Originally Posted by axizor
Post #5 seems way too fragmented if you ask me.
1. Install Java SDK: https://jdk8.java.net/download.html
2. Go here: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=08a5a05ff82446bb8a8befad03b1bb86b and click "OPEN" and then "Download".
3. Extract it somewhere. It doesn't matter where, just as long as you know where it is. Tip: open the folder where you want to extract these contents to. Open it in a new window. Now, highlight all of the contents of this .zip file (Ctrl+A) and "grab" them with your mouse. Don't let go. While you have a hold of them (you are holding down the Left mouse button here), Alt+Tab to the folder you want to put these in and then let go. :)
4. Right-click the file named Run_AGSServerWarmUp.bat and choose "Edit" (or just press 'E')
Now, you'll see this:
if "%1"=="" goto :NoFolderSpecified
java -Xss2M AGSServerWarmUp %1
@echo You must specify a folder containing data to cache.
5. Change %1 to %~1
6. Save it (or just close it and then say that you DO want to save the changes)
7. Right-click and choose Copy on both of these files:
8. For the program that you'd like to do this to, paste them where the .exe is located.
9. Literally click and drag the .exe onto the .bat file named Run_AGSServerWarmUp.bat. Click and drag the .exe onto it exactly like you would if you were clicking and dragging it onto a folder icon.
When I do step 9, all I get is a Command Console window for about 1 ms. However, after this, he says that you should be able to watch it load everything. Then, you're supposed to be able to press Enter and it will drop it right into Cache. I'm assuming that when you press Enter, you're pressing Enter in the Command Console, which I only see for 1 ms.
Edited by TwoCables - 3/29/14 at 12:50am