Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G502 Proteus Core !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Logitech G502 Proteus Core ! - Page 44

post #431 of 3272
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergrush View Post

When there's a PR guy who comes into the forum to "answer" questions about their product that's usually not a good sign. Just sayin. Kim Rom from Steelseries anyone?

"When there's a PR guy who comes into the forum to "answer" questions about their product that's usually not a good sign".

And when they don't come they just don't care i guess.. right ?

So what you want them to do ?

post #432 of 3272
They don't care regardless of whether they show up or not. That's all I'm going to say about the matter. You will have to read between the lines if you really want to know.
As for me all I would like from Logitech is the G3 shell or MX310 shell with the best optical sensor with native 800DPI and 500Hz polling rate. But it's not going to happen.
Edited by zergrush - 4/11/14 at 12:56am
post #433 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hza View Post

You really compare Kim Rom with anyone else...

Hmm it's hard to say. I obviously don't know Kim Rom or CPate but I just don't trust them based on all the latest offerings from the big mouse brands.
post #434 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergrush View Post

Hmm it's hard to say. I obviously don't know Kim Rom or CPate but I just don't trust them based on all the latest offerings from the big mouse brands.

I think it's a good sign that the people who create the product come to a sophisticated forum such as this, to get feedback and answer some questions. Of course he can't answer every question (do you guys even read what he writes every 2nd post?), but I like the insight that he provides. If you don't like CPate then just ignore him. It would be nice to stay on topic.
post #435 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihateallmice View Post


It seems to me that you're trying to design it with uses for absolutely everyone and every game and will end up pushing away competitive players

I feel logitech especially is guilty of this through the years with various releases.

The type of gamer who buys large heavy palm mice with weight adjustment for further heft and a free spinning scroll wheel are the type of gamers who would post on these forums about how happy they are with their 9500/9800 laser mice and how they don't notice the accel. If they were happy with their G500s or whatever they had before, why would they be interested in this? This targeted audience was already happy with their mouse.

But the G502 is released with a sensor that on paper seems pretty much too good to be true but it is wasted on the section of people who are interested in this mouse as a whole. So you get the other side of the audience who is looking for specialized equipment to play their favorite games with but that sensor they're interested in is in that big heavy gimmicky toy so they probably aren't going to buy it.



A G100s with this new sensor might be a good idea Logitech.

No solid metal, free spinning scroll wheel that serves no purpose.

No weight system because adding weight to an object that you are quickly lifting and swiping around for hours is completely stupid. Do you see baseball players keep the donut weights on their bats when they step up to the plate? No, they take them off. I'm certain those who think they want a 150g mouse are just confused from some placebo gaming session where they did well.

Maybe some small side buttons that stay out of the way (look at the BST mouse shell, it did side buttons well on a small similarly shaped mouse).

See a mouse on the market that would compete with this? I don't. So far Zowie seems to be the only company looking to sell equipment and not toys.
post #436 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

I feel logitech especially is guilty of this through the years with various releases.

The type of gamer who buys large heavy palm mice with weight adjustment for further heft and a free spinning scroll wheel are the type of gamers who would post on these forums about how happy they are with their 9500/9800 laser mice and how they don't notice the accel. If they were happy with their G500s or whatever they had before, why would they be interested in this? This targeted audience was already happy with their mouse.

But the G502 is released with a sensor that on paper seems pretty much too good to be true but it is wasted on the section of people who are interested in this mouse as a whole. So you get the other side of the audience who is looking for specialized equipment to play their favorite games with but that sensor they're interested in is in that big heavy gimmicky toy so they probably aren't going to buy it.



A G100s with this new sensor might be a good idea Logitech.

No solid metal, free spinning scroll wheel that serves no purpose.

No weight system because adding weight to an object that you are quickly lifting and swiping around for hours is completely stupid. Do you see baseball players keep the donut weights on their bats when they step up to the plate? No, they take them off. I'm certain those who think they want a 150g mouse are just confused from some placebo gaming session where they did well.

Maybe some small side buttons that stay out of the way (look at the BST mouse shell, it did side buttons well on a small similarly shaped mouse).

See a mouse on the market that would compete with this? I don't. So far Zowie seems to be the only company looking to sell equipment and not toys.

just my two cents.

in this forum, there are too many whiners...and many are not even pro players...they want the perfect mouse just to say they have 1:1 mouse movements, it is an obsession. a good player can overcome the flaws of a mouse and kick your ass hard without complaining there is sligtly acceleration or 20g of more weight. you should train more and spend less time whining.

about the weight, not everyone is suited for lightweigth mouse, like not everyone is suited for the same shape.
the baseball analogy isn't properly used because it has no sense, is a totally different matter.
I played crysis 3 yesterday for more than 6 hours straight....with a MMO7....a weitghty aand uncomfortable mouse for FPS with no arm pain or anything else.
Edited by Blashyrkh - 4/11/14 at 4:32am
post #437 of 3272
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

I feel logitech especially is guilty of this through the years with various releases.

The type of gamer who buys large heavy palm mice with weight adjustment for further heft and a free spinning scroll wheel are the type of gamers who would post on these forums about how happy they are with their 9500/9800 laser mice and how they don't notice the accel. If they were happy with their G500s or whatever they had before, why would they be interested in this? This targeted audience was already happy with their mouse.

But the G502 is released with a sensor that on paper seems pretty much too good to be true but it is wasted on the section of people who are interested in this mouse as a whole. So you get the other side of the audience who is looking for specialized equipment to play their favorite games with but that sensor they're interested in is in that big heavy gimmicky toy so they probably aren't going to buy it.



A G100s with this new sensor might be a good idea Logitech.

No solid metal, free spinning scroll wheel that serves no purpose.

No weight system because adding weight to an object that you are quickly lifting and swiping around for hours is completely stupid. Do you see baseball players keep the donut weights on their bats when they step up to the plate? No, they take them off. I'm certain those who think they want a 150g mouse are just confused from some placebo gaming session where they did well.

Maybe some small side buttons that stay out of the way (look at the BST mouse shell, it did side buttons well on a small similarly shaped mouse).

See a mouse on the market that would compete with this? I don't. So far Zowie seems to be the only company looking to sell equipment and not toys.

About 9500/9800 there is screenshots with pro players using them, most recent on this forum i can remember was a g9x without shell.

Not everyone is a hardcore cs/quake low sensitivity gamer

Target group of G502 is all around gaming fps/moba/mmo. The big deal is the new sensor technology. G502 is 120+ grams without cable.

Yeah i want Logitech to create a custom mouse for me but i understand its not possible.

The tech guy from Logitech is here to discuss for G502, what the topic title says.

I totally agree with what Blashyrkh just said. We need a mod on mice section. All recent topics i track goes off-topic constantly
post #438 of 3272
People who "whine" are the reason we have companies selling mice without accel and without prediction or smoothing as selling points. If everyone was content with whatever garbage these companies put in front of them the choices would be much worse.

You are free to lap up what's served to you but I'll still be here flaming the hell out of these companies and explaining why regardless of how many pros are forced to use it.
Edited by Derp - 4/11/14 at 4:57am
post #439 of 3272
Herb derp.
post #440 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

People who "whine" are the reason we have companies selling mice without accel and without prediction or smoothing as selling points. If everyone was content with whatever garbage these companies put in front of them the choices would be much worse.

You are free to lap up what's served to you but I'll still be here flaming the hell out of these companies and explaining why regardless of how many pros are forced to use it.


i can't agree more with you, but people will always complain for something...it's too heavy, it's too light, too many buttons, too few buttons, there are too flaws, it's too flawless....
too skepticism, too many free attacks, too much enjoyment in criticising ...a company should make thousand mice to please everyone and that's not possible...

as stated before, there are quite few mouse with good sensor and different shapes (m45, mionixes etc) you could buy those instead of a g502.

maybe it's true that whining lets the companies make mice with less flaws as possible, but thats not what always happens,in effect MANY sensors or mice are worst than those of the previous decade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G502 Proteus Core !