Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Debating on Returning my Razer Blade Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Debating on Returning my Razer Blade Pro

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
3 days after my originally return policy goes up, Razer announces a more powerful version for the SAME price as what I paid for my less powerful model. So I contact Razer as most companies will try to work with customers when they release something out of the blue like this. Razer made it very clear that they had no intention of doing anything other than letting me return for a 15% restocking fee then reordering the new Pro. This is out of the question as I'm not going to pay $400 more for the new model. Anyway, they kept trying to hide stuff and even blocked me from their Facebook as that people wouldn't see the trouble I was having. Anyway I've been thinking about returning it and just going to buy from another company who would appreciate my business more. Whats you guys opinions? Also maybe some reccomendations if I do get a refund. I've looked at Toshibas (heard lost of people complain about overheating) I've looked at Lenovos (been told to stay away from them) I've looked into buying another Alienware. I'm wanting to stick with a laptop with an aluminum body and an 800 series GPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( Please no insults, I'm only looking for actual helpful advice) Also if there is a maker I didn't suggest please feel free to mention them. Also I'm trying to stay in the $1500 range since I don't feel like spending $2500 again.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post

3 days after my originally return policy goes up, Razer announces a more powerful version for the SAME price as what I paid for my less powerful model. So I contact Razer as most companies will try to work with customers when they release something out of the blue like this. Razer made it very clear that they had no intention of doing anything other than letting me return for a 15% restocking fee then reordering the new Pro. This is out of the question as I'm not going to pay $400 more for the new model. Anyway, they kept trying to hide stuff and even blocked me from their Facebook as that people wouldn't see the trouble I was having. Anyway I've been thinking about returning it and just going to buy from another company who would appreciate my business more. Whats you guys opinions? Also maybe some reccomendations if I do get a refund. I've looked at Toshibas (heard lost of people complain about overheating) I've looked at Lenovos (been told to stay away from them) I've looked into buying another Alienware. I'm wanting to stick with a laptop with an aluminum body and an 800 series GPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( Please no insults, I'm only looking for actual helpful advice) Also if there is a maker I didn't suggest please feel free to mention them. Also I'm trying to stay in the $1500 range since I don't feel like spending $2500 again.

If your looking for the best "customer service" then I would stick around Alienware, I have heard nothing but praises on this forum.

Who told you to stay away from Lenovo? Their not good educating their buyers but if you know how to look into a machine before buying it (should do this regardless of brand) then you shouldnt have any problems
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

If your looking for the best "customer service" then I would stick around Alienware, I have heard nothing but praises on this forum.

Who told you to stay away from Lenovo? Their not good educating their buyers but if you know how to look into a machine before buying it (should do this regardless of brand) then you shouldnt have any problems
From spec wise, the Lenovos aren't bad. Except the GPU leaves a little to be desired but the price is really nice. It was probably someone that was brand loyal. I've been leaning towards another Alienware, it's nice to know their customer service has been good for others, I never had a problem from my M11X so I wasn't too sure of theirs, so I really appreciate the help. Actually the Blade Pro is a fantastic piece of hardware, their customer service just sucks and I don't want to get stuck with fighting them if something happens to it. On top of the higher price, I spec'd out a M18X with dual gtx 860s 16 GB of RAM and 500 GB HDD and it was still cheaper than the 17 in Razer. Shame I just didn't go another route to begin with, but you learn from your mistakes.
Edited by cthulhucometh - 3/21/14 at 7:26pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post


From spec wise, the Lenovos aren't bad. Except the GPU leaves a little to be desired but the price is really nice. It was probably someone that was brand loyal. I've been leaning towards another Alienware, it's nice to know their customer service has been good for others, I never had a problem from my M11X so I wasn't too sure of theirs, so I really appreciate the help. Actually the Blade Pro is a fantastic piece of hardware, their customer service just sucks and I don't want to get stuck with fighting them if something happens to it. On top of the higher price, I spec'd out a M18X with dual gtx 860s 16 GB of RAM and 500 GB HDD and it was still cheaper than the 17 in Razer. Shame I just didn't go another route to begin with, but you learn from your mistakes.

Compared to the actual enthusiast mobile machines I would have to agree. Though currently it max's out my games no problem with no AA or 2x AA.

There are better machines out there though, and Alienware seems to be where its at for laptops, especially so if you want to be able to upgrade what you have in the future and keep your system top of the line. Something I cant do with my Lenovo
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Compared to the actual enthusiast mobile machines I would have to agree. Though currently it max's out my games no problem with no AA or 2x AA.

There are better machines out there though, and Alienware seems to be where its at for laptops, especially so if you want to be able to upgrade what you have in the future and keep your system top of the line. Something I cant do with my Lenovo
If you don't mind me asking, which Lenovo do you have? I looked at the Y510 alot. Saving the extra money would be nice, but I want to be able to upgrade as well. Also have you had any experience with Lenovos customer service?
post #6 of 19
The forums seem to be helpful from their site, as they do spend time responding to inquiries and those that cant have their machines fixed or issues resolved (non SLI > SLI issue which was popularized) I would look to the forums there for reference. The Customer reps are nice and helpful, however lack intimate knowledge of the product so if you have specific details you need you can always create a thread about it as plenty of members here have it (including myself) as well as a populated thread in notebookreview

The non SLI model doesnt seem to work well when you add the second GPU in later, so if you decided to get the y510p and not to have issues just snag the SLI model with the 755m, it sits within margin of 6970m and 580m until you apply 4x+ AA and then you might choke (pending game)

It runs quite warm to the touch if you dont have it elevated or cooling pad, but still has throttling via temps in case you do somehow drive the temps that high, so no danger to hardware is present.

The Coupons went back into effect as of now and is 1200, not a bad buy at all

Oh lol. I have the Y510P SLI model
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
I appreciate the info. The Blade Pro runs quite hot as well. Not quite sure what route I want to go. The one thing I didn't really like about it was it wasn't a 17 in laptop. I know it may not seem a big deal, but I have a 27 on my desktop lol.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post

I appreciate the info. The Blade Pro runs quite hot as well. Not quite sure what route I want to go. The one thing I didn't really like about it was it wasn't a 17 in laptop. I know it may not seem a big deal, but I have a 27 on my desktop lol.
Oh yeah I hear ya man lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 19
Does it have to be from Razer? I mean... that's a really really overpriced laptop for what you get. You can get the same specs in a Sager for literally half the price.

The model I've been looking at is the NP7378. Complete with an i7 and an 860M...the maxwell one. >w> But that's just me.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

Does it have to be from Razer? I mean... that's a really really overpriced laptop for what you get. You can get the same specs in a Sager for literally half the price.

The model I've been looking at is the NP7378. Complete with an i7 and an 860M...the maxwell one. >w> But that's just me.
I'm returning my Razer to get something else. Customer service from there is horrible. I'm just looking for options for when I get my refund from the laptop back. About the only must haves are a backlit keyboard and 17 inch screen, as well as an 800 series GPU and atleast an i7 4700
Edited by cthulhucometh - 3/22/14 at 1:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Debating on Returning my Razer Blade Pro