Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie FK vs logitech G602?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie FK vs logitech G602?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I know they are two different species, I like the convenience of wireless and have been using it forever almost. But im sick of how big it is, Im a claw grip or fingertip but never palm. Should i stick with wireless though since a cable might restrict movement especially since i never used one in a long time or not? After doing research i find the Zowie to be what i think is the right shape for my hand but im worried about cable and price; and seems to not come with braided cable which is kind of weird considering how not cheap it is.
post #2 of 12
Comparing apples and oranges then talking about braided cables and wireless. I see good potential for trolling.
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadrone View Post

I know they are two different species, I like the convenience of wireless and have been using it forever almost. But im sick of how big it is, Im a claw grip or fingertip but never palm. Should i stick with wireless though since a cable might restrict movement especially since i never used one in a long time or not? After doing research i find the Zowie to be what i think is the right shape for my hand but im worried about cable and price; and seems to not come with braided cable which is kind of weird considering how not cheap it is.

Depends on you mainly.
Zowie mice (like the AM) have very good and flexible cables compared to my Rival for example, no worries.

I just move the cable once around the stand of my monitor and adjust the lenght of it.
Or just use some tape and fix it on your table, also a possibility. Problem solved, no restrictions smile.gif

You should be able to get used to it, no worries.
post #4 of 12
I didn't have any trouble with my FK's cable. Didn't even notice it, like a good braided cable even though it isn't.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 12
Yeah, this is a bad comparison.

You need to prioritize.

Comfort/ergonomics should come first before all else. Every other issue can be ameliorated but not the shape of the mouse. You can use a mouse bungee to deal with cord tangle issues. There are not many good claw wireless mice. The orochi is probably the closest thing but it uses a non-optical sensor.

I'll spell it out for you: "IF YOU DON'T PALM, DON'T GET A PALM MOUSE."

The FK is a fine choice, especially if you play non-apm intensive games like fps or casually moba.
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperial View Post

Depends on you mainly.
Zowie mice (like the AM) have very good and flexible cables compared to my Rival for example, no worries.

I just move the cable once around the stand of my monitor and adjust the lenght of it.
Or just use some tape and fix it on your table, also a possibility. Problem solved, no restrictions smile.gif

You should be able to get used to it, no worries.

I dont have much experience with non-wireless, why is it important to adjust length of it or have a some cable device for it? the cable for me will go under the table to where the case is on the floor.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadrone View Post

why is it important to adjust length of it or have a some cable device for it?

The cable might (depending on your movement area size) slide down from the table.
Then the next quick maneuver might be hindered (happens quite often as mid or low sensitivity player).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

Comfort/ergonomics should come first before all else. Every other issue can be ameliorated but not the shape of the mouse.

Saw some pictures of mice that got modified with tape and .. things attached to it (foam?) to make it bigger or shaped different in some areas of the mouse. Not everyone's cup of tea of course.

Shape (and weight) is the reason (maybe even the only one) which always let's me switch back to my WMO, even if just for a little bit for direct comparisons.

The awesome aspect about the WMO shape in my opinion is: I let my hand slowly sink onto the mouse, fingers just barely touching the sides so they have contact and I can effortlessly lift the mouse without applying any pressure. It feels almost as if I had glue applied.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadrone View Post

I dont have much experience with non-wireless, why is it important to adjust length of it or have a some cable device for it? the cable for me will go under the table to where the case is on the floor.

I don't like it going behind the table as you notice some slight pull everytime you swipe the mouse. Also theres some friction as the cable rubs against the edges of your desk.. especially with a braided cable.

Having the right lenght of it on my table helps therefore.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
My dell monitor stand has a hole for cables in it, would this suffice?
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadrone View Post

My dell monitor stand has a hole for cables in it, would this suffice?

Depends.
As i said: If you don't have to pull on the cable everytime you swipe it's all fine.

Futhermore it helps for longevity. Some people wonder why their mouse starts malfunction occasionally.. a loose contact might be a possible reason for those issues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie FK vs logitech G602?