Most of the pieces are still drying (those are at the end of this post) but I was able to test fit the grill and mesh part of the grill. I think it looks great! Once they dry, I might put them on the case again, but I'm probably just going to leave them off until tomorrow because tomorrow I tear down the loop and I'll be painting the motherboard.
I actually ran out of green spray paint at the very end, luckily I was able to cover the back side panel well enough. I might eventually go over it, but considering I'll never see it, probably not. I'm really excited to get this done!
There will probably be updates in the future when I upgrade to either the Corsair Link kit or the EK Ascendancy, but that'll be a few months when I have to tear down the loop and clean everything.
I cut a three way sli bridge and painted it! I'm hoping it works, after looking at the schematic of the bridge, it should in theory work.
They look so innocent waiting to get doused with paint.
The front mesh
I covered up the Corsair logo because I want it to not get painted. I'm thinking about doing a custom one at some point, but I do like the look of this one.
In the middle you can see the sli bridge with the nvidia sli covered up with tape. It didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but it still looks pretty dang good.
Holy mother of green. I went slow and steady and took my time. I definitely want this to look as good as it possibly can considering how close it will be to me.
Painted the grill blue to accent the green. After all, it is a fanboy rig!
Here's a close up of the bridge painted. Like I said before, it didn't turn out perfectly, but with lights and stuff, I don't think I'll notice it. If I wasn't out of paint, I'd fix what I missed.
This is the front cover to my HDD cage that is housed in my dual drive bay in the front. I thought it would be silly to not paint it, so I took out the filter and taped it up.
Here it is all covered up! I didn't want it to get through because of how it is layered design. We'll see how it turns out once it finishes drying.
I disassembled the front io and even took out the power button and reset button to paint it separately. Not really needed, but I figured I might as well.
Here's the back of the front panel all taped up.
Didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but considering I ran out of spraypaint, I thought I did quite well.
I decided to do this piece in blue because I didn't want it all to be green, and I thought this would be the perfect piece to add another blue accent.
Not the greatest weather today, so this is how I set it up to make sure it didn't get rained on.
Front, top, and HDD cover drying
Power button, and top rails side plastic pieces drying