Originally Posted by Llamaluvr97
1. Should I wait for Haswell-E? If so is there gonna be a 6 core option like the 4930k?
2. What does the "i" add for the PSU (AX860 vs. AX860i)?
3. What version of cooling would you recommend for the GTX 780ti (looking at the EVGA's)?
4. Should I go 2x8 for a future path to 64gb or just stick with 2x4 for now?
5. What case would you recommend? I really like the H440 but reading reviews the airflow is a little restricted, but I really like the look of it and how its silent.
6. What motherboard would recommend? I am open to both. I will most likely be over-clocking to about 4.6-4.8 but thats my max. Going with the sabertooth would open up my budget a little.
7. Whats a good monitor for gaming? I am hoping for a 27 inch monitor in the middle and then 2 23/24 inch monitors on the sides.
8. Is making a custom water-cooling loop difficult? Could a 17 year old handle the challenge? (I have built 2 computers in the past).
9. If I were to get a 2x8 set of Corsair Platinum ram could I later get another without any compatibility problems? (I read something about that and just want to make sure).
1. I would its only a couple months off
3. EVGA ACX coolers are great and quiet, not that the stock cooler is a slouch, they're just better.
4. You'll be running a quad channel memory system in dual channel with either of those setups. Maybe consider 4x4gb if you can afford the difference in price.
5. All cases that are designed for silent operation have poor air flow. They're inversely proportional. More air flow = more noise. Get whatever you like the looks of.
6. Don't spend the premium for the RIVE unless you're planning on packing it full of video cards. The Sabertooth will OC almost as well and you'll save some coin.
7. A lot of people like to recommend the QNIX QX2710. They're cheap, but good luck with warranty support if you need it. Consider the BenQ BL2710PT, I've heard good things about it. It competes with the Viewsonic for performance, and the Dell and Asus for price.
8. Custom water cooling isn't hard, but if you're limited by budget I'd stick to air cooling, or CLC. It gets expensive very quickly.
9. Shouldn't be an issue as long as the timings are the same. I wouldn't spend the premium for platinums though, you can get equal or better ram for less.