Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EVGA] Step-up your GTX 780 to 6GB Update: 6GB GTX 780 Ti cancelled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EVGA] Step-up your GTX 780 to 6GB Update: 6GB GTX 780 Ti cancelled. - Page 62  

post #611 of 1081
Yeah, aren't we busy already benching and tweaking gpu's? If there's really a catch down the road then so be it. But if the information at hand shows that it's a very good deal then there's no reason to question it. We all know that it's all about business anyway...unless nvidia is going into philanthropy drive, which i highly doubt. This deal might be too good to be true, and it could also be as too good as it seems.
post #612 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupalypse View Post

Yeah, aren't we busy already benching and tweaking gpu's? If there's really a catch down the road then so be it. But if the information at hand shows that it's a very good deal then there's no reason to question it. We all know that it's all about business anyway...unless nvidia is going into philanthropy drive, which i highly doubt. This deal might be too good to be true, and it could also be as too good as it seems.

Nvidia isn't releasing a 6GB 780 or 780 Ti, but they don't mind manufacturers putting extra RAM on their PCBs if they want to.
post #613 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitvar View Post

Nvidia isn't releasing a 6GB 780 or 780 Ti, but they don't mind manufacturers putting extra RAM on their PCBs if they want to.
If they did not mind, then we would have 6GB 780s and 780 Tis long time ago.
If nvidia says no, manufacturers cant make it.
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
post #614 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36 View Post

If they did not mind, then we would have 6GB 780s and 780 Tis long time ago.
If nvidia says no, manufacturers cant make it.

Nvidia likely has time restrictions or tier restrictions on when manufacturers can take liberties with the source board. Which is why you don't get custom PCB/coolers right away generally and extra GB editions come late - but are quite common.
post #615 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitvar View Post

Nvidia likely has time restrictions or tier restrictions on when manufacturers can take liberties with the source board. Which is why you don't get custom PCB/coolers right away generally and extra GB editions come late - but are quite common.
Well, your previous post makes no sense then.
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
post #616 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36 View Post

Well, your previous post makes no sense then.

I guess you can't read then? Nvidia isn't releasing a new 6GB reference. Manufacturers are doing this, not nvidia.
post #617 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitvar View Post

Other than that, who really cares why this is happening? It is good for gamers!

Except we don't really know if anything is happening regarding the Ti. I would not be surprised if it never materializes. If it happens sure it would be good for gamers who can afford it and I'm certainly not complaining, in fact I am hoping that it happens -- just don't think it will.

I would be surprised if the majority of people buying the Titan Black actually bought it for and used the DP capabilities, or cared about it at all for that matter.

I can't imagine any gamer who bought a Titan Black(s) would be very pleased about a 780Ti 6GB a month or two later, no matter how deep their pockets -- it's a matter of principle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitvar View Post

I guess you can't read then? Nvidia isn't releasing a new 6GB reference. Manufacturers are doing this, not nvidia.

No, but they are giving vendors permission to do it (in terms of the 780, nobody knows about the TI yet). Vendors aren't just doing this out of the blue without nVidia's permission and hoping for the best.
Edited by degenn - 4/15/14 at 5:47pm
4K60
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Titan Xp 16gb Quad-Channel GSkill Trident-X DDR3-2666 CAS11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 256gb 840pro Samsung 256gb 840pro 1x Alphacool UT60 560mm 3x Alphacool UT60 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance CPU-380i Aquaero 5 Pro Primochill Rigid Acrylic Tubing 2x Koolance D5 Vario Pumps w/ tach 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win7 x64 Acer XB321HK Dell U3014 Pioneer KURO PRO-141FD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth eVGA Platinum 1000P2 CaseLabs STH-10 Steelseries Kana v2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Bel Canto REFLink Bricasti M1 Special Edition Pass Labs XA30.8 Focal Scala Utopia III V.2 
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
4K60
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Titan Xp 16gb Quad-Channel GSkill Trident-X DDR3-2666 CAS11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 256gb 840pro Samsung 256gb 840pro 1x Alphacool UT60 560mm 3x Alphacool UT60 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance CPU-380i Aquaero 5 Pro Primochill Rigid Acrylic Tubing 2x Koolance D5 Vario Pumps w/ tach 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win7 x64 Acer XB321HK Dell U3014 Pioneer KURO PRO-141FD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth eVGA Platinum 1000P2 CaseLabs STH-10 Steelseries Kana v2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Bel Canto REFLink Bricasti M1 Special Edition Pass Labs XA30.8 Focal Scala Utopia III V.2 
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
post #618 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by degenn View Post

Except we don't really know if anything is happening regarding the Ti. I would not be surprised if it never materializes. If it happens sure it would be good for gamers who can afford it and I'm certainly not complaining, in fact I am hoping that it happens -- just don't think it will.

I would be surprised if the majority of people buying the Titan Black actually bought it for and used the DP capabilities, or cared about it at all for that matter.

I can't imagine any gamer who bought a Titan Black(s) would be very pleased about a 780Ti 6GB a month or two later, no matter how deep their pockets -- it's a matter of principle.
No, but they are giving vendors permission to do it (in terms of the 780, nobody knows about the TI yet). Vendors aren't just doing this out of the blue without nVidia's permission and hoping for the best.

I take it you haven't been keeping up with the entire thread. Jacob from EVGA has confirmed that not only is the 780 Ti 6GB in the works, but they'll have a date/more details within the month. They also confirmed this over at the EVGA forums.
post #619 of 1081
No offense to Jacob but he's guaranteed things in the past which have turned out to be untrue so you'll have to excuse me if I take it with a grain of salt. I've also asked for firm confirmation that nVidia is allowing 780Ti 6GB's but got no response.

In short, until I actually see it listed for sale and I can put it into my cart or walk into a store and buy one, I don't believe it.
4K60
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Titan Xp 16gb Quad-Channel GSkill Trident-X DDR3-2666 CAS11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 256gb 840pro Samsung 256gb 840pro 1x Alphacool UT60 560mm 3x Alphacool UT60 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance CPU-380i Aquaero 5 Pro Primochill Rigid Acrylic Tubing 2x Koolance D5 Vario Pumps w/ tach 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win7 x64 Acer XB321HK Dell U3014 Pioneer KURO PRO-141FD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth eVGA Platinum 1000P2 CaseLabs STH-10 Steelseries Kana v2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Bel Canto REFLink Bricasti M1 Special Edition Pass Labs XA30.8 Focal Scala Utopia III V.2 
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
4K60
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Titan Xp 16gb Quad-Channel GSkill Trident-X DDR3-2666 CAS11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 256gb 840pro Samsung 256gb 840pro 1x Alphacool UT60 560mm 3x Alphacool UT60 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance CPU-380i Aquaero 5 Pro Primochill Rigid Acrylic Tubing 2x Koolance D5 Vario Pumps w/ tach 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win7 x64 Acer XB321HK Dell U3014 Pioneer KURO PRO-141FD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth eVGA Platinum 1000P2 CaseLabs STH-10 Steelseries Kana v2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Bel Canto REFLink Bricasti M1 Special Edition Pass Labs XA30.8 Focal Scala Utopia III V.2 
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
post #620 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by degenn View Post

No offense to Jacob but he's guaranteed things in the past which have turned out to be untrue so you'll have to excuse me if I take it with a grain of salt. I've also asked for firm confirmation that nVidia is allowing 780Ti 6GB's but got no response.

In short, until I actually see it listed for sale and I can put it into my cart or walk into a store and buy one, I don't believe it.

Not sure if I have EVER guaranteed anything. That is the nature of this industry, things change, plans change, products change. I can only tell you what is in the works at the moment, that is not under NDA of course.

Yes 6GB Ti is in the works, and I do not have an ETA on it yet. Right now we are 100% focused on bringing 780 6GB to market first.
jfreeZr
(11 items)
 
hadronGTX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 5.2GHz EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA GTX 980 ACX2 2666MHz CL12 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Samsung EVO RAID0 Phase Change Win8.1 64 Catleap 27" 2560x1440 110Hz 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Primochill Wet Bench Core3D + Sennheiser HD595 + iBasso Amp 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel 3770K EVGA Z77 Stinger EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti ACX 2x Vertex3 SSD 480GB RAID0 
CoolingCase
Corsair H60 EVGA Hadron Hydro 
  hide details  
jfreeZr
(11 items)
 
hadronGTX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 5.2GHz EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA GTX 980 ACX2 2666MHz CL12 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Samsung EVO RAID0 Phase Change Win8.1 64 Catleap 27" 2560x1440 110Hz 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Primochill Wet Bench Core3D + Sennheiser HD595 + iBasso Amp 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel 3770K EVGA Z77 Stinger EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti ACX 2x Vertex3 SSD 480GB RAID0 
CoolingCase
Corsair H60 EVGA Hadron Hydro 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EVGA] Step-up your GTX 780 to 6GB Update: 6GB GTX 780 Ti cancelled.