Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GS] Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Sells Over 2.7 Million Copies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GS] Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Sells Over 2.7 Million Copies. - Page 17

post #161 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owari View Post

Last I heard of Diablo III the economy was in the crapper. Did they remove the marketplace due to this?

They removed the auction house, made legendary items account bound (tradable with people who were in game when it dropped for up to 2 hours), made items drop with stats for that specific character and raised the legendary drop rate. Now you aren't forced to go spend gold or real money in the auction house to have a reasonably geared character.
post #162 of 169
I admit - I played for about 2 weeks when D3 came out at first (got it free from the 12mo WoW subscription so I wasn't out anything) and quit since it sucked. Started 2 weeks before the expansion came out and was AMAZED at the difference in play quality. The game is fun again. Yes the story isn't nearly as good as d1/d2 were in their respective times, but the game itself is good again. I think it's worth the $40 myself.
The Beast (7820x)
(16 items)
 
Wifes Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x ASRock X299 Gaming Professional I9 Zotec 1080 TI Amp Extreme Corsair 32gb LPX 3600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 M.2 512gb Noctua D15 TY 143 TY 143 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NF-120 200mm Kryonaut TIM Windows 10 Professional QNIX 2710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black widow Chroma Seasonic 850 Titanium Core X9 Razer Mamba TE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX 480 Mushkin 993991 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 320GB Vertex 4 128gb Samsung 16x DVD Reader Noctua D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Edition Dell 2412 Logitech G510 Antec 650w Green 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
R4 Silent Razer Naga Rocketfish Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast (7820x)
(16 items)
 
Wifes Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x ASRock X299 Gaming Professional I9 Zotec 1080 TI Amp Extreme Corsair 32gb LPX 3600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 M.2 512gb Noctua D15 TY 143 TY 143 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NF-120 200mm Kryonaut TIM Windows 10 Professional QNIX 2710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black widow Chroma Seasonic 850 Titanium Core X9 Razer Mamba TE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX 480 Mushkin 993991 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 320GB Vertex 4 128gb Samsung 16x DVD Reader Noctua D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Edition Dell 2412 Logitech G510 Antec 650w Green 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
R4 Silent Razer Naga Rocketfish Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #163 of 169
It's a move in the right direction, but its still missing the mark on a couple of things.
post #164 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jade View Post

It's a move in the right direction, but its still missing the mark on a couple of things.
Like?
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoz View Post

Like?

6-8 Player Games. We have 6 classes to choose from, but can only play 4 per team. We had 8 players in D2.

Group-persistent followers. Another feature that would improve group play overall. If someone joins my team and are ill equipped, allow us to keep our followers too to aid in the battle.

That's really it for me personally.
post #166 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jade View Post

6-8 Player Games. We have 6 classes to choose from, but can only play 4 per team. We had 8 players in D2.

Group-persistent followers. Another feature that would improve group play overall. If someone joins my team and are ill equipped, allow us to keep our followers too to aid in the battle.

That's really it for me personally.

Ah, yeah I agree with the 6-8 player games point. I don't really know what goes into dev'ing games, but I like to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, and believe they thought considered their options before removing/not adding it.

Can't really say anything to your point about the followers, since I don't really gear mine up.
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoz View Post

Ah, yeah I agree with the 6-8 player games point. I don't really know what goes into dev'ing games, but I like to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, and believe they thought considered their options before removing/not adding it.

Can't really say anything to your point about the followers, since I don't really gear mine up.

I heard a rumor that they were contemplating on upping the number of players to 6. Would be a solid move. I honestly believe the original direction was aimed at console usage with the 4-player limit.

They added some pretty neat legendary items for the followers, which really incentivized me to gear mine up.
post #168 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jade View Post

I heard a rumor that they were contemplating on upping the number of players to 6. Would be a solid move. I honestly believe the original direction was aimed at console usage with the 4-player limit.

They added some pretty neat legendary items for the followers, which really incentivized me to gear mine up.

As much as I thought that 4 player was too low, I think 6-8 would be too much. Running with 4 people, all the spells added in with the elite pack spells, it is just hard to tell what is going on at times as it is.
post #169 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerz919 View Post

They removed the auction house, made legendary items account bound (tradable with people who were in game when it dropped for up to 2 hours), made items drop with stats for that specific character and raised the legendary drop rate. Now you aren't forced to go spend gold or real money in the auction house to have a reasonably geared character.

YAYYY there IS no economy. It is just a game, not a AH Tycoon simulator from Sid Meier.

Bought Reaper after playing my friend's account the other day. It is worth it I think, considering the amount of gameplay I got from D3v. Having fun so far.
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sunshine
(14 items)
 
Trinity
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5800k MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz DDR3 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner DLF-91D Windows 2008 R2 40" Samsung LED HDTV 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Logitech K400 CoolerMaster Elite 120 Sony Home Theatre 5.1 System 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GS] Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Sells Over 2.7 Million Copies.