Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Ergonomic Ambidex mouse, featuring some random Fujitsu office mouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ergonomic Ambidex mouse, featuring some random Fujitsu office mouse

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
What do you think?

Side



Basically well thought out in general and might be actually the perfect shape.

Why?
Thumb is perfectly on it while you also have the full rest on your pinky and the ringfinger due to being rather flat (theres no space between the fingers and the mouse using a full palm).
Also good, various grip styles possible. Claw, palm & fingertip.

I've personally used it. It's not perfect on the sidedges & the back is terrible.
However the front is perfect ^^
post #2 of 7
I tested this shape (mouse). I really like it. Miss perfection a little because the MB1/2 are a little bit to short. I like the back, but I miss sidebuttons.
So "my" dell is better for me.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

I tested this shape (mouse). I really like it. Miss perfection a little because the MB1/2 are a little bit to short. I like the back, but I miss sidebuttons.
So "my" dell is better for me.

I use this at work at the lab. It's the Dell laser mouse and it's real comfy, but feels a little laggy for being wired.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
There are 2 edition afaik. One have omrons and the side shell is attached to the lower part.
The other version has the side attached to th upper part and switches like the MS optical wheel mouse..

I never really used the laser. I only use the shell. I modded it with a Orochi and a Deathadder.
Here is the Delladder with side buttons from a Imperator -:
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

I use this at work at the lab. It's the Dell laser mouse and it's real comfy, but feels a little laggy for being wired.

That's exactly the shape which gets used by most mice making the front sides slimmer & one of the reasons i've brought this up.
Your thumb rests nice while the pinky & the ringfinger do not have enough space.

Claw works fine, while palm does not fully. The ringfinger & pinky wouldn't be resting comfy.

I think theres no big deal in forming a well shaped ambi mouse for all grip styles and most hand sizes.
Like i remember i've tried the Kone Pure (ergo tho).. hell the Kone Pure was hella uncomfy due to the thumbrest. Making it more flat would be the way to go for example.
Or Zowie ambi mice.. well shaped but still could get improved. The >< "v" shape in the middle is not really needed.. make it more flat so the pinky & the ringfinger can perfectly lay on. I don't think the thumb comfort would be too affected by flatnin' it out.

I think we still do not have a good ambi mouse thats being also rather ergonomic. On every mouse you ditch some of the comfort you'd have with an ergo mouse because of some general design flaws.
Edited by Amperial - 3/29/14 at 4:06pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amperial View Post

That's exactly the shape which gets used by most mice making the front sides slimmer & one of the reasons i've brought this up.
Your thumb rests nice while the pinky & the ringfinger do not have enough space.

Claw works fine, while palm does not fully. The ringfinger & pinky wouldn't be resting comfy.

I think theres no big deal in forming a well shaped ambi mouse for all grip styles and most hand sizes.
Like i remember i've tried the Kone Pure (ergo tho).. hell the Kone Pure was hella uncomfy due to the thumbrest. Making it more flat would be the way to go for example.
Or Zowie ambi mice.. well shaped but still could get improved. The >< "v" shape in the middle is not really needed.. make it more flat so the pinky & the ringfinger can perfectly lay on. I don't think the thumb comfort would be too affected by flatnin' it out.

I think we still do not have a good ambi mouse thats being also rather ergonomic. On every mouse you ditch some of the comfort you'd have with an ergo mouse because of some general design flaws.

I'm a fingertip but I have to say the Avior is the first ambi mouse that actually gives you enough room for pinky and ring on the sides. The taipan squishes them like hell by comparison for example.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
it's far from perfect. although it looks like it when u first see it. The sides are /\\\\\ shaped instead of \/////. But the sensor can't be worse than other similiar office mice, such as the logitech rx250. Im sure without even trying it.
Old but gold
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K (@4,6GHz 1,30v) Asrock z77 Extreme4 Nvidia MSI GTX 960 Gaming G2 16GB Crucial, 1866 MHz (8,8,8,22,1T) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO (SSD) 500GB Samsung (HDD) 2TB Enermax ETS T40 @ T.B Vegas Duo  Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ (120hz) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Samsung Syncmaster T220 (60hz) Logilink LED keyboard CoolerMaster GX 750w Logitech mx300 @ 3310 (400/800/1600@1K) 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Megasoma 2 Creative XFI 
  hide details  
Reply
Old but gold
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K (@4,6GHz 1,30v) Asrock z77 Extreme4 Nvidia MSI GTX 960 Gaming G2 16GB Crucial, 1866 MHz (8,8,8,22,1T) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO (SSD) 500GB Samsung (HDD) 2TB Enermax ETS T40 @ T.B Vegas Duo  Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ (120hz) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Samsung Syncmaster T220 (60hz) Logilink LED keyboard CoolerMaster GX 750w Logitech mx300 @ 3310 (400/800/1600@1K) 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Megasoma 2 Creative XFI 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Ergonomic Ambidex mouse, featuring some random Fujitsu office mouse