turn off SLI I can pick 4k resolution just fine.

If I turn ON SLI I can't pick 4k (2560x1440 max).

WHAT GIVES???

This is all I could find. No solution.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2097086/run-resolution-sli-gtx-680-4gb.html
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #509 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero044 View Post

So.................. Big Problem.

REALLY hope somebody here has a solution.

If I turn off SLI I can pick 4k resolution just fine.

If I turn ON SLI I can't pick 4k (2560x1440 max).

WHAT GIVES???

This is all I could find. No solution.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2097086/run-resolution-sli-gtx-680-4gb.html

According to the thread, running at 30Hz fixed it for the OP.
Try it yourself. If you need 4K @ 60Hz, that might require Display Port 1.2 or above, or something. Not 100% sure on how that all works someone else can help you there.

But, do the people here a favor and give some more information about your specific situation. Like what cards you're using SLI with, the motherboard, the cable situation (DVI/HDMI/DP, etc) and if you've tried non-SLI on both cards alone.

Maybe one of your cards can't run that resolution or something and is preventing the other card. Idk, but somebody does and I'm sure they'd appreciate specific information as it will help them help you.
i7 Sandy
(8 items)
 
Skylake Pentium
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASRock Z75 Pro3 GTX 970 16GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB Samsung 850 Evo WinXP Pro / Win7 Pro 1080p 60Hz Thermaltake Smart M850W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4400 ASRock H110M-HDV GTX 550 Ti 8GB (2x4) 
Hard DriveOSPowerOther
250GB SSD Windows 7 500W 300Mbps WLAN 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Sandy
(8 items)
 
Skylake Pentium
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASRock Z75 Pro3 GTX 970 16GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB Samsung 850 Evo WinXP Pro / Win7 Pro 1080p 60Hz Thermaltake Smart M850W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4400 ASRock H110M-HDV GTX 550 Ti 8GB (2x4) 
Hard DriveOSPowerOther
250GB SSD Windows 7 500W 300Mbps WLAN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #510 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow11377 View Post

According to the thread, running at 30Hz fixed it for the OP.
Try it yourself. If you need 4K @ 60Hz, that might require Display Port 1.2 or above, or something. Not 100% sure on how that all works someone else can help you there.

But, do the people here a favor and give some more information about your specific situation. Like what cards you're using SLI with, the motherboard, the cable situation (DVI/HDMI/DP, etc) and if you've tried non-SLI on both cards alone.

Maybe one of your cards can't run that resolution or something and is preventing the other card. Idk, but somebody does and I'm sure they'd appreciate specific information as it will help them help you.

Sorry:

Displayport 1.2
I have 2x 2GB GTX 670s.

4k works fine if I disable SLI in nvidia control panel over displayport.

If I turn on SLI its not an option

I am not going to run this display at 30hz.
Edited by superxero044 - 4/10/14 at 4:07pm
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
3570k 2012
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k Asus z77 V-Pro Gigabyte GTX 670 MSI GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 1600 16GB Crucial M500 960GB SSD Windows 8 x64 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 27" 2560x1440 Logitech G710+ Seasonic x750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung 4K 1ms monitor $754 it has begun