Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › No Sound with Asus P8P67 EVO Motherboard On-Board Audio.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No Sound with Asus P8P67 EVO Motherboard On-Board Audio.

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Windows 8.1 64bit. My secondary sound card just died and now I have to rely on the Realtek onboard audio for sound. Problem is I have literally tried everything to make it work to no avail.

Uninstalled and Reinstalled all possible drivers.
Updated the new ones.
Updated my chipset.
Tweaked BIOS settings.
Driver Sweeper.
Tested with multiple devices.
Device Manager shows no issues.
Among other things...
Still no sound at all.

Is there anything else I can try before I resort to buying another sound card? I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware issue before the MOBO is only a couple years old. Safe to say that this this among other issues has made the decision of buying another Asus board for me.

Thanks for any help you can toss my way.

Cheers.
Edited by falinefarwell - 3/16/14 at 9:16am
post #2 of 8
Have you checked if your on-board is now your default playback device in windows?
post #3 of 8
Wouldn't be surprised at all I have a brand new top of the line ASUS mobo and it's onboard graphics died in less than 6months.
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradTP View Post

Have you checked if your on-board is now your default playback device in windows?

Yes I have tired that and I try setting everything in there to the Default Device and none of them work. Although I do get the green sound indication bars when I do the Test or play a music file.
post #5 of 8
Do you have the BIOS set correctly?

I don't remember word for word what it says, but it should be something like "Front Panel Audio / HDMI / SPDIF". Set the HDMI to AC97 and that should work getting audio through the on-board ports.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Do you have the BIOS set correctly?

I don't remember word for word what it says, but it should be something like "Front Panel Audio / HDMI / SPDIF". Set the HDMI to AC97 and that should work getting audio through the on-board ports.

What settings within windows should I change after I switch it to SPDIF?
post #7 of 8
Here is a picture for reference:
Warning: BIOS Screen of Onboard devices (Click to show)

On the top, leave everything the way it is, but switch "HD" to "AC97" and see if that works.

Once your back in Windows, I would just disable everything except the device your using.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Here is a picture for reference:
Warning: BIOS Screen of Onboard devices (Click to show)

On the top, leave everything the way it is, but switch "HD" to "AC97" and see if that works.

Once your back in Windows, I would just disable everything except the device your using.

Just tried that and same results. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager it even recognizes which ports I have my headphones plugged into. I can hear a small buzzing in the headphones as well like their powered on.

Any other ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › No Sound with Asus P8P67 EVO Motherboard On-Board Audio.