Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5-3570k Overclocking using TurboV EVO on ASUS P8Z77-V LK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i5-3570k Overclocking using TurboV EVO on ASUS P8Z77-V LK

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I saw this graph:
http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/952401/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

From this thread about OC the 3570k to 4.0 Ghz : http://www.overclock.net/t/1359105/i5-3570k-to-4-0ghz
I believe I can achieve the same overclocks with the same voltage as you can see below I see pretty good results.

I'm currently testing TurboV EVO for overclocking purposes, I really don't like having to overclock from the Bios, it's frustrating.
TurboV actually allows me to keep control of my voltages and DIGI.

I currently just set TurboV Core Ratio to 4.0 Ghz, CPU Power Phase set to Optimized, been running for quite some minutes on Prime95 Small Test (it's at test 25).

My current CPU voltage is 1.104 V~1.112V, I'm browsing while testing with no crashes on my FireFox.

This is the cooler I'm using by the way;

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/11-09-27/126c_tx3evo.jpg

Hyper TX3 Evo from Cooler Master

Temperatures (Core #1...)

66º C - 74º C - 69º C - 70º C

Maximum Temperatures

70º C - 75º C - 70º C - 72º C

Am I safe? Is this OK? Should I stop using TurboV?
Edited by Twisted Scorpio - 3/24/14 at 12:51pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Scorpio View Post

I saw this graph:
http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/952401/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

From this thread about OC the 3570k to 4.0 Ghz : http://www.overclock.net/t/1359105/i5-3570k-to-4-0ghz
I believe I can achieve the same overclocks with the same voltage as you can see below I see pretty good results.

I'm currently testing TurboV EVO for overclocking purposes, I really don't like having to overclock from the Bios, it's frustrating.

 

What is frustrating about it? I don't understand. ASUS's UEFI BIOS is quite possibly the easiest to work with and overclock in. Plus, you can get better overclocking results by doing it directly in the BIOS instead of using any software, even ASUS AI Suite II.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Scorpio View Post

TurboV actually allows me to keep control of my voltages and DIGI.

I currently just set TurboV Core Ratio to 4.0 Ghz, CPU Power Phase set to Optimized, been running for quite some minutes on Prime95 Small Test (it's at test 25).

 

This is actually not a good test of stability because it's ignoring the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller). Use Blend. Or better yet, select Blend and then select Custom. Then, where you can enter the amount of memory to use, enter about 80-85% of your installed memory. It will be the best test of stability possible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Scorpio View Post


My current CPU voltage is 1.104 V~1.112V, I'm browsing while testing with no crashes on my FireFox.

This is the cooler I'm using by the way;

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/11-09-27/126c_tx3evo.jpg

Hyper TX3 Evo from Cooler Master

Temperatures (Core #1...)

66º C - 74º C - 69º C - 70º C

Maximum Temperatures

70º C - 75º C - 70º C - 72º C

Am I safe? Is this OK? Should I stop using TurboV?

 

Your temps should be a lot lower than this for this overclock and core voltage. What does CPU-Z report for your core voltage while Prime95 is running?

 

Also, try Real Temp for temperature monitoring. If it's any different, then it's more accurate. If it's the same, then you're already seeing fairly accurate readings.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
I'm using Real Temp, voltage reports come from CPU-Z, HWMonitor reports the same voltages.

I will set my bios settings for the 4.4 Ghz overclock I was using to report here the voltages I get and temperatures under full load.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
My cpu will no longer turbo to 3.8 Ghz, tried resetting the bios and it will still say it's running at 3.6 ghz.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Scorpio View Post

My cpu will no longer turbo to 3.8 Ghz, tried resetting the bios and it will still say it's running at 3.6 ghz.

 

Try uninstalling ASUS AI Suite II. That software is kinda no good anyway. I don't know if this is the solution, but it's the only thing that I can think of.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Make sure Disable Turbo is NOT selected in RealTemp.
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Ended up formatting my PC, it didn't work either, had to update my bios to the latest release for it to work again.

Do not install ASUS TurboV it might **** you up just like it did to me.

Will OC later this evening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5-3570k Overclocking using TurboV EVO on ASUS P8Z77-V LK