Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Aquaero Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Aquaero Owners Club - Page 1084

post #10831 of 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Imo there is no reason to get a 5 Anymore. The pros of the 6 far outweigh it. Voltage control and low vrm temps, and 4 pwm ports when / if you upgrade

Agree. It's a better investment because of the improvements and upgrades to it as opposed to the 5.
Nostalgia 3.0
(14 items)
 
Nostalgia v2.2
(41 photos)
Nostalgia 2.0
(31 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Intel X58SO GTX 680 Hydro Copper Corsair Vengeance 12GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 10k x2 (Raid0),  SanDisk ReadyCache  WD Black 1.5TB Storage WD Black 1.5TB Storage 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Sony Lightscribe DVD Burner Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Corsair Link Koolance QDC (VLN4) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill Advanced LRT (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) Swiftech Helix120 PWM Fans (x7) Swiftech Apogee XT Rev. 2 Black Ice GT Stealth 120mm (Pull) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice SR1 360mm (Push/Pull) Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2  Koolance Flow Meter Adapter With Display Phobya Temp Sensor Coupler 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Bitspower Compression Fittings (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) Windows 7 64bit ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX1200i  Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M60 Corepad C1-Series Premium Cloth Mousepad - Larg... Bose Companion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
Nostalgia 3.0
(14 items)
 
Nostalgia v2.2
(41 photos)
Nostalgia 2.0
(31 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Intel X58SO GTX 680 Hydro Copper Corsair Vengeance 12GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 10k x2 (Raid0),  SanDisk ReadyCache  WD Black 1.5TB Storage WD Black 1.5TB Storage 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Sony Lightscribe DVD Burner Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Corsair Link Koolance QDC (VLN4) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill Advanced LRT (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) Swiftech Helix120 PWM Fans (x7) Swiftech Apogee XT Rev. 2 Black Ice GT Stealth 120mm (Pull) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice SR1 360mm (Push/Pull) Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2  Koolance Flow Meter Adapter With Display Phobya Temp Sensor Coupler 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Bitspower Compression Fittings (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) Windows 7 64bit ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX1200i  Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M60 Corepad C1-Series Premium Cloth Mousepad - Larg... Bose Companion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10832 of 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by war4peace View Post

It comes with 4 T-probes, the "flat heads" I call them, 10Kohm @25 degrees Celsius.
You don't need powered splitters to run fans with Aquaero, unless they're high-power bench fans such as Deltas or Nidec Servo high RPM. If you have many PWM fans, get the Aquaero 6, if you have voltage-regulated fans get the Aquaero 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Imo there is no reason to get a 5 Anymore. The pros of the 6 far outweigh it. Voltage control and low vrm temps, and 4 pwm ports when / if you upgrade

Thank you guys very much, I'll get the 6 then.

More questions:

Regarding the included "flat heads", do you recommend using them? They look like they'd be ok for ambient temp, but probably not water temp.

Also, do I need to have the aquaero plugged in via USB and the software running at all times, or am I good to disconnect it once I get everything set up?

Basically I'm sick of never having a fan curve that I'm happy with and I will only be using aquaero for a water/ambient delta fan curve.
post #10833 of 11094
Use the included flat heads for stuff like ambient and internal case temp, etc. That's what I did. For coolant temp I used and Alphacool temp sensor plug. Barrow, Bitspower and Phobya make them too. Just be aware that the Phobya ones are very long vs the other brands.

Once you set up the Aquero you can disconnect the USB cable. It will store the settings onboard. You can monitor everything from something like HWmonitor.
Edited by bellyflopdog - 10/7/17 at 5:53am
post #10834 of 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by plant View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by war4peace View Post

It comes with 4 T-probes, the "flat heads" I call them, 10Kohm @25 degrees Celsius.
You don't need powered splitters to run fans with Aquaero, unless they're high-power bench fans such as Deltas or Nidec Servo high RPM. If you have many PWM fans, get the Aquaero 6, if you have voltage-regulated fans get the Aquaero 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Imo there is no reason to get a 5 Anymore. The pros of the 6 far outweigh it. Voltage control and low vrm temps, and 4 pwm ports when / if you upgrade

Thank you guys very much, I'll get the 6 then.

More questions:

Regarding the included "flat heads", do you recommend using them? They look like they'd be ok for ambient temp, but probably not water temp.

Also, do I need to have the aquaero plugged in via USB and the software running at all times, or am I good to disconnect it once I get everything set up?

Basically I'm sick of never having a fan curve that I'm happy with and I will only be using aquaero for a water/ambient delta fan curve.

The above is accurate. You can also tape them to things for surface temps.

You do not need to have the usb plugged in or the program running, the aquaero is 100% capable of running independent
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10835 of 11094
So how do you configure the aquaero to duplicate your pump speed reading from the fan port 2 and 3 and send it through the rpm port? (I have a rpm cable going from the rpm port to my mobo cpu_opt). Since I my aquaero controls everything, I had this idea to send a signal to the mobo like if I was running a cooler there, so that if one of the pump fails, mobo shutsdown the pc.
post #10836 of 11094
You can't for both pumps, either way your solution isn't optimal.
If you want your PC to turn off abruptly when either pump fails to run, then you have to look up Relay and Alarm Actions functionality.
I can't provide screenshots because I am not at my PC right now, but first you need to go to Aquasuite Alarm Configuration and add an entry for each pump. You set "no rpm signal for x seconds" (x is 6, 12 and 24 if I remember correctly) and then pick an alarm type to be triggered.
Then you go to Alarm Actions and for the particular alarm you have previously chosen, you add an action: Relay ON.
Then, you need to have one of these mounted in your PC: aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break and, of course, as is typical for Aquacomputer (seriously guys, it really sucks to order what you think is the whole product and discover you have to order a 99 cents plug still!), you also have to get a Plug for relay connector, 3 contacts (for aquaero 5 and 6).

After you've done all that, whenever either of the pumps stops spinning for X seconds (that you configured in Alarm Configuration), your PC will shut down as if you have pressed the power button.
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10837 of 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by war4peace View Post

You can't for both pumps, either way your solution isn't optimal.
If you want your PC to turn off abruptly when either pump fails to run, then you have to look up Relay and Alarm Actions functionality.
I can't provide screenshots because I am not at my PC right now, but first you need to go to Aquasuite Alarm Configuration and add an entry for each pump. You set "no rpm signal for x seconds" (x is 6, 12 and 24 if I remember correctly) and then pick an alarm type to be triggered.
Then you go to Alarm Actions and for the particular alarm you have previously chosen, you add an action: Relay ON.
Then, you need to have one of these mounted in your PC: aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break and, of course, as is typical for Aquacomputer (seriously guys, it really sucks to order what you think is the whole product and discover you have to order a 99 cents plug still!), you also have to get a Plug for relay connector, 3 contacts (for aquaero 5 and 6).

After you've done all that, whenever either of the pumps stops spinning for X seconds (that you configured in Alarm Configuration), your PC will shut down as if you have pressed the power button.

Im pretty sure either the manual or a rep told me to do the rpm port technique.
post #10838 of 11094
The RPM port also works, however the method I provided above is OS-independent and BIOS-independent. It's strictly Aquaero and PSU, nothing in between. Oh and it works.
I also have two pumps but I chained them together via a PWM splitter because my alarm is based on liquid flow rather than pump rotation. The reason is my pumps are in series so if one fails, the system can keep going. But if the liquid flow reaches very low levels, the PC will shut down.
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10839 of 11094
Quote:
Originally Posted by war4peace View Post

The RPM port also works, however the method I provided above is OS-independent and BIOS-independent. It's strictly Aquaero and PSU, nothing in between. Oh and it works.
I also have two pumps but I chained them together via a PWM splitter because my alarm is based on liquid flow rather than pump rotation. The reason is my pumps are in series so if one fails, the system can keep going. But if the liquid flow reaches very low levels, the PC will shut down.

My two pumps each have their own loop and they each have their fan port on the aquaero (fan port 2 and 3)
post #10840 of 11094
Same principle applies.
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
Box of Horrors
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K Asus X99-A II EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green 2 TB 5400 RPM SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ADATA 512 GB Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing Windows 10 Professional X64 Dell 2407WFP Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Thermaltake Core X5 Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Aquaero Owners Club