Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade - Page 21

post #201 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Sigh if you're going to completely dance around then forget even replying to you. No one is talking about them not admitting it. The topic you just brought up is funding. You try to compare a low funded company to the masses and then when I tell you that they're low funded you run back to the same old "You neglect" crap that you keep spewing out. If you have nothing else to bring to the table then just stop talking. You can already see that you're running out of things to reply with when you bring Projekt and another company to compare to a strictly console company.

^ Speaking of running out of things to reply with lol....

First of all the mention of those other companies was not a direct comparison to From Software. It was to show that there is dedication among developers to pc still. They all still pale to Ubisoft and Electronic arts in funding and yet those big name companies still dish out crap for pc. The point is no matter the size of the company, they can still make a lazy product and port for pc and is becoming more and more frequent.

Regardless, I dont care how much funding they receive to develope and release a pc game...the point is dont release it if it requires significant fixing and if they are going to use the excuse "Well the pc gamers were crying for it" Then surely they saw the level of interest it garnered from the pc community. Surely they could have devoted more time to it especially now that we all know it was rushed according to the publisher. They underestimated the pc community and the outcry, and now after the fact, they confirm their blunder and tell us DS2 will be different.

We both agree about problems existing with DS1, the difference is the degree. You think they are "slight" and I think they are huge to the overall experience and enjoyment of the game. The point there is, they are problems regardless of size and they are problems that will persist in games if we have people like you defending their supposed insignificance.

All of my points still stand and you seem to be the one grasping....I cited a direct quote from the publisher and you keep wanting to dodge it.
Edited by h2spartan - 3/20/14 at 9:02pm
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

^ Speaking of running out of things to reply with lol....

First of all the mention of those other companies was not a direct comparison to From Software. It was to show that there is dedication among developers to pc still. They all still pale to Ubisoft and Electronic arts in funding and yet those big name companies still dish out crap for pc. The point is no matter the size of the company, they can still make a lazy product and port for pc and is becoming more and more frequent.

Regardless, I dont care how much funding they receive to develope and release a pc game...the point is dont release it if it requires significant fixing and if they are going to use the excuse "Well the pc gamers were crying for it" Then surely they saw the level of interest it garnered from the pc community. Surely they could have devoted more time to it especially now that we all know it was rushed according to the publisher. They underestimated the pc community and the outcry, and now after the fact, they confirm their blunder and tell us DS2 will be different.

We both agree about problems existing with DS1, the difference is the degree. You think they are "slight" and I think they are huge to the overall experience and enjoyment of the game. The point there is, they are problems regardless of size and they are problems that will persist in games if we have people like you defending their supposed insignificance.

All of my points still stand and you seem to be the one grasping....I cited a direct quote from the publisher and you keep wanting to dodge it.

And guess what? It wasn't that significant of a problem for the how many times it's been told? Gamers wanted the game fast from a company that never developed for PC and they wanted it fast. Had the game actually been developed along DK1's development stages then I'm sure they could have fixed the minor 3 problems that DK1 had. Guess what? It wasn't and it was released shortly after due to demand. You cited a direct quote pointing to something that WE ALL KNOW ALREADY. You keep saying all of your points are still standing but you have no points. You were saying they were money hungry and then you're crying because they didn't have the same quality as something released from devs that have a career in making PC games. I can guess what you're going to reply with this

"You still don't get it" "You still neglect" "The developer said this"
post #203 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

And guess what? It wasn't that significant of a problem for the how many times it's been told? Gamers wanted the game fast from a company that never developed for PC and they wanted it fast. Had the game actually been developed along DK1's development stages then I'm sure they could have fixed the minor 3 problems that DK1 had. Guess what? It wasn't and it was released shortly after due to demand. You cited a direct quote pointing to something that WE ALL KNOW ALREADY. You keep saying all of your points are still standing but you have no points. You were saying they were money hungry and then you're crying because they didn't have the same quality as something released from devs that have a career in making PC games. I can guess what you're going to reply with this

"You still don't get it" "You still neglect" "The developer said this"

Not significant to whom? You? To how many others thought it was significant enough to compain about, significant enough to warrant a reaction from the publisher.

Gamers? you speak as if every pc gamer who bought DS1 wanted it this way....that's foolish.

You say you already know and yet a few posts back you stated, once again, DS1's problems were due to the lack of experience and funding...when the publisher's direct quote says otherwise. He said they knew about these specific features and didn't want to take the time to implement them....more selective reading, denial and that "OCN logic"

Just because you say I have no points....they don't just magically dissapear in the real world. Maybe in your fantasy land..

But who am I to stand in the way of someone who clearly appreciates rushed, ported half-assed games. By all means continue to support them if that is what you like. I'll just do the opposite.
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Not significant to whom? You? To how many others thought it was significant enough to compain about, significant enough to warrant a reaction from the publisher.

Gamers? you speak as if every pc gamer who bought DS1 wanted it this way....that's foolish.

You say you already know and yet a few posts back you stated, once again, DS1's problems were due to the lack of experience and funding...when the publisher's direct quote says otherwise. He said they knew about these specific features and didn't want to take the time to implement them....more selective reading, denial and that "OCN logic"

Just because you say I have no points....they don't just magically dissapear in the real world. Maybe in your fantasy land..

But who am I to stand in the way of someone who clearly appreciates rushed, ported half-assed games. By all means continue to support them if that is what you like. I'll just do the opposite.

You mean the small team of devs with little funding didn't want to take the time which equals more money spent to actually keep going? It's almost like I said that rolleyes.gif

Sure me and the rest of the dark souls community will continue to enjoy good games. Hopefully you stray away from the majority of games released today since you don't like rushed and ported half assed games.
Edited by theturbofd - 3/20/14 at 10:08pm
post #205 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Sure me and the rest of the dark souls community will continue to enjoy good games. Hopefully you stray away from the majority of games released today since you don't like rushed and ported half assed games.
I didn't see the beginning of this argument, but defending Dark Souls' port just seems ridiculous to me. That said, I do stay away from most modern games, because they are indeed terrible ports the vast majority of the time.
post #206 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by motsm View Post

I didn't see the beginning of this argument, but defending Dark Souls' port just seems ridiculous to me. That said, I do stay away from most modern games, because they are indeed terrible ports the vast majority of the time.

Lol then don't go back and read the rest of his posts...it's a lot of the same.tongue.gif
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

You mean the small team of devs with little funding didn't want to take the time which equals more money spent to actually keep going? It's almost like I said that rolleyes.gif

Sure me and the rest of the dark souls community will continue to enjoy good games. Hopefully you stray away from the majority of games released today since you don't like rushed and ported half assed games.

If money was the issue, he would have said so. He said time because that's what he meant. They most likely wanted to reserve that time for other projects (namely DS2), thus DS1 pc took a back seat on their time and priority list. Either way, the point still is, DO NOT RELEASE AN UNOPTIMIZED PORT even if a select few petition for it because in the long run that isnt doing your company any favors with the vast majority of pc gamers. Do customers trust you in the future, even if you happen to tell them you are building DS2 with a pc first mindset? I'm guessing a DS1 port didn't help their cause. What really helped their cause is steam and massively reducing the price.

The last comment you made is just some pretty ridiculous stuff. rolleyes.gif
Edited by h2spartan - 3/20/14 at 10:31pm
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

If money was the issue, he would have said so. He said time because that's what he meant. They most likely wanted to reserve that time for other projects (namely DS2), thus DS1 pc took a back seat on their time and priority list. Either way, the point still is, DO NOT RELEASE AN UNOPTIMIZED PORT even if a select few petition for it because in the long run that isnt doing your company any favors with the vast majority of pc gamers. Do customers trust you in the future, even if you happen to tell them you are building DS2 with a pc first mindset? I'm guessing a DS1 port didn't help their cause. What really helped their cause is steam and massively reducing the price.

The last comment you made is just some pretty ridiculous stuff. rolleyes.gif

Time = money does he have to spell it out for you to understand? I thought that was common sense? There was no guarantee that the PC port would even make them that much money. Obviously the PC port of DK helped their cause considering the hype for the PC version so obviously the customers trust them. Did you not see that Dark Souls 2 was number # 1 on steam?
post #209 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Time = money does he have to spell it out for you to understand? I thought that was common sense? There was no guarantee that the PC port would even make them that much money. Obviously the PC port of DK helped their cause considering the hype for the PC version so obviously the customers trust them. Did you not see that Dark Souls 2 was number # 1 on steam?

Yeah, of course time equals money but also time equals....TIME! I take it to mean what he said. But like I said before, whether it be money related or needing the time to focus on other projects, we should not support rushed ports. I know I can't convince you or many others of this, but I will express my thoughts on it because I know the clueless aren't the only ones who read forums like this.

As far as DS2, you mean to tell me there are loads of incompetent people preordering games who still haven't got the message? Woah news to me....rolleyes.gif
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Yeah, of course time equals money but also time equals....TIME! I take it to mean what he said. But like I said before, whether it be money related or needing the time to focus on other projects, we should not support rushed ports. I know I can't convince you or many others of this, but I will express my thoughts on it because I know the clueless aren't the only ones who read forums like this.

As far as DS2, you mean to tell me there are loads of incompetent people preordering games who still haven't got the message? Woah news to me....rolleyes.gif

Ah I see now, they're incompetent because they don't have the same mindset as you. Everything you replied with in this thread makes sense now. Well from what I see there's no point in arguing with someone so close minded. Have a nice day! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade