Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Aquaero Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Aquaero Owners Club - Page 28

post #271 of 10718
With my previous build, I must have missed something as the Aqua turned completely off, not even a dim screen. I did remember that in back of the Aqua in the new build, with the computer turned off, there is a flashing red led, communication, so I know it's still running.
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #272 of 10718
Where u at Darlene...

Can you please enlighten me with wire gauge size restrictions ?

Im still thinking of getting the AC D5 pump because of control and compatibility with the A6 even though I got a replacement of the Swiftech..
What are your thoughts on this ?
Edited by chimaychanga - 4/2/14 at 2:53pm
post #273 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaychanga View Post

Where u at Darlene...

Can you please enlighten me with wire gauge size restrictions ?

Im still thinking of getting the AC D5 pump because of control and compatibility with the A6 even though I got a replacement of the Swiftech..
What are your thoughts on this ?

I hope she is okay too smile.gif

You wrote before that you have 0.5mm wire, which you translated to 24 AWG. That would be an unusual size to find in Europe. Are you sure it's not 0.5mm2 ?

Anyway, the Swiftech 655 pump is rated at 2 amps. So it doesn't matter: both 0.5mm diameter wire and 0.5mm2 cross-section wire can carry 2 amps just fine.
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #274 of 10718
Hey guys, am I missing something here? I just got an Aquaero 6 hooked up to 10 GT AP-15's and I'm using 2 of these power blocks with 5 fans connected to each and they are hooked up to the first and second fan channels on the Aquaero

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14662/ele-988/3-Pin_Power_Distribution_PCB_5xWay_Block_MMT-PCB-5WAY.html?tl=g47c121s424

The Aquaero powers the fans great, and if I go into Aquasuite > Controllers I can lower and raise the preset value and it lowers and raises the speed of all the fans. The problem I have is none of the fans are being recognized by Aquasuite or the Aquaero display. The default Fan 1-4 in aquasuite are all showing 0 rpm and sometimes Fan 2 will show ~900 rpm for a second then go to 0, then back to 900 etc. I'm new to this, and have a feeling there's a default setting(s) that's causing my problem, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
post #275 of 10718
I'm sure someone will chime in but if I remember, doesnt that share the rpm signal from all fans, confusing the Aquaero? Shouldn't we have only one rpm signal to each fan controller channel. Thought I remember someone modifying these to work, I could be in left field but I'm pretty confident you don't want all five rpm signals reporting.

The splitter I'm using only reports for the first fan, the rest of the fans just get power and ground from Aquaero via the splitter. Using 3-Pin to 9x 3-Pin Y Cable Splitter. First plug has three pins, last 8 has two pins.
Edited by Roikyou - 4/2/14 at 4:52pm
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #276 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by rncshow View Post

Hey guys, am I missing something here? I just got an Aquaero 6 hooked up to 10 GT AP-15's and I'm using 2 of these power blocks with 5 fans connected to each and they are hooked up to the first and second fan channels on the Aquaero

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14662/ele-988/3-Pin_Power_Distribution_PCB_5xWay_Block_MMT-PCB-5WAY.html?tl=g47c121s424

The Aquaero powers the fans great, and if I go into Aquasuite > Controllers I can lower and raise the preset value and it lowers and raises the speed of all the fans. The problem I have is none of the fans are being recognized by Aquasuite or the Aquaero display. The default Fan 1-4 in aquasuite are all showing 0 rpm and sometimes Fan 2 will show ~900 rpm for a second then go to 0, then back to 900 etc. I'm new to this, and have a feeling there's a default setting(s) that's causing my problem, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Pretty sure the issue is going to be that the modmytoys pcb splits the 3 input pins to all of the outputs. The problem with that is all of the fan's rpm signals are reporting to the fan controller instead of only one fan. More than one fan's tach signal reporting on one wire will corrupt it and make it unreadable by the controller. They should have all three wires including that tach wire going only to the first fan and then only two wires - the power and the ground - going to the rest, like any decent fan splitter cable will, but for whatever the reason those PCBs aren't made that way.


See here for where I ran into the same issue with the NZXT Grid and fixed it by snipping the rpm terminals off of all but one of the outputs, and below is a picture that I believe is the back of one of those MMT PCBs where you can see they scratched through the circuit for the tach past the first fan port...



I've really no idea why on earth they would make those hubs/PCBs like that. I can't think of any reason to have the tach going to all of the fan outlet ports instead of just one and it makes their product shoddy for use with any decent fan controller unless you mod it somehow.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 4/2/14 at 5:00pm
post #277 of 10718

I used a drill for mine =)

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #278 of 10718
It would make sense to me that the multi-port pcb board is trying to send all the rpm signals instead of just a single fan's signal. Is there a link to buy a 4 or 5 way splitter that is more compatible for the aquaero that is for non-pwm fans? Thanks!
post #279 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

Pretty sure the issue is going to be that the modmytoys pcb splits the 3 input pins to all of the outputs. The problem with that is all of the fan's rpm signals are reporting to the fan controller instead of only one fan. More than one fan's tach signal reporting on one wire will corrupt it and make it unreadable by the controller. They should have all three wires including that tach wire going only to the first fan and then only two wires - the power and the ground - going to the rest, like any decent fan splitter cable will, but for whatever the reason those PCBs aren't made that way.


See here for where I ran into the same issue with the NZXT Grid and fixed it by snipping the rpm terminals off of all but one of the outputs, and below is a picture that I believe is the back of one of those MMT PCBs where you can see they scratched through the circuit for the tach past the first fan port...



I've really no idea why on earth they would make those hubs/PCBs like that. I can't think of any reason to have the tach going to all of the fan outlet ports instead of just one and it makes their product shoddy for use with any decent fan controller unless you mod it somehow.

That does look exactly like the back of my pcb board...is it really that simple of a fix? If so I'll gladly hack up that one circuit to resolve the issue. Thanks!!
post #280 of 10718
Pretty much what I was trying to say in a nutshell, can't share the rpm from all fans.

Something I noticed for the first time, as I mentioned earlier that the Aquaero now stays on in the new build, I watched the Aquaero when I hit the power button, it actually had a pop up on the screen saying "powering on"". Very impressed now that it's working correctly.
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
4770k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K msi Z87 Mpower XFX R9 295X2 corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
corsair m500 msata Western Digital Velociraptor Hitachi Alphacool Monsta 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 360 EK supremacy CPU water block Koolance RP-401X2 swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RDL1225S Fan Koolance R9 295X2 Water Block Winows 8.1 pro Samsung U28D590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
ducky shine II White Led Cherry Red MX switches... Corsair AX1200i Caselabs TH10 Logitech G502 
Mouse PadOther
Logitech G2 ASUS PCE-AC68 1900 wireless card 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Aquaero Owners Club