Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I feel like gaming is getting ......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I feel like gaming is getting ...... - Page 11

post #101 of 114
I find myself moving away from BF4 and into ARMA 2/3, DayZ. They have just so many more options.
post #102 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Most of the games he listed in the OP are garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkarosMelan View Post

To me hes just being miserable about the gaming industry,because i have never seen someone complain about somthing like this..there are hundreds or thousands of great games out there. everyone has a game or games suited for them to enjoy.This guy just cant seem to get any enjoyment out of them. if to this day you are stil ""thinking""about buying a console, then you that clearly means you dont need one and theres no point.

I stay on PC for my first choice (look at my post above, post 99)

reason why i want a console is because i cant find any games that fits my first choice.

consoles fit perfectly for my 2nd choice
i already have 10000000000000 games in mind to buy if i buy a console.
(IE: all final fantasy, kingdom hearts series, cod ghosts (on console its semi playable), soul saga, god of war series, megaman series and more, basically all those fantasy RPG type games)
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkarosMelan View Post

To me hes just being miserable about the gaming industry,because i have never seen someone complain about somthing like this..there are hundreds or thousands of great games out there. everyone has a game or games suited for them to enjoy.This guy just cant seem to get any enjoyment out of them. if to this day you are stil ""thinking""about buying a console, then you that clearly means you dont need one and theres no point...i mean when you say titan fall is like a mass rampage game,what does that even mean..are all war games involving heavy weapons, guns and explosions considered mass rampage games? ...

tell me how other games with guns seem like a mass rampage game??

in ttianfall, you literally run around blowing things up without having to outplay anyone. basically who ever pulls the trigger frist in that rocket of yours wins.
in BF4, theres so many people and machineray that you HAVE to stay close to your side, or else 20 people try to kill u

cod is like the only FPS game where you dont use some ridiculous mass damaging item or object to kill someone, other than killstreaks. (which is now becoming impossible to even outplay, enemy gets a killstreak ur basically dieing to it unless u wanna stay inside a building until the killstreak is over)

i mean dont get me wrong, these seems like fun games.

its just i dont want to spend my time having to hide in a corner because i dont want to get 1 shot and blown up.

or have 20 people trying to me kill
Edited by IMKR - 3/26/14 at 8:51pm
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post


reason why i want a console is because i cant find any games that fits my first choice.

consoles fit perfectly for my 2nd choice
i already have 10000000000000 games in mind to buy if i buy a console.
(IE: all final fantasy, kingdom hearts series, cod ghosts (on console its semi playable), soul saga, god of war series, megaman series and more, basically all those fantasy RPG type games)

I thought you don't buy single player games? The ones on consoles are far worse, they lack the depth of some of the other SP games you mentioned since they're mostly casual. You seem to be into MMOs, so PC has a bigger library for you. If you want fantasy RPG games, the best ones are on PC (Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights series, The Elder Scrolls series, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale series, more to come).

CoD: Ghosts as well as all other games in the series again lack any sort of depth and are just repetitive run-and-gun, in both single player and multiplayer. It's not any different than Titanfall really, it just doesn't have mechs or wallrunning or jetpacks. You don't have to outplay anyone, CoD ensures this by adding the reward system and awful random spawn system. If you want a competitive shooter to outplay someone, look at CS:GO or Insurgency. If you want a more tactical, realistic, less casual and more PC-focused counterpart to Battlefield, look at Rising Storm. Also check out Natural Selection 2 which is as much a strategy game as it is a shooter, putting it on a much higher level than all other active PvP shooters.
Edited by boredgunner - 3/26/14 at 8:55pm
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 4133 C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 4133 C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 114
Thread Starter 
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I thought you don't buy single player games? The ones on consoles are far worse, they lack the depth of some of the other SP games you mentioned since they're mostly casual. You seem to be into MMOs, so PC has a bigger library for you. If you want fantasy RPG games, the best ones are on PC (Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights series, The Elder Scrolls series, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale series, more to come).

.

nope, IMO the console has more exclusive games like JRPG has more depths and interest storyline to me, along with the kinds of moves you can use and the combat style.
but as for games like dragon age, elderscrools, etc etc i dont like it. it uses to much historical medieval stuff. (bow and arrow, simple swords, etc etc) but i will definitly buy them when they go on a big sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post


CoD: Ghosts as well as all other games in the series again lack any sort of depth and are just repetitive run-and-gun, in both single player and multiplayer. It's not any different than Titanfall really, it just doesn't have mechs or wallrunning or jetpacks.

i agree with this, but i like the competitive side of the game. what i hate about these FPS games is that nowadays, you HAVE to hide in a corner or else u die by someone camping, or using some sort of special move that will kill u.

i remember in MW3 where everyone was running around and you literally had to outplay them to win. (prone, faster reaction, pay attention to radar, jump, etc etc) where as in titanfall and other FPS games nowadays, everyone is just hiding, killing stragglers, waiting to get their ALL MIGHTY WEAPON. (their titan, or killstreaks in cod)
Edited by IMKR - 3/26/14 at 9:04pm
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 114
when did i ever say other games with guns,explosions etc are a massive rampage..im only giving you an idea of the way your thinking,considering you are the one who said titan fall was a mass rampage. i fully know what you can do in titan fall. you can do the simlar things in other war games. so if you think titan fall i a mass rampage then so are most other games like gears of war or battle field
post #107 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkarosMelan View Post

when did i ever say other games with guns,explosions etc are a massive rampage..im only giving you an idea of the way your thinking,considering you are the one who said titan fall was a mass rampage. i fully know what you can do in titan fall. you can do the simlar things in other war games. so if you think titan fall i a mass rampage then so are most other games like gears of war or battle field

and im saying, titanfall in particular seems more of a mass ramapage game than any other FPS game there is .. while ur saying to me "if u think titanfall is a massrampage game, so is every other fps game"

again, u literally run around using tricks to blow things up.


all in all, i think i just have to quit looking for MP games. instead, just patiently wait for some kind of MMORPG game to come out that isnt linear. (play til ur max lvl, and ur done)

untill then, i guess ill just pick up some games on steam thats on sale.
Edited by IMKR - 3/26/14 at 9:15pm
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

]
nope, IMO the console has more exclusive games like JRPG has more depths and interest storyline to me, along with the kinds of moves you can use and the combat style.
but as for games like dragon age, elderscrools, etc etc i dont like it. it uses to much historical medieval stuff. (bow and arrow, simple swords, etc etc) but i will definitly buy them when they go on a big sale

Playstation is the way to go for JRPGs, you're right about that. Though nothing has as much gameplay diversity as TES or D&D games, you won't find anything on console with the gameplay depth of Neverwinter Nights, and when it comes to story depth Dragon Age towers above most others, and Planescape: Torment stands above all others in a league of its own.

If you don't like bow and arrow, or simple swords, those games do provide much more. You name it, those games have it. You can avoid melee combat altogether and be a mage as well, and there are many different types of mage characters (sorcerers, wizards, necromancers, clerics, druids, etc).
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 4133 C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 4133 C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

and im saying, titanfall in particular seems more of a mass ramapage game than any other FPS game there is .. while ur saying to me "if u think titanfall is a massrampage game, so is every other fps game"

again, u literally run around using tricks to blow things up.


all in all, i think i just have to quit looking for MP games. instead, just patiently wait for some kind of MMORPG game to come out that isnt linear. (play til ur max lvl, and ur done)

untill then, i guess ill just pick up some games on steam thats on sale.

okay
post #110 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Playstation is the way to go for JRPGs, you're right about that. Though nothing has as much gameplay diversity as TES or D&D games, you won't find anything on console with the gameplay depth of Neverwinter Nights, and when it comes to story depth Dragon Age towers above most others, and Planescape: Torment stands above all others in a league of its own.

If you don't like bow and arrow, or simple swords, those games do provide much more. You name it, those games have it. You can avoid melee combat altogether and be a mage as well, and there are many different types of mage characters (sorcerers, wizards, necromancers, clerics, druids, etc).

yeah i will probably buy dragon age games and elder scroll games if i can find some at good deals. (one of the many benefits of single player games biggrin.gif i dont have to buy them ASAP for MP, to have people playing)

also, i didint play any games in the elder scroll series.
do u recommend me HAVE to start from the first?
or can i just go into skyrim?
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4670 H81m P33 MSI GTX 760 Hawk G Skill Ripjaws x series 2x4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD blue 1TB Samsung dvd burner SH-224DB/BEBE Windows 7 Asus VN248H-P 
PowerCase
Rosewill Capstone 550w Corsair carbide 200r 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G3220 MSI H81m-P33 G.SKILL Sniper Series 4GB PNY XLR8 SSD 120GB 
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
Cheapest Drive I Was Able To Find Windows 7 Corsair CX 450w NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I feel like gaming is getting ......