Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Thermal upgrade and overclocking help 4770k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermal upgrade and overclocking help 4770k - Page 2

post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTjoker View Post

no i mean the hottest and coolest maxes on the four cores was a 26C difference. 4th core max was 26C cooler than 2nd core max. And well ill delid and post the results afterwards. Hopefully itll be better than 10C, but any decent improvement would be very nice.

then yes thats a big difference! your cores should always be with the same few degrees, with one running a tad bit hotter than the rest. that kind of difference might mean too much paste, or not enough, on the heatsink!
post #12 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post

then yes thats a big difference! your cores should always be with the same few degrees, with one running a tad bit hotter than the rest. that kind of difference might mean too much paste, or not enough, on the heatsink!

Ok ill reseat my heatsink and reapply thermal paste, i think i might not have used enough last time. Ill post results in a few minutes once im done. And thank you for all the advice, i think ill go with the AF120 fans for case fans. Corsair is a trusted brand and i know they make high quality high performing products.
post #13 of 30
There are better fans than the corsaor for less money
post #14 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

There are better fans than the corsaor for less money

What fans? Like, specifics? Would love to get the best i can
post #15 of 30
Noise/performance or price/performance?


And btw where are you from?
post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTjoker View Post

Ok ill reseat my heatsink and reapply thermal paste, i think i might not have used enough last time. Ill post results in a few minutes once im done. And thank you for all the advice, i think ill go with the AF120 fans for case fans. Corsair is a trusted brand and i know they make high quality high performing products.

Ok so i reset my heatsink and reapplied my TIM. Turned out that i was not using enough TIM, the top of the chip didn't have any paste on it. the average dropped off to 86.25C on the same voltage and clock. But the difference between hottest and coolest core didn't change. But at least the average dropped. Thanks for the advice a 4.25C difference is pretty good.
post #17 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

Noise/performance or price/performance?

noise/performance under $25 if at all possible but if there is a dramatic difference expensive is fine.
post #18 of 30
120mm Fans
Akasa Viper 120,Akasa Piranha 120,Be Quiet! Shadow Wings Fan High-Speed,Cooler Master Excalibur,Gelid WING 12 PL, ,Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4, Rosewill RFX 120BL,Rosewill Hyperborea 120
post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTjoker View Post

Ok ill reseat my heatsink and reapply thermal paste, i think i might not have used enough last time. Ill post results in a few minutes once im done. And thank you for all the advice, i think ill go with the AF120 fans for case fans. Corsair is a trusted brand and i know they make high quality high performing products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

120mm Fans
Akasa Viper 120,Akasa Piranha 120,Be Quiet! Shadow Wings Fan High-Speed,Cooler Master Excalibur,Gelid WING 12 PL, ,Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4, Rosewill RFX 120BL,Rosewill Hyperborea 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

120mm Fans
Akasa Viper 120,Akasa Piranha 120,Be Quiet! Shadow Wings Fan High-Speed,Cooler Master Excalibur,Gelid WING 12 PL, ,Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4, Rosewill RFX 120BL,Rosewill Hyperborea 120

do you just have that list ready? Because thats a long list to get off the top of your head
post #20 of 30
It`s in my guide in my signature
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Thermal upgrade and overclocking help 4770k