Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › $3500

$3500

post #1 of 10
Hey guys,

I have a situation where I have to spend $3500 on a computer for an insurance claim kind of deal. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a build. I have built a water cooled pc before, but never attempted to overclock it. I just didn't have the time. I am not favorable to any brands so any recommendations are welcome. I do have some spare parts I would like to put toward this build. They are as followed.

Danger Den CPU Waterblock

240mm x60mm deep Radiator plus push pull fans

27in 1080p 60hz Monitor ( will upgrade in future to either 3x1080p monitors or 1440p monitor)

2 x 120 SSD's

Windows 8

D5 pump

Drive Bay Reservoir

Keyboard

Mouse

A few bits of tubing and barbs

2 bottles Feser Coolant

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

I was leaning toward the Phantek case for $250 btw
post #2 of 10
Are you sure you want to spend all this money towards a WC built that is hand built?
I don't know if the guy/gal checking your insurance claim or whatnot would "buy" that these parts are PC related etc. If it was a boutique system with all those crap included in a single invoice, sure, but bits and pieces here and there..."who puts radiators and barbs in their PC ffs" would by the layman's reaction.

Also, $3500 and you are talking 27" 1080p instead of 1440p or even 4K, 2x 120GB SSD instead of outright 500GB or bigger etc...don't know, maybe you should lay down your priorities for us.
FooBox
(20 items)

Camera Gear
(10 items)

CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 V3 3.5GHz Dell C610 Quadro K4200 4GB 32GB PC-2133 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 256GB Dell Windows 7 Professional Dell U2412M 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Dell KB-212-B Dell 850W 80+ Gold T5810 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Canon EOS 6D  EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM  EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM 
GraphicsOptical DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Monopod Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head 
Optical DriveCase
Manfrotto 496 Ball Head Lowepro Mini Trekker AW 
  hide details  
FooBox
(20 items)

Camera Gear
(10 items)

CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 V3 3.5GHz Dell C610 Quadro K4200 4GB 32GB PC-2133 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 256GB Dell Windows 7 Professional Dell U2412M 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Dell KB-212-B Dell 850W 80+ Gold T5810 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Canon EOS 6D  EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM  EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM 
GraphicsOptical DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Monopod Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head 
Optical DriveCase
Manfrotto 496 Ball Head Lowepro Mini Trekker AW 
  hide details  
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfoo View Post

Are you sure you want to spend all this money towards a WC built that is hand built?
I don't know if the guy/gal checking your insurance claim or whatnot would "buy" that these parts are PC related etc. If it was a boutique system with all those crap included in a single invoice, sure, but bits and pieces here and there..."who puts radiators and barbs in their PC ffs" would by the layman's reaction.

Also, $3500 and you are talking 27" 1080p instead of 1440p or even 4K, 2x 120GB SSD instead of outright 500GB or bigger etc...don't know, maybe you should lay down your priorities for us.

I think he is saying he already has those parts, and wants to use them in his build.

3500 to me would be ....

tri-780ti
rest is personal choice.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfoo View Post

Insurance on parts isn't an issue. Already clarified with them. Concerning storage, a 1tb Mechanical hd is fine for me when I add the 2 SSD's. Finally, concerning the monitor, I will be upgrading later to either 3 1080p monitors or a single 1440p monitor.

I do plan to build it myself, but I am open to suggestions on prebuilds also. Time is money. This system will be used strictly for gaming.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoolb2002 View Post

I think he is saying he already has those parts, and wants to use them in his build.

3500 to me would be ....

tri-780ti
rest is personal choice.

I really need help picking the best case that can support rads for 2cards and cpu. I would ideally would like to reuse the 240mmx60deep rad I have on hand.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwade065 View Post

I really need help picking the best case that can support rads for 2cards and cpu. I would ideally would like to reuse the 240mmx60deep rad I have on hand.
Best case? Well that's easy. CaseLabs thumb.gif
post #7 of 10
Phanteks Enthoo Primo. I have a 45 mm 420 up top and a 60 mm 280 radiator in the bottom. I also have a D5 pump and two SSDs.
post #8 of 10
I believe a case is more of a personal preference. Cases are highly subjective to looks, and price.

Caselabs falls in the stupid expensive, but stupid good category.

Phanteks Enthoo Primo or 900D, something like that falls into excellent for watercooling, but two different styles. The best thing is to do is just research and browse google images to find a look you like.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoolb2002 View Post

I believe a case is more of a personal preference. Cases are highly subjective to looks, and price.

Caselabs falls in the stupid expensive, but stupid good category.

Phanteks Enthoo Primo or 900D, something like that falls into excellent for watercooling, but two different styles. The best thing is to do is just research and browse google images to find a look you like.

OK, so for now Ill go with the phanteks EnthooPrimo. On another note, what are the best videocards to overclock? Best CPU?
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwade065 View Post

OK, so for now Ill go with the phanteks EnthooPrimo. On another note, what are the best videocards to overclock? Best CPU?
EVGA 780ti classified. CPU.. If you can wait., Haswell - E.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › $3500