Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 dual monitor problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 dual monitor problems - Page 3

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_483 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

Is the second monitor a TV?
Technically, yes. It also has a VGA port and a HDMI port though, VGA to the TV's VGA works, verified it with my onboard graphics, but 7950 HDMI to TV HDMI doesn't work unfortunately. I've ordered a HDMI > VGA adapter to see if it will work.

A DVI->HDMI adapter would work for testing.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Ok so I've tried hdmi to hdmi, hdmi to vga adapter, mini displayport to hdmi adapter. Nothing at all works, should I just give up with this and accept the fact it's probably not possible to run dual monitors when your graphics card only has 1 single DVI port?
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_483 View Post

Ok so I've tried hdmi to hdmi, hdmi to vga adapter, mini displayport to hdmi adapter. Nothing at all works, should I just give up with this and accept the fact it's probably not possible to run dual monitors when your graphics card only has 1 single DVI port?

My dual x only has one dvi and it works with hdmi.

Did you happen to make sure under your monitor settings in windows 7 is set to extend displays and not just show desktop on monitor 1? That and also plug it back in and up top hit detect displays or whatever next to identify displays and see if it shows up after.

Ive had similar issues before and hitting detect sonetimes detects the display if it isnt showing up.

If still nothing its safe to say its an issue with your card
 
Spare Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6300 asrock extreme 3 r2.0 gtx 650 9800gtx+ 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
corsair Seagate Barracuda arctic freezer extreme rev 2 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 22" azza precision pro xion 700w Thermaltake Commander 
MouseOther
azza 935u 2 case fans 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Spare Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6300 asrock extreme 3 r2.0 gtx 650 9800gtx+ 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
corsair Seagate Barracuda arctic freezer extreme rev 2 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 22" azza precision pro xion 700w Thermaltake Commander 
MouseOther
azza 935u 2 case fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yfz450ridr View Post

My dual x only has one dvi and it works with hdmi.

Did you happen to make sure under your monitor settings in windows 7 is set to extend displays and not just show desktop on monitor 1? That and also plug it back in and up top hit detect displays or whatever next to identify displays and see if it shows up after.

Ive had similar issues before and hitting detect sonetimes detects the display if it isnt showing up.

If still nothing its safe to say its an issue with your card
Yeah tried detecting/extending/identifying both in Windows and in the Catalyst Control Center to no avail.
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
Update: I found one of my old tv/monitors and hooked it up with the displayport -> HDMI, and everything was fine apart from one problem which was blurry text on the 2nd monitor. I decided I'd try the HDMI -> VGA on this new monitor to see if it worked and to see if it would be less blurry, didn't work. So I plug the displayport -> HDMI back in and now for some reason nothing is working again, I am so confused right now cause it's exactly the same setup as when it was working.

The monitor is seen by windows and CCC but on the monitor it just tells me no signal.
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_483 View Post

Update: I found one of my old tv/monitors and hooked it up with the displayport -> HDMI, and everything was fine apart from one problem which was blurry text on the 2nd monitor. I decided I'd try the HDMI -> VGA on this new monitor to see if it worked and to see if it would be less blurry, didn't work. So I plug the displayport -> HDMI back in and now for some reason nothing is working again, I am so confused right now cause it's exactly the same setup as when it was working.

The monitor is seen by windows and CCC but on the monitor it just tells me no signal.
On top of that I know it's working because my desktop icons have disappeared from the main monitor and i can move the mouse off the screen which obviously means the cursor has gone to the other monitor, but for some reason it just displays no signal, this is so infuriating just for the fact that it was working perfectly fine not even 10 minutes ago.

Also when I remove the HDMI cable and plug it back into the TV the screen flashes in distorted colours for a second and the resolution display box on the TV pops up saying I believe something like 970 x ?? (?? is actually displayed on the screen, not just saying that as a representation of numbers I don't know/remember) then goes back to no signal, also sometimes the TV will just turn to stand by after trying to extend the display. I've tried resetting the TV from the TV menu and nothing, tried restarting PC, nothing. I don't know what has changed since it was working earlier.
Edited by Chris_483 - 3/24/14 at 10:34am
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A78L-M LX-Plus Gigabyte AMD Radeon 7950 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
128GB Kingston SSDNow Windows 7 22" Viewsonic 120hz LCD Corsair 750W 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 dual monitor problems