(1) Oculus is not a mass market proven product
(2) Competition threats are strong, Sony, Google, Valve, etc
(3) Oculus just destroyed their goodwill & credibility with their core fanbase
(4) The casual market that Facebook wants to target will most likely not adopt a "complicated" product that covers the entire head, makes them motion sick, and makes their neck sore.
(5) Oculus is not "The Holodeck," and has not re-invented or defined anything. Oculus is a relatively crude product from a tech standpoint....seriously, there are special versions of contact lenses that have electronic circuity for projecting hud data against your retina and we are supposed to believe a SCUBA mask with two OLED displays is the bees knees, lmao! The Movie Lawnmower Man was more innovative!
(6) The 2 billion spent was more or less a heist against facebooks shareholders. An "Italian Job," or "Thomas Crown Affair," so to speak
(7) Gamers loose. Period. The final product will be a shadow of its former original intent.
Edited by l88bastar - 3/25/14 at 11:17pm