First time poster here. I built my own rig about 10 years ago when I was a heavy gamer, but then I went to college and got a job, so I've been away from the scene for awhile. I'm hoping to build a new rig soon for some gaming, and also to watch movies from as they're exported to my big screen LCD TV. I'm flexible with the price, but I don't really need to go overboard. This is what I've settled on for now; all prices were taken from newegg.
What do you guys think?
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan ($34.99)
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Gaming Motherboard ($139.99)
- Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) ($154.99)
- Storage (1): SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s TLC Internal Solid State Drive ($151.99)
- Storage (2): Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive, Blue - OEM ($59.99)
- Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-N770WF3-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X Video Card ($379.99)
- Power Supply: CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE ($89.99)
- Case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX ($119.99)
Two specific concerns which come to mind:
- Is the power supply adequate?
- I chose the case somewhat randomly. Any suggestions here would be great.
and of course, anything else you might suggest would be much appreciated.