Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Looking some new games to play, shooting, swords, rpg, no online games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking some new games to play, shooting, swords, rpg, no online games

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Looking some new games to play, shooting, swords, rpg, no online games

i've played the following games in the last few months

im playing kingdom of amalur reckoning at the moment its ok

the games i enjoyed most have been bioware dragon age series and mass effect series
aswell as Bioshock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls but this got a bit boring

boarderland 2 I didn't enjoy it same for mw3

gone home this was much better then i thought it would be


Bioshock Infinite : I got to the end of the main story, but had to re install windows, I dont feel like re installing it

The Elder Scrolls I stopped playing after I finished the dragon born dlc, i still had some of the vampire quests to do but it got boring for me.


the games i enjoyed most have been bioware dragon age series and mass effect series
aswell as Bioshock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls but this got a bit boring


any ideas ?
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneuk View Post

Looking some new games to play, shooting, swords, rpg, no online games

i've played the following games in the last few months

im playing kingdom of amalur reckoning at the moment its ok

the games i enjoyed most have been bioware dragon age series and mass effect series
aswell as Bioshock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls but this got a bit boring

boarderland 2 I didn't enjoy it same for mw3

gone home this was much better then i thought it would be


Bioshock Infinite : I got to the end of the main story, but had to re install windows, I dont feel like re installing it

The Elder Scrolls I stopped playing after I finished the dragon born dlc, i still had some of the vampire quests to do but it got boring for me.


the games i enjoyed most have been bioware dragon age series and mass effect series
aswell as Bioshock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls but this got a bit boring


any ideas ?

If you like turn based combat at all swords and sorcery type, and a good story/setting then try 'The Banner Saga' finished it recently myself enjoyed it a lot.
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
any others ?
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
Metro last light was the last single player shooter I actually enjoyed. 2033 before that if you haven't already.
post #5 of 11
I too favor the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. Some other games try to do what these do, but none come close. But I do recommend the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games as well as the Neverwinter Nights games, which are very similar and made by the same people (except for KOTOR 2). You're bound to get recommendations for The Witcher games too, the second one is pretty good but just beware that they're extremely overrated (see my sig).

You might like Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. The former is similar to The Elder Scrolls, but with a totally different setting... just be sure to use mods and play on Very Hard difficulty. Fallout: New Vegas actually has excellent writing and very memorable characters unlike The Elder Scrolls, so maybe it will keep you interested.

The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us use similar storytelling and character development methods as Dragon Age and Mass Effect, by heavily incorporating player choice and making characters remember what you do. The similarities stop there, they're point-and-click adventure games, but I highly recommend them.

The poster above me recommended the Metro games, and I second this. I highly recommend Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra series as well. You might want to check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series too.
Edited by boredgunner - 3/28/14 at 6:11pm
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... MK Disco TKL (KBT Black) Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... MK Disco TKL (KBT Black) Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I too favor the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. Some other games try to do what these do, but none come close. But I do recommend the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games as well as the Neverwinter Nights games, which are very similar and made by the same people (except for KOTOR 2). You're bound to get recommendations for The Witcher games too, the second one is pretty good but just beware that they're extremely overrated (see my sig).

You might like Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. The former is similar to The Elder Scrolls, but with a totally different setting... just be sure to use mods and play on Very Hard difficulty. Fallout: New Vegas actually has excellent writing and very memorable characters unlike The Elder Scrolls, so maybe it will keep you interested.

The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us use similar storytelling and character development methods as Dragon Age and Mass Effect, by heavily incorporating player choice and making characters remember what you do. The similarities stop there, they're point-and-click adventure games, but I highly recommend them.

The poster above me recommended the Metro games, and I second this. I highly recommend Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra series as well. You might want to check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series too.

I agree with you on the witcher, ive tried it once bu it was not as good,

I will give it another go, also I played Fallout 3 but once i came out from the underground I did not know were i had to go, got lost so i stopped playing, any pointer where i should go because I want to give it another go,

is Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter not older the DA?
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
Primo Power
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @4.5ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX MSI 280x 3gb CORSAIR Dominator 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 8-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung 850 evo 250gb  Samsung 1Tb 6gb NAS LG BLURAY 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom black ice water cooling WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 Samsung syncmaster 305t 30inch  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BLACK 850W Phanteks Primo Logitech G602 Cyber Snipa 
Other
Creative 350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
If you liked Mass Effect, check out Binary Domain, it got overshadowed by the release of ME3 so it got ignored, but I'd say it's right up there with it, the main character feels the same as Shepard, and the story is dynamically changed based on your decisions the same way.

I'd also recommend Remember Me, South Park, Thief, Final Fantasy VII if you've never played it (it's on sale for $4 right now on steam), and Far Cry 3.

That recommendation for Binary Domain goes to your too gunner, I think you'd like it. Just make sure you disable the awful voice recognition, lol.

It's like Mass Effect meets Blade Runner.

Edited by End3R - 3/28/14 at 6:55pm
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneuk View Post

I agree with you on the witcher, ive tried it once bu it was not as good,

I will give it another go, also I played Fallout 3 but once i came out from the underground I did not know were i had to go, got lost so i stopped playing, any pointer where i should go because I want to give it another go,

is Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter not older the DA?

Knights of the Old Republic is from 2003, the second one from 2005, Neverwinter Nights is from 2002 and the second one from 2006. They're all older than Dragon Age: Origins which is from 2009. They have very similar gameplay though, and similar but less ambitious storytelling.

Fallout 3 usually has objective markers, but the point of the game is to explore and free roam, possibly ignoring objectives since they aren't the main focus. The same for The Elder Scrolls, they want you to just experience and interact with their impeccably detailed world. I spent my first 50 hours of Fallout 3 just free roaming and doing some side quests. Fallout: New Vegas is the same way, but unlike the others it has excellent writing and a strong campaign.
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... MK Disco TKL (KBT Black) Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... MK Disco TKL (KBT Black) Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
mount and blade warband
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k@4.6 ASUS P8P67 DELUXE MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro, Crucial BX100, WD Green HD 212 Plus-NF-P12, PWM Case NF-S12A FLX  Windows 8.1 64bit  Matte Qnix QX2710 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420TE CM Storm Reds EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival Artisan SHIDEN-KAI Xonar Essence STX with Audioengine 5+ - HSU stf-2 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k@4.6 ASUS P8P67 DELUXE MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro, Crucial BX100, WD Green HD 212 Plus-NF-P12, PWM Case NF-S12A FLX  Windows 8.1 64bit  Matte Qnix QX2710 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420TE CM Storm Reds EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival Artisan SHIDEN-KAI Xonar Essence STX with Audioengine 5+ - HSU stf-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post


Fallout 3 usually has objective markers, but the point of the game is to explore and free roam, possibly ignoring objectives since they aren't the main focus. The same for The Elder Scrolls, they want you to just experience and interact with their impeccably detailed world. I spent my first 50 hours of Fallout 3 just free roaming and doing some side quests. Fallout: New Vegas is the same way, but unlike the others it has excellent writing and a strong campaign.

That's the best part of New Vegas, you're free to explore and do whatever you want, but when you want to play the story, you're in for a very well written and surprisingly reactive experience. It's awesome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Looking some new games to play, shooting, swords, rpg, no online games