Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Hello all, First time build, 750 Budget, New CC with O% interest for a year, Go nutz lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello all, First time build, 750 Budget, New CC with O% interest for a year, Go nutz lol - Page 2

post #11 of 174
That PSU can do up to 636watts on the 12v rail, two 270x's are 360 watts at peak load and the i5 is around 130 - 160 watts peak load at 4.5GHz. Plenty of power on that PSU in theory.
Troubleshooter.
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 MSi 990XA-GD55 MSi Twin Frozr R9 280x Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM A USB drive I got for a tenner I occasionally p... Windows 8.1 AOC i2353 23 Inch IPS 1080P 60Hz. 
PowerMouseAudio
XFX PRO650W Core edition. Logitech G400 from after they removed prediction. Tascam US-122 MKII Audio Interface. 
  hide details  
Reply
Troubleshooter.
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 MSi 990XA-GD55 MSi Twin Frozr R9 280x Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM A USB drive I got for a tenner I occasionally p... Windows 8.1 AOC i2353 23 Inch IPS 1080P 60Hz. 
PowerMouseAudio
XFX PRO650W Core edition. Logitech G400 from after they removed prediction. Tascam US-122 MKII Audio Interface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 174
Thread Starter 
Mmm very interesting build, especially the second one....but you guys forgot soemthing. I have to add in the case, an hyper evo 212 and an optical drive. And if need be, more fans. I dont really care about loudness since i play with headphones all the time, so i really want things to be cool. Color scheme, i dont care much, i prefer performance over looks
post #13 of 174
I left some budget in the first one for case/fans/peripherals, with an OC'able 4670k it wasn't really possible. Case is more a matter of personal taste in my opinion unless you're going for a high performance one, which isn't in your budget I don't think.
Troubleshooter.
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 MSi 990XA-GD55 MSi Twin Frozr R9 280x Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM A USB drive I got for a tenner I occasionally p... Windows 8.1 AOC i2353 23 Inch IPS 1080P 60Hz. 
PowerMouseAudio
XFX PRO650W Core edition. Logitech G400 from after they removed prediction. Tascam US-122 MKII Audio Interface. 
  hide details  
Reply
Troubleshooter.
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 MSi 990XA-GD55 MSi Twin Frozr R9 280x Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM A USB drive I got for a tenner I occasionally p... Windows 8.1 AOC i2353 23 Inch IPS 1080P 60Hz. 
PowerMouseAudio
XFX PRO650W Core edition. Logitech G400 from after they removed prediction. Tascam US-122 MKII Audio Interface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyae86 View Post

Mmm very interesting build, especially the second one....but you guys forgot soemthing. I have to add in the case, an hyper evo 212 and an optical drive. And if need be, more fans. I dont really care about loudness since i play with headphones all the time, so i really want things to be cool. Color scheme, i dont care much, i prefer performance over looks
You dont have to add in the Hyper 212. You dont need an aftermarket cooler right off the bat, I actually advise against it. Let the chip break in a little bit, then overclock it. But the case and optical drive, ya totally. But in all honesty, dont bother with an aftermarket cooler unless you are actually gunna spend money on it IMO.

*EDIT*
Also, do you need to purchase windows?
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post


Then 650W wont be enough. Remember, though a 2 card system will use around 620W, no PSU will like being that close it its max. So basically, change down to a 550 or upgrade to a 750W lol.
I believe the Rosewill Capstone is currently cheaper then the XFX CorePro ATM.
Other then that the 2nd build from @LucidNonsenze looks perfect! Exactly what I would have done.

 

No, it depends on the cards. I can be used as the PSU Calculator here. I'll just wait to see what CPU and video card(s) rudyae86 wants to go with and I will wait and see what kind of overclocking will be done if any at all.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 174
Thread Starter 
Yes i need to purchase windows frown.gif. But i was thinking of adding a hyper evo and install it but not overclock it right away of course. But having it there knowing that it will keep my temps down is a good thing anyways...

Also, what if i wait for the new z97 boards?

Do you guys expect something worthy from broadwell?

Im the kind of guy who likes to be with the latest stuff around.

Also, i saw abother thread around here with a first build title, a second comment within that thread mentioned a 612 dollar build and seems good but i question its motherboard...asrock z87 pro3...

Now i have seen the extremem series as well but i want to ask...whats the difference? Microcenter has a combo deal with a core i5 and a extreme4 for about 280 i think.

What do you guys think?

Im not trying to break records but i do want my moneys worth
post #17 of 174
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($151.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($89.25 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($167.27 @ TigerDirect)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $751.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 14:46 EDT-0400)


Best I could come up with. If you are near a Microcenter you can shave off $30-40 and fit a cooler in there. Overclock and SLi/Crossfire capable with OS+various bits it a lot to ask out of $750.

You need to decide if you want the best you can get out of your $750 now, or something that is high-end-ready with a placeholder video card. This build is leaning towards the latter.
post #18 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyae86 View Post

Yes i need to purchase windows frown.gif. But i was thinking of adding a hyper evo and install it but not overclock it right away of course. But having it there knowing that it will keep my temps down is a good thing anyways...

Also, what if i wait for the new z97 boards?

Do you guys expect something worthy from broadwell?

Im the kind of guy who likes to be with the latest stuff around.

Also, i saw abother thread around here with a first build title, a second comment within that thread mentioned a 612 dollar build and seems good but i question its motherboard...asrock z87 pro3...

Now i have seen the extremem series as well but i want to ask...whats the difference? Microcenter has a combo deal with a core i5 and a extreme4 for about 280 i think.

What do you guys think?

Im not trying to break records but i do want my moneys worth

 

Yeah, even if you want to do a modest 4.2-4.5 GHz overclock, I personally wouldn't want to get the ASRock Z87 Pro3. I'm partial to ASUS's motherboards myself, and so I would get one of their boards that costs between about $150 and $200. Do not spend any more than that for a motherboard unless you plan on doing some heavy overclocking with a full water cooling system or some kind of sub-zero overclocking or if you want to do competitive overclocking. I know that you just want to do some casual overclocking, so I'm just trying to clarify things.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 174
750 with gpu?

Btw which mobo in microcenter comes with the i5?

Is this just for gaming?
Edited by PontiacGTX - 4/3/14 at 12:10pm
post #20 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkston View Post

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lnSA/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($151.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($89.25 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($167.27 @ TigerDirect)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $751.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 14:46 EDT-0400)


Best I could come up with. If you are near a Microcenter you can shave off $30-40 and fit a cooler in there. Overclock and SLi/Crossfire capable with OS+various bits it a lot to ask out of $750.

You need to decide if you want the best you can get out of your $750 now, or something that is high-end-ready with a placeholder video card. This build is leaning towards the latter.

 

That PSU is major overkill for this, and plus it's kind of a rip-off. At roughly $85 and less, here are 3 PSUs that are much better in quality but are still overkill for this proposed build as it is:

 

$69.99 shipped for the Rosewill 450-M: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone450m

 

$84.99 shipped for the Rosewill 550-M: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550m

 

$85.99 shipped from Amazon.com for the 550W SeaSonic G Series; http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr550rm

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Hello all, First time build, 750 Budget, New CC with O% interest for a year, Go nutz lol