Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade - Page 23

post #221 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

I see the substance of your content is diminishing with each new post. I would hope most are educated and informed enough to see through your thought process.

Lol I see someone is trying their hardest to sound intellectual. I brought facts to you while your posts stay redundant. It's ok though because you're the one born close minded so I guess it really can't be helped.
post #222 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Lol I see someone is trying their hardest to sound intellectual. I brought facts to you while your posts stay redundant. It's ok though because you're the one born close minded so I guess it really can't be helped.

Sound intellectual? you hear my voice through typed words?

Facts? what facts? that you feel console port problems are insignificant?

What? I need to open my mind to the concept of accepting ports?

You are one silly individual....
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #223 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

To say 70k is downplaying total pc sales as if everyone who purchased the game was in on the petition or was aware of it.

Thanks for making my point about ads. It's not a stretch to say more people buy based off of ads and not petitions lol....

I don't see your point. So you are saying that people who buy just off ads may have buyers remorse? In others words, people who don't have much info on their purchases may be unhappy? The steam store page already has a bright orange notice saying "Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended." This info is easily found. Of course ads are suppose to help game sales, i never disputed that fact. However, without the attention that the petition created, the game may have never released on pc.
Desktop
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
I7 2600k Asus P8Z77A-V Pro Gtx 670 Hyper 212+ 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus xonar essence st Bottlehead Crack+Speedball Headphone Amp Sennheiser Hd650 M-Audio Bx8-D2 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
I7 2600k Asus P8Z77A-V Pro Gtx 670 Hyper 212+ 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus xonar essence st Bottlehead Crack+Speedball Headphone Amp Sennheiser Hd650 M-Audio Bx8-D2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #224 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Sound intellectual? you hear my voice through typed words?

Facts? what facts? that you feel console port problems are insignificant?

What? I need to open my mind to the concept of accepting ports?

You are one silly individual....

What exactly is your issue with ports?

You sound like one of those people who just always need to complain about something, as if you're entitled to so much more in all aspects of life.

Die hard DS fans wanted a port, we didn't really care if it wasn't the greatest port as we knew they didn't have much pc expertise.

Pixel warriors and elitists can go on enjoying their rehashed garbage with high rez and pretty lighting.

Some people prefer amazing gaming experiences, even if the graphics aren't stellar.
Edited by repsolRR - 3/21/14 at 12:11am
post #225 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBooNI View Post

I don't see your point. So you are saying that people who buy just off ads may have buyers remorse? In others words, people who don't have much info on their purchases may be unhappy? The steam store page already has a bright orange notice saying "Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended." This info is easily found. Of course ads are suppose to help game sales, i never disputed that fact. However, without the attention that the petition created, the game may have never released on pc.

Yes I am referring to the people who bought the game but not aware of the other issues besides basically requiring a controller such as frame limited, lacking resolution options and generally unoptimized for pc hardware.

Is there a disclaimer that it is a direct port and list of problems a user may face because of that? I mean if they were open about it to begin with, what would be the big deal of including such a disclaimer in their advertisement? Well, of course they wouldn't because it would hurt sales as much as it would inform the buyer.
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #226 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolRR View Post

What exactly is your issue with ports?

You sound like one of those people who just always need to complain about something, as if you're entitled to so much more in all aspects of life.

Die hard DS fans wanted a port, we didn't really care if it wasn't the greatest port as we knew they didn't have much pc expertise.

Pixel warriors and elitists can go on enjoying their rehashed garbage with high rez and pretty lighting.

Some people prefer amazing gaming experiences, even if the graphics aren't stellar.

It's ok I blocked him already. His replies are too redundant and you can obviously see he has nothing.
post #227 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolRR View Post

What exactly is your issue with ports?

You sound like one of those people who just always need to complain about something, as if you're entitled to so much more in all aspects of life.

Die hard DS fans wanted a port, we didn't really care if it wasn't the greatest port as we knew they didn't have much pc expertise.

Pixel warriors and elitists can go on enjoying their rehashed garbage with high rez and pretty lighting.

Some people prefer amazing gaming experiences, even if the graphics aren't stellar.

Does anyone have to explain their issue with rushed ports?

The game isn't just sold or limited to die hard DS fans, why can't you people understand that?

This is a complaint. I am complaining. I will not deny that. But complaints are not always bad. Shut the complainer up and continue to be walked on by companies looking to make a profit at the expense of the ignorant or careless....
Edited by h2spartan - 3/21/14 at 12:37am
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #228 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Yes I am referring to the people who bought the game but not aware of the other issues besides basically requiring a controller such as frame limited, lacking resolution options and generally unoptimized for pc hardware.

Is there a disclaimer that it is a direct port and list of problems a user may face because of that? I mean if they were open about it to begin with, what would be the big deal of including such a disclaimer in their advertisement? Well, of course they wouldn't because it would hurt sales as much as it would inform the buyer.

So your issue is with ads then? It appears your issue is with ads, or how they are currently today. You don't like the fact that the ads show what problems/bugs/etc the product has? Is your issue only with Dark souls because they don't have this info on their ads or all products in general? I mean typically people go to a review to find out what issues a game/product has, not the advertisement.

I can understand if the ad is misleading by saying this game has the best graphics for example, but it was not misleading. Yes it did not list what issues it may has on their advertisement, but that goes with any advertisement. They are meant to generate sales.
Edited by IBooNI - 3/21/14 at 12:26am
Desktop
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
I7 2600k Asus P8Z77A-V Pro Gtx 670 Hyper 212+ 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus xonar essence st Bottlehead Crack+Speedball Headphone Amp Sennheiser Hd650 M-Audio Bx8-D2 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
I7 2600k Asus P8Z77A-V Pro Gtx 670 Hyper 212+ 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus xonar essence st Bottlehead Crack+Speedball Headphone Amp Sennheiser Hd650 M-Audio Bx8-D2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #229 of 241
Thread Starter 
You may have a better DS2 thanks in part to complainers and a hell of a lot of other games that get patches along the way because of complaints. If no one said anything, we would get a lot worse support because the voice wouldn't be there to keep them in check or to let them know we care. They would assume we are content with the subpar product the gave us.
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #230 of 241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBooNI View Post

So your issue is with ads then? It appears your issue is with ads, or how they are currently today. You don't like the fact that the ads show what problems/bugs/etc the product has? Is your issue only with Dark souls because they don't have this info on their ads or all products in general? I mean typically people go to a review to find out what issues a game/product has, not the advertisement.

Reviewers aren't these companies and if they were they'd surely be biased. Reviewers are generally customers like you or me and have to take a hit for the team so that we don't have to suffer the same.

Just like the modding community to fix a game, we have the reviewing community to spare our wallets or encourage the purchase if we are patient enough to wait.

Also, reviews are not always up before a game is released and if you buy a game before or on day one, they will not know what to expect. That is why I discourage the practice of preodering and buying a game on release if no solid reviews are available to read.

I think ads and showcased video should be up front about what platform it is running on and what issues you may run it to. The publisher already testified to knowing these issues beforehand and made the petitioners aware of what you would be getting but dismissed the primary avenue to get the message across to the vast majority and that is through advertising and sites where one is able to purchase the game.
Edited by h2spartan - 3/21/14 at 12:54am
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
Iron Patriot
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930K ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz (9-11-1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512gb Samsung Pro SSD Corsair H110 Windows 7 64 bit Samsung 23SA950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Deskpad XXXXL Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Hot Hardware] Irate Gamers Launch Campaign Over Dark Souls II Console Graphics Downgrade