Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Various] Unreal Engine 4, Epic Media Keynote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Unreal Engine 4, Epic Media Keynote - Page 2

post #11 of 25
I'm excited for next-gen games smile.gif
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 25
Unity multithreading! OMG

Finally, 400 pieces ships in KSP without lag!
post #13 of 25
Soon Cryengine will save us from cartoony games at a cheaper price, Win win everyone.

Also it comes with Mantle.
post #14 of 25
No coding experience required?!?! I may be able to fulfill my dream of making a videogame!!!
The Sleeper
(10 items)
 
 
Sony Xperia Z3
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon 7950 MSI Radeon 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600mhz Samsung 470 SSD Corsair H80i Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel SU7300 Core2Duo 1.6 Ghz Alienware OEM Nvidia 335m 8 GB PNY memory 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Samsing 840 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Generic PNP monitor @ 75hz 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon 801 @ 2.5 Ghz Adreno 330 3 GB 32 GB  
CoolingOSMonitor
Blow on it Android 4.4.4 1920x1080 LCD 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sleeper
(10 items)
 
 
Sony Xperia Z3
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 MSI Radeon 7950 MSI Radeon 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600mhz Samsung 470 SSD Corsair H80i Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel SU7300 Core2Duo 1.6 Ghz Alienware OEM Nvidia 335m 8 GB PNY memory 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Samsing 840 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Generic PNP monitor @ 75hz 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon 801 @ 2.5 Ghz Adreno 330 3 GB 32 GB  
CoolingOSMonitor
Blow on it Android 4.4.4 1920x1080 LCD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadboy90 View Post

No coding experience required?!?! I may be able to fulfill my dream of making a videogame!!!

A bunch of them say that , but it's no really true if you want to have serious interaction, any sort of A.I. and other stuff (atleast in Unity).
It's a really good way to learn to code tough, much better than having to solve weird logic problems and stuff rolleyes.gif
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

Cryengine is cheaper and they don't take royalties from your final published product. Not to mention that it's the more impressive engine.

CryEngine may be technologically more impressive, but last time I checked (about 1 year ago) it was really not that good for developers. The free SDK you get is still fairly black boxed (unlike UDK, which gives you access to the full source code) and isn't all that flexible. It's good for making Crysis clones, but not very suitable for anything else. You'd need a commercial licence for that which is quite expensive, beyond the reach of any indie devs. And still the documentation and community support is really poor. Nowhere close to UDK or Unity, sadly.
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poroboszcz View Post

CryEngine may be technologically more impressive, but last time I checked (about 1 year ago) it was really not that good for developers. The free SDK you get is still fairly black boxed (unlike UDK, which gives you access to the full source code) and isn't all that flexible. It's good for making Crysis clones, but not very suitable for anything else. You'd need a commercial licence for that which is quite expensive, beyond the reach of any indie devs. And still the documentation and community support is really poor. Nowhere close to UDK or Unity, sadly.

You realize that CryEngine has gone to the same subscription model that Unreal has right?

See here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1475675/gamespot-cryengine-subscription-at-10-a-month-with-no-royalties/0_30
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du@lGeEk View Post

A bunch of them say that , but it's no really true if you want to have serious interaction, any sort of A.I. and other stuff (atleast in Unity).
It's a really good way to learn to code tough, much better than having to solve weird logic problems and stuff rolleyes.gif

Games are made from solving weird logic problems?
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

You realize that CryEngine has gone to the same subscription model that Unreal has right?

See here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1475675/gamespot-cryengine-subscription-at-10-a-month-with-no-royalties/0_30

Where exactly does it say that the cryengine subscription gives you access to source code?
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post

Where exactly does it say that the cryengine subscription gives you access to source code?

It doesn't, you're right, but has Crytek said anywhere that they won't provide the source code?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Various] Unreal Engine 4, Epic Media Keynote