Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Intel Build $1000 dollar budget
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Build $1000 dollar budget

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
My friend is looking to make a pc. Id prefer it to be intel, amd is also an option however. Uses will be gaming (bf4, gta5, maybe titanfall), photoshop, etc.
He wants it to be able to play gta5 and similar at max graphics at 1080p. Most likely will not overclock until later on when more power is needed so stock cooling for now (sorry guys xD)

Currently looking at making it with an i5 4670k, asus z87-a board or asrock z87 extreme4, gtx 760/r9 280 or better, xfx 650w core edition (or higher depending on needs)

Any suggestions? Will be the third build I put together here for a friend smile.gif havent had any complaints yet.

All parts needed except for OS.
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 35
Here you go OP

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i2D1
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $986.92
That will do you nicely! thumb.gif
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 35
vc - http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-2773-KR

Rest of BUILD - http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16817151136

The case is just ok but I am busy and was trying to piece this out for you. Of course you also need to see if the psu is good to use from our resident psu guru biggrin.gif

The video card is oos right now but would be worth the wait. speaking of waiting mine as well wait for the haswell refresh if you can/ 9 series mb.

If you have access to microcenter that would help obviously as well as looking/buying this stuff on deals.

Hope you like the build smile.gif
Ol Bessy
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus P9X79 Galaxy Super OC GTX 480 G. Skill 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 7 I-INC 25 INCH 650w Corsair 
Case
Lian LI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol Bessy
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus P9X79 Galaxy Super OC GTX 480 G. Skill 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 7 I-INC 25 INCH 650w Corsair 
Case
Lian LI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 35
A slight variation of the intel build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.55 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $1098.46
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 16:03 EDT-0400)


A bit over budget, but you can remove the SSD to bring it back down. I went with the Gigabyte board for better power delivery if/when overclocking happens, and a semi-modular PSU for convneience/cable management.
post #5 of 35
Thread Starter 
Your newegg shopping list link does not work. Doesnt work that way buddy rolleyes.gif
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by malzmidx View Post

Your newegg shopping list link does not work. Doesnt work that way buddy rolleyes.gif
What do you think of the other builds though OP? We gotta have some feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkston View Post

A slight variation of the intel build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i3Y1/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.55 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $1098.46
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 16:03 EDT-0400)


A bit over budget, but you can remove the SSD to bring it back down. I went with the Gigabyte board for better power delivery if/when overclocking happens, and a semi-modular PSU for convneience/cable management.
The power delivery on the Gigabyte board to the MSI board is roughly the same just FYI. I do like how you got an SSD in there, but you had to sacrifice the cooling majorly, worth it though. Also, just wondering why you switched the HDD and PSU from the build I suggested?
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

What do you think of the other builds though OP? We gotta have some feedback!
The power delivery on the Gigabyte board to the MSI board is roughly the same just FYI. I do like how you got an SSD in there, but you had to sacrifice the cooling majorly, worth it though. Also, just wondering why you switched the HDD and PSU from the build I suggested?

Personal preference really. I like modular PSUs, and Western Digital is awesome with RMAs.
post #8 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkston View Post

Personal preference really. I like modular PSUs, and Western Digital is awesome with RMAs.
Fair enough. Though for OP's single card setup, modular is actually pointless, you may remove 1 total cable from the PSU with the modular. Not really worth about $10. wink.gif
I've never had to RMA an HDD, maybe one day. Currently RMA'ing a GPU. I'm already at the, kill me now, stage. lol.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 35
Thread Starter 
Ohh the other builds are awesome. Always get great feedback here biggrin.gif .

Btw final build we decided on

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i59d

He wanted alil more on the psu for peace of mind, so its a 650w Overclock.net approved xfx core edition (or is it the xxx edition?), with an ssd, cheapest wd 1 tb hd, cheaper case (he doesnt care for looks and ill make sure cooling is done correctly).

All in all, what do you guys think??

Btw thank you for all the input smile.gif



PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i59d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i59d/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i59d/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($85.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Xigmatek Recon ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $988.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 17:54 EDT-0400)
Edited by malzmidx - 3/28/14 at 2:54pm
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Elixus
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula RX Vega 56 G-Skill 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover MCP35x 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate Qnix Evolution 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 Rat 7 
Mouse Pad
Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by malzmidx View Post

Ohh the other builds are awesome. Always get great feedback here biggrin.gif .

Btw final build we decided on

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i59d

He wanted alil more on the psu for peace of mind, so its a 650w Overclock.net approved xfx core edition (or is it the xxx edition?), with an ssd, cheapest wd 1 tb hd, cheaper case (he doesnt care for looks and ill make sure cooling is done correctly).

All in all, what do you guys think??

Btw thank you for all the input smile.gif
650W is totally useless. You can easily power this rig on 550W. Unless he wants voltmod his GPU and do some LN2 cooling that is. Also, honestly, that case he picked is garbage. Terrible build quality, bad airflow. No room for anything. No cable management. If you want a cheapish good case, I think newegg still has the Rosewill Armor-Evo on for like $70. Full tower, tons and tons of cooling, decent cable management. You are just going to run into problems down the line with that case you picked.
Other then that looks good. You can always add an aftermarket cooler down the road (depending on the case you pick).

*EDIT*
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i7Md
$30 over but meh.
Edited by ADHDadditiv - 3/28/14 at 3:01pm
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Intel Build $1000 dollar budget