Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › Which prime lense for day to day shooting?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which prime lense for day to day shooting? - Page 2

post #11 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCH723 View Post

I just curious why you dont like the kit lens.

For prime, maybe you want to check out the sigma 30mm f/1.4

I need a fast lens, the kit lens is slow as snail.
Edited by ghostrider85 - 4/4/14 at 10:53pm
post #12 of 35
For the price of a good 24-30mm lens, you could just buy a used Fuji X100 -- you can thank me later.
post #13 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

For the price of a good 24-30mm lens, you could just buy a used Fuji X100 -- you can thank me later.

I'm looking for a lens, not a camera cause i already got one.
post #14 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

I'm looking for a lens, not a camera cause i already got one.

You'll have more than one camera soon enough... wink.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4278U @ 2.6GHz Apple Logic Board Intel Iris 5100 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128GB SSD Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Windows 10 13" IPS @ 2560 x 1600 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple British Keyboard 60W Magsafe 2 Apple Aluminium Unibody Apple Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

The 50mm f1.4 is much better than the nifty fifty.

not really.....the canon 50/1.4 is a dog....

unless u get the sigma 50/1.4
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz-n10 View Post

not really.....the canon 50/1.4 is a dog....

unless u get the sigma 50/1.4

i mean all around better, lens and build quality. yeah the nifty fifty is cheap but i don't think i will gonna settle for it if i buy one, i will just end up buying the 50mm f1.4, so why not buy the f1.4 right away.
post #17 of 35
50mm on crop is stupid for a "walk-around" lens.
post #18 of 35
I don't think so at all. Since I have had the nifty, I've challenged myself to use it all day several times. Other than a few specific times when I needed something wider or longer (for which I popped a zoom on just for those shots), it worked great. You just have to get used to moving yourself rather than a zoom ring.
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i mean all around better, lens and build quality. yeah the nifty fifty is cheap but i don't think i will gonna settle for it if i buy one, i will just end up buying the 50mm f1.4, so why not buy the f1.4 right away.

that is exactly the reason the 1.8 is better than the 1.4. being cheap, light and nearly disposable is a huge plus.

ive used both pretty extensively and personally i rather use teh 1.8 than the 1.4. i can throw the 1.8 in my bag and forget about it, its there when i need it for low light and i dont have to worry about smashing it.. sure i trade off 1/2 a stop but i rarely shoot a 1.4 at 1.4 since it is pretty soft and i can always bump the iso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post

I don't think so at all. Since I have had the nifty, I've challenged myself to use it all day several times. Other than a few specific times when I needed something wider or longer (for which I popped a zoom on just for those shots), it worked great. You just have to get used to moving yourself rather than a zoom ring.

unless your goal is to challenge yourself, the 50 is a bad lens on crop. walking to zoom is not always an option and you end up either losing the shot or you are forced to do something else which isnt what you are looking for.
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 35
Thread Starter 
Yup, i don't think the 50mm will serve me well specially indoors when i don't have enough room, plus i will also shoot videos and the nifty fifty is noisy.

How about the canon 35mm f2 is usm vs sigma 35mm f1.4 art?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › Which prime lense for day to day shooting?