Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club - Page 17

post #161 of 4000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

What TIM are you using?
I've been swearing by the Noctua, but have run out..

I used MX-4 because my NT-H1 (Noctua) was being delivered! That's the reason I'm changing TIM again! biggrin.gif

In the latest review I read, the NT-H1, PK-1, and Chill Factor III were neck and neck. The reviewer even mentioned that both pastes had almost the exact specs and consistency (it was a review of a ton of TIMS from 2013 - I can't seem to find the article though!), making them think that both pastes come from the same OEM. The NT-H1 performed slightly better overall though (as in 0.2~0.3*C diff). I know that the difference is within margin of error since less than 1*C difference can be attributed to many factors, specially with TIM. Of course, I'm not including Coolaboratory or IC Diamond or Indigo Xtreme since those 3 are not your common paste (and way too expensive!).

I ordered a couple of more NT-H1 tubes for spare since I plan to rebuild my rig again!
Edited by mark_thaddeus - 4/19/14 at 1:58am
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #162 of 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

I used MX-4 because my NT-H1 (Noctua) was being delivered! That's the reason I'm changing TIM again! biggrin.gif

In the latest review I read, the NT-H1, PK-1, and Chill Factor III were neck and neck. The reviewer even mentioned that both pastes had almost the exact specs and consistency (it was a review of a ton of TIMS from 2013 - I can't seem to find the article though!), making them think that both pastes come from the same OEM. The NT-H1 performed slightly better overall though (as in 0.2~0.3*C diff). I know that the difference is within margin of error since less than 1*C difference can be attributed to many factors, specially with TIM. Of course, I'm not including Coolaboratory or IC Diamond or Indigo Xtreme since those 3 are not your common paste (and way too expensive!).

I ordered a couple of more NT-H1 tubes for spare since I plan to rebuild my rig again!


I totally agreed Noctua NT-H1 is great paste but from reviews i saw the best in Cool Laboratory Pro Or Ultra then Gelid GC-Extreme they are the best for cooling
post #163 of 4000
Thread Starter 
Oh definitely Coolaboratory Ultra and pro are the best! As for the Gelid GC extreme, I've seen tests where the difference is less than 1*C and that's just down to margin of error when testing. I've seen reviews where the Gelid was lower and higher in some give or take the 1~2*C; it's the same with the PK-1/2/3 or the CF3.
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Oh definitely Coolaboratory Ultra and pro are the best! As for the Gelid GC extreme, I've seen tests where the difference is less than 1*C and that's just down to margin of error when testing. I've seen reviews where the Gelid was lower and higher in some give or take the 1~2*C; it's the same with the PK-1/2/3 or the CF3.


I Just want to take Your Opinion Mark coz ur opinion is important for me

I tried to be stable with GPU in EVGA Precision GPU boost 1215mhz and RAM 1650mhz with stock voltage WITHOUT hyper boost button which is 1.149v and no minor artifacts....

is that considering a good chip? i mean what's the maximum clocks for GPU and RAM can achieve with stock voltage on stock bios???



And WITH Hyper boost button in EVGA Precision GPU boost 1306mhz and voltage 1.187v In Tombraider benchmark test Major artifacts then game crash but In 3DMark 2013 no crash and minor artifacts

Then i found that im stable with GPU 1254mhz and Ram 1700 Mhz (Elpida) target power max 126% and voltage 1.187v offset max mV63 but also with minor artifacts in Tombraider Benchmark test..

I just want to know whats ur opinions in that result is My Chip still cherry pick like galaxytech said about their HOF cards???

I appreciate your answers for all my questions.

Thank you
post #165 of 4000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimzodiak View Post

I Just want to take Your Opinion Mark coz ur opinion is important for me

I tried to be stable with GPU in EVGA Precision GPU boost 1215mhz and RAM 1650mhz with stock voltage WITHOUT hyper boost button which is 1.149v and no minor artifacts....

is that considering a good chip? i mean what's the maximum clocks for GPU and RAM can achieve with stock voltage on stock bios???



And WITH Hyper boost button in EVGA Precision GPU boost 1306mhz and voltage 1.187v In Tombraider benchmark test Major artifacts then game crash but In 3DMark 2013 no crash and minor artifacts

Then i found that im stable with GPU 1254mhz and Ram 1700 Mhz (Elpida) target power max 126% and voltage 1.187v offset max mV63 but also with minor artifacts in Tombraider Benchmark test..

I just want to know whats ur opinions in that result is My Chip still cherry pick like galaxytech said about their HOF cards???

I appreciate your answers for all my questions.

Thank you

Yes, your chip is pretty good! It's about the same as mine and for our chip to exceed 1200 MHz on air is nothing short of great! I'm sure if you put it under water we can even hit 1300 MHz on it with no issues! You have to remember our cards can probably even push further because of the more robust power delivery system compared to the vanilla PCB!

Enjoy your card man! Gaming at those speeds are just insane!
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #166 of 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Yes, your chip is pretty good! It's about the same as mine and for our chip to exceed 1200 MHz on air is nothing short of great! I'm sure if you put it under water we can even hit 1300 MHz on it with no issues! You have to remember our cards can probably even push further because of the more robust power delivery system compared to the vanilla PCB!

Enjoy your card man! Gaming at those speeds are just insane!


Thank you so much , Y O U A R E S U P E R A W E S O M E thumb.gif
post #167 of 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Yes, your chip is pretty good! It's about the same as mine and for our chip to exceed 1200 MHz on air is nothing short of great! I'm sure if you put it under water we can even hit 1300 MHz on it with no issues! You have to remember our cards can probably even push further because of the more robust power delivery system compared to the vanilla PCB!

Enjoy your card man! Gaming at those speeds are just insane!

I forgot to ask you is there is bios for the GTX 780 HOF can unlock the voltage more than 1.212v ?
post #168 of 4000
Hi All,

I'm just interested to see what your opinion is on my overclock on the KFA2 HOF+... I'm not entirely sure whether I have a good chip or whether I should be able to push it further.

Currently sitting at:

1221 Core
7450 Memory
.. my vCore won't go any further than 1.200v

This seems to be the maximum I can push before I start to get artifacting or driver resets. Is this reasonable or should I expect more?

Below is my Heaven score with my CPU at 5.0Ghz.


Edited by BeanymanJC - 4/21/14 at 1:58am
Gaming Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P67 Sabertoorh KFA2 GTX780Ti HOF+ 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 128GB 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Iiyama 27" 1440p Roccat Isku Silverstone Strider 1200W  Silverstone Fortress FT101 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova+ ASUS Xonar 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P67 Sabertoorh KFA2 GTX780Ti HOF+ 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 128GB 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Iiyama 27" 1440p Roccat Isku Silverstone Strider 1200W  Silverstone Fortress FT101 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova+ ASUS Xonar 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #169 of 4000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanymanJC View Post

Hi All,

I'm just interested to see what your opinion is on my overclock on the KFA2 HOF+... I'm not entirely sure whether I have a good chip or whether I should be able to push it further.

Currently sitting at:

1221 Core
7450 Memory
.. my vCore won't go any further than 1.200v

This seems to be the maximum I can push before I start to get artifacting or driver resets. Is this reasonable or should I expect more?

Below is my Heaven score with my CPU at 5.0Ghz.


If your using the stock bios that's good dude! That 5 GHz OC is awesome as well! With that setup you should have no bottlenecks whatsoever!
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 4000
Yea, it's the stock BIOS at the moment... I'm a bit scared to try and change it on a £500 card after 2 weeks wink.gif

I'll give it a go at some point... is there a particular BIOS I should be looking at? I've seen several mentioned here... and the Galaxy ones will definitely work on the KFA2 cards, correct?
Gaming Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P67 Sabertoorh KFA2 GTX780Ti HOF+ 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 128GB 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Iiyama 27" 1440p Roccat Isku Silverstone Strider 1200W  Silverstone Fortress FT101 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova+ ASUS Xonar 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P67 Sabertoorh KFA2 GTX780Ti HOF+ 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 128GB 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Iiyama 27" 1440p Roccat Isku Silverstone Strider 1200W  Silverstone Fortress FT101 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova+ ASUS Xonar 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club