Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › finished water cool setup, cpu temp spikes/drops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

finished water cool setup, cpu temp spikes/drops - Page 2

post #11 of 32
realtemp should work with your board. dont hold me to that though. im just saying it should work. real temp will show you your vid. click the timer/watt/vid box in the upper right area. the first number set should be uptime of realtemp. the second click should get you vid and third click gets wattage. (resetting realtemp will reset both max/min temps and timer)
use cpu-z to monitor your vcore. hwifo is good for voltage monitoring because it has current, max, minimums volts whereas cpu-z shows only current voltage of vcore. remember that some monitoring programs interfere with each other while running simultaneously. i personally dont know which because i havent searched enough nor use multiple monitoring at the same time.
btw, im using core temp rather than realtemp lately. i like its neat little "im too damned hot so im gunna shut down' feature.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 32
didnt edit last post because its a different type subject.

cyro, dont most haswell users test with aida64 now? i read it isnt as hard on haswell like ibt is but it still stresses what needs to be stressed for determining stability.

honestly those cs:go temps though, im guessing they are high mainly because of the (lack of) airflow through the rads. second reason being auto-voltage being to high. haswell runs hot even at stock under load. a 660 non ti should run super cool. you basically have a 3x 120 = 360 rad there. surface area wise, a 360 is 43,200mm and a 2x 140 = 280 is 39,200. thats a difference of a 62mm fan sized area. thats plenty to keep a 4770k and 660 cool if both are stock.
want a recommendation on GOOD 140mm fans?
phantek ph-f140hp
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1345-page7.html
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 32
Quote:
cyro, dont most haswell users test with aida64 now? i read it isnt as hard on haswell like ibt is but it still stresses what needs to be stressed for determining stability.

No, few use adia64 as it's not even as hard as x264. Many use x264 and things like specific fft lenghs of prime, but not full blend. Read the haswell thread on OCN

http://download1346.mediafire.com/pf1y1esf6qhg/2laifu8xqi6vz2g/x264+Stability+Test.7z
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

realtemp should work with your board. dont hold me to that though. im just saying it should work. real temp will show you your vid. click the timer/watt/vid box in the upper right area. the first number set should be uptime of realtemp. the second click should get you vid and third click gets wattage. (resetting realtemp will reset both max/min temps and timer)
use cpu-z to monitor your vcore. hwifo is good for voltage monitoring because it has current, max, minimums volts whereas cpu-z shows only current voltage of vcore. remember that some monitoring programs interfere with each other while running simultaneously. i personally dont know which because i havent searched enough nor use multiple monitoring at the same time.
btw, im using core temp rather than realtemp lately. i like its neat little "im too damned hot so im gunna shut down' feature.

Sorry, I don't know how I forgot what I was using for the temps. I was using Realtemp and last night started up Coretemp to compare. I don't usually run 2 at a time unless I am questioning the readings. Thanks for the voltage tip, I never really used anything but cpu-z for voltage checks. I will have to check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

didnt edit last post because its a different type subject.

cyro, dont most haswell users test with aida64 now? i read it isnt as hard on haswell like ibt is but it still stresses what needs to be stressed for determining stability.

honestly those cs:go temps though, im guessing they are high mainly because of the (lack of) airflow through the rads. second reason being auto-voltage being to high. haswell runs hot even at stock under load. a 660 non ti should run super cool. you basically have a 3x 120 = 360 rad there. surface area wise, a 360 is 43,200mm and a 2x 140 = 280 is 39,200. thats a difference of a 62mm fan sized area. thats plenty to keep a 4770k and 660 cool if both are stock.
want a recommendation on GOOD 140mm fans?
phantek ph-f140hp
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1345-page7.html

Honestly, I didn't think the GPU temps were bad but maybe I am wrong for this type of setup? I can't say I remember previous gaming temps on it though. Looking up a few reviews for 1200p gaming, I think it was good staying at 40 (from idle 23-30). GPU load review HERE showed peak load temp of 76c. I will have to test a bit more and more demanding game/s. If the 40c is still high, I see checking the loop for bubbles in my future. Also, I was looking to OC at least a little.

Thanks for the fan recommendation. I will keep them on the burner after trying the AC sharks on a non PWM config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

No, few use adia64 as it's not even as hard as x264. Many use x264 and things like specific fft lenghs of prime, but not full blend. Read the haswell thread on OCN

http://download1346.mediafire.com/pf1y1esf6qhg/2laifu8xqi6vz2g/x264+Stability+Test.7z

Added to the list to test when I get home. Thanks
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 32
cpu-z is good but you need ver 1.64.0

to confirm again, you want vcore, not vid sensors. The cpu-z one on many boards after 1.64.0 is mis-labeled and not actually vcore
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
Thanks, I will have to check the version. it is whatever it was before I tore down the system a week or 2 ago. It was installed a month or more ago too.
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 32
cmp3.9.27.3q4 0x1b3bbbaa

ok this is bugging me but does the circled area seem to be hitting on the clip
that locks down the cpu?
post #18 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedaire View Post

cmp3.9.27.3q4 0x1b3bbbaa

ok this is bugging me but does the circled area seem to be hitting on the clip
that locks down the cpu?

you can see better in the other 2 pictures. but it does look very close.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 32
just wondered i zoomed in on the other 2 photos as well and even in those it appeared to be
hitting on the very highest point of the clip.
post #20 of 32
Thread Starter 
At least I am not the only one thinking this. I will see if I can get a better pic or some more light in there.
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 Gaming PC
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K ASRock Z97E-ITX ASUS GTX 980 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 SSd WD Raptor 10K Win 8.1 Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard USB Corsair CX430 Fractal Design Node 304 Standard USB 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 C1 EVGA 680i EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB SLI OCZ Platinum 4 x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x1TB, 2x2TB LG Blu-Ray Rom/DVD-writer Win7 Premium 64bit Samsung 2350W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SilverStone 850W Modular Cooler Master Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Photo Album 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › finished water cool setup, cpu temp spikes/drops