Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Blank keycaps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blank keycaps?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
So I'm giving some thought to a new set of key caps for my keyboard (WASD V2 87-key). I know this might sound kinda dumb, but I was thinking of a design that went well with my Zowie FK mouse (black with yellow accents). Plus I've seen some keyboards with blank key caps and I really love how clean it looks. Right now I've been thinking of something like this:



So I'm wondering what you guys think of blank key caps. I'm a bit hesitant to go through with it just because I don't know if I'll get frustrated with it or not. Although, I can touch type reasonably well and rarely need to look at the keyboard. No problems with gaming either - I never have to look when accessing, for example, "I" for inventory, "M" for map, and things like that. However, I do struggle a bit with the number row - especially their alternates (@,#,$,%, etc...)

Anyone out there using blanks? Thoughts and experiences? confused.gif
Edited by francisw19 - 4/1/14 at 2:20pm
post #2 of 6
jngfg dsgsfg fgd hdhkmjtopmpo453 dfghd 53 drgkdh.

Oh, sorry, I was using my blank key caps. Huehuehuehue.

It's an interesting idea. But I would likely go crazy over it. If you're comfortable with it, I would say go for it! It does indeed look very nice; black, yellow and red work gorgeously together.
Snow Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 4.6Ghz 1.2v  ASUS Maximus V Extreme MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X @ 2076Mhz 16GB Corsair VP @ 2133Mhz CAS-9 1.5v 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB 1.5FW Corsair H100i with SP120 PE fans  Win 7 HP x64 Samsung S23A700D 120Hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow  Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus SoundMagic E80C In-ear earphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Snow Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 4.6Ghz 1.2v  ASUS Maximus V Extreme MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X @ 2076Mhz 16GB Corsair VP @ 2133Mhz CAS-9 1.5v 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB 1.5FW Corsair H100i with SP120 PE fans  Win 7 HP x64 Samsung S23A700D 120Hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair AX1200 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow  Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus SoundMagic E80C In-ear earphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazerLeon View Post

jngfg dsgsfg fgd hdhkmjtopmpo453 dfghd 53 drgkdh.

Oh, sorry, I was using my blank key caps. Huehuehuehue.

It's an interesting idea. But I would likely go crazy over it. If you're comfortable with it, I would say go for it! It does indeed look very nice; black, yellow and red work gorgeously together.

LOL! Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of doing. biggrin.gif
post #4 of 6
you'll be fine.

Just a note, WASD keycaps are kinda dull, so don't expect the red or yellow to pop that much.
post #5 of 6
I use blanks on my QuickfireTK. As long as you know where the keys are, you'll be fine. I never look at the keyboard when I type anyways.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

you'll be fine.

Just a note, WASD keycaps are kinda dull, so don't expect the red or yellow to pop that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinDaDragon View Post

I use blanks on my QuickfireTK. As long as you know where the keys are, you'll be fine. I never look at the keyboard when I type anyways.

OK. Thanks for the replies, guys!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Blank keycaps?