Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [G3D] MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19 Released
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[G3D] MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19 Released - Page 2

post #11 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

I like checking occasionally just to see how many times Unwinder explodes on people in every single thread. Never fails to entertain.

I found that out when looking for the new update and stuff...for working for/with MSI and what not MAN is he immature as all get out! Never seen someone flip out over people who have genuine concerns about their software working.

Not to mention he's a mod on the forums he's on too so all he has to do is say "F-U" and lock a thread or ban people. Really one of those types that just need to be brought out back and slapped around some.

He's all "how dare you ask me questions about whether or not new software is coming because you need it because you paid for it because I keep adding expiration dates to my stuff for no reason!" One of the few people I've met that I can actually call a tool and seriously mean it. thumb.gif

/rant mad.gif
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

I found that out when looking for the new update and stuff...for working for/with MSI and what not MAN is he immature as all get out! Never seen someone flip out over people who have genuine concerns about their software working.

Not to mention he's a mod on the forums he's on too so all he has to do is say "F-U" and lock a thread or ban people. Really one of those types that just need to be brought out back and slapped around some.

He's all "how dare you ask me questions about whether or not new software is coming because you need it because you paid for it because I keep adding expiration dates to my stuff for no reason!" One of the few people I've met that I can actually call a tool and seriously mean it. thumb.gif

/rant mad.gif

Well I'm certainly not as pissed off about it as you are, but I must admit anything even remotely resembling DRM really ruffles my feathers.

Here's a solution for you so you can continue to use Beta 18 for as long as you'd like. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html Good luck thumb.gif
Edited by cookieboyeli - 3/31/14 at 7:41pm
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

I found that out when looking for the new update and stuff...for working for/with MSI and what not MAN is he immature as all get out! Never seen someone flip out over people who have genuine concerns about their software working.

Not to mention he's a mod on the forums he's on too so all he has to do is say "F-U" and lock a thread or ban people. Really one of those types that just need to be brought out back and slapped around some.

He's all "how dare you ask me questions about whether or not new software is coming because you need it because you paid for it because I keep adding expiration dates to my stuff for no reason!" One of the few people I've met that I can actually call a tool and seriously mean it. thumb.gif

/rant mad.gif


Complaining about FREE software??

If you do not like the beta "dates",then just use the official stuff from MSI,it is waaaaaaaaay behind,but that is what he was paid for.
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

Switching clock speeds basically crashes Windows for me (causes GPU driver crash and is unrecoverable). Beta 18 didn't do this.

I'm still completely dumbfounded as to why the creator feels the need to add expiration dates to his software. Besides DRM I think it's the most retarded thing I've ever seen in the software world. Beta 18 worked perfectly for me, no problems what so ever. Beta 19 crashes. So what am I to do? Screw yourself. That's what. Don't like it? Screw yourself again.

Same problem here, rolled back to the official for the time being.
2600k
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.5Ghz 1.36v ASUS P8Z68-V Gigabyte R9 290x Kingston 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD  Western Digital 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 Vario Kit - Socket 1155 Raysto... Koolance R9 290/X Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer 4K 28" Monitor CB281HK Ducky Shine 3 750watt Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540  Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Extended Edition Beyerdynamic DT990 / Magni 2 Uber / Modi 2 Uber 
OtherOther
Lamptron FC8 NZXT 2m Led Strip 
  hide details  
Reply
2600k
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.5Ghz 1.36v ASUS P8Z68-V Gigabyte R9 290x Kingston 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD  Western Digital 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 Vario Kit - Socket 1155 Raysto... Koolance R9 290/X Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer 4K 28" Monitor CB281HK Ducky Shine 3 750watt Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540  Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Extended Edition Beyerdynamic DT990 / Magni 2 Uber / Modi 2 Uber 
OtherOther
Lamptron FC8 NZXT 2m Led Strip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 31
What makes this cat so special and give him the right? MSI and EVGA don't need him. Good grief he is not the only one out there and it can be easily made in house from both. When you work on something that important for those 2 big company's. You shut your pie hole and remain professional. Deal with it. Or get out and quit. Choices. Software moves on with or without you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

I like checking occasionally just to see how many times Unwinder explodes on people in every single thread. Never fails to entertain.

Edited by FattysGoneWild - 3/31/14 at 9:53pm
post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

What makes this cat so special and give him the right? MSI and EVGA don't need him. Good grief he is not the only one out there and it can be easily made in house from both. When you work on something that important for those 2 big company's. You shut your pie hole and remain professional. Deal with it. Or get out and quit. Choices. Software moves on with or without you.

you don't know what you are talking about bro.
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

Complaining about FREE software??

If you do not like the beta "dates",then just use the official stuff from MSI,it is waaaaaaaaay behind,but that is what he was paid for.

that's about it nowadays. just keep complaining - even if what you have received was given to you for free!
come one people - it is free - what do you expect??
post #18 of 31

tbh i dont understand the need to have expiration dates on the betas

post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF is BUSY View Post

tbh i dont understand the need to have expiration dates on the betas

Might be to get hits on the site on a regular basis (for the ads...etc), but that is just speculation on my part.

I honestly don't mind it at all. If people don't like Beta, download 2.3.1 and be done with it. All the extra useful stuff in the Beta is purely from Unwinder.
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXXon View Post

Might be to get hits on the site on a regular basis (for the ads...etc), but that is just speculation on my part.

I honestly don't mind it at all. If people don't like Beta, download 2.3.1 and be done with it. All the extra useful stuff in the Beta is purely from Unwinder.

It might also be to have more people test out the new features and find bugs so he can develop and progress faster.
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [G3D] MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19 Released