New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No Need

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Deleted not needed
Edited by MarcosPWnsNubs - 5/14/14 at 8:47am
The Red Beast
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X XFX Black Edition 280x G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, 2x 1TB Caviar Blue i... Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ RL2455 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 EVGA G2 750w NZXT H440 Red/Black Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
The Red Beast
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X XFX Black Edition 280x G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, 2x 1TB Caviar Blue i... Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ RL2455 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 EVGA G2 750w NZXT H440 Red/Black Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosPWnsNubs View Post

Current rig is in my sig, looking to spend about $1200-1600CDN on a new tower. Haven't followed hardware upgrades since I got my last one so not really sure what the best stuff is out there but if you had a budget like this what would you throw together?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3m8vr

Obviously you don't *need* an 850W power supply, but if you wanted to xfire 290's later the system would already be ready to go.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
to be honest he also dont need new ram sticks, i would rather stick with his current ones. For gaming you will hardly need more (checked myself) ran witcher 2 photoshop mozilla bf4 and few misc soft and on win 8.1 took up to 3.5 gigs of memory while playing witcher and 3.2 gigs while using photoshop with all of this running in the background.

Also he dont need new storage, i mean not hdd, ssd would be a nice touch to run os faster but that's all he needs in a matter of storage.

This is my proposition, by reusing ram and storage ull get some more room for a nice gpu 780ti will outclass 290x's and is more than engouh for a gaming for few years i bet.

Also corsair psu's got rather bad reviews i would go with rosewills. Abit smaller but better quality psu, you will hardly need 550w for overclock headroom, 650 is more than engouh smile.gif

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dusieqq/saved/4gNg
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvi View Post

to be honest he also dont need new ram sticks, i would rather stick with his current ones. For gaming you will hardly need more (checked myself) ran witcher 2 photoshop mozilla bf4 and few misc soft and on win 8.1 took up to 3.5 gigs of memory while playing witcher and 3.2 gigs while using photoshop with all of this running in the background.

Also he dont need new storage, i mean not hdd, ssd would be a nice touch to run os faster but that's all he needs in a matter of storage.

This is my proposition, by reusing ram and storage ull get some more room for a nice gpu 780ti will outclass 290x's and is more than engouh for a gaming for few years i bet.

Also corsair psu's got rather bad reviews i would go with rosewills. Abit smaller but better quality psu, you will hardly need 550w for overclock headroom, 650 is more than engouh smile.gif

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dusieqq/saved/4gNg

Well he never said if he wants to re-use anything or if he wants to keep that old rig together. I really disagree on the 780ti also. I know it is a bit faster than a 290 but it is also $200 more. Not worth it imo.

Also re: power supplies the one you listed is $130 for 650W. I'd say for the $40 extra the Cooler master V850 is definitely worth it since he will be totally future proofed for any two card setup. Say he wants to add a second 290 down the road he would need a whole new psu.


that being said the 780ti is a fantastic gpu and if he does want to reuse stuff he could definitely swing it in the budget.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

Well he never said if he wants to re-use anything or if he wants to keep that old rig together. I really disagree on the 780ti also. I know it is a bit faster than a 290 but it is also $200 more. Not worth it imo.

Also re: power supplies the one you listed is $130 for 650W. I'd say for the $40 extra the Cooler master V850 is definitely worth it since he will be totally future proofed for any two card setup. Say he wants to add a second 290 down the road he would need a whole new psu.


that being said the 780ti is a fantastic gpu and if he does want to reuse stuff he could definitely swing it in the budget.

yep u get a point smile.gif well we can just wait for OP to throw in new data
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvi View Post

to be honest he also dont need new ram sticks, i would rather stick with his current ones. For gaming you will hardly need more (checked myself) ran witcher 2 photoshop mozilla bf4 and few misc soft and on win 8.1 took up to 3.5 gigs of memory while playing witcher and 3.2 gigs while using photoshop with all of this running in the background.

Also he dont need new storage, i mean not hdd, ssd would be a nice touch to run os faster but that's all he needs in a matter of storage.

This is my proposition, by reusing ram and storage ull get some more room for a nice gpu 780ti will outclass 290x's and is more than engouh for a gaming for few years i bet.

Also corsair psu's got rather bad reviews i would go with rosewills. Abit smaller but better quality psu, you will hardly need 550w for overclock headroom, 650 is more than engouh smile.gif

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dusieqq/saved/4gNg

What if I was trying to balance some of that $ towards a CPU and less to a GPU? I also do a lot of video rendering and would like to be able to record 1080p with no worries. The games I play are Dota 2, Diablo 3, CS:GO, don't need AMAZING graphics just as long as I can play those max at 1080p
The Red Beast
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X XFX Black Edition 280x G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, 2x 1TB Caviar Blue i... Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ RL2455 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 EVGA G2 750w NZXT H440 Red/Black Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
The Red Beast
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X XFX Black Edition 280x G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, 2x 1TB Caviar Blue i... Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ RL2455 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 EVGA G2 750w NZXT H440 Red/Black Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosPWnsNubs View Post

What if I was trying to balance some of that $ towards a CPU and less to a GPU? I also do a lot of video rendering and would like to be able to record 1080p with no worries. The games I play are Dota 2, Diablo 3, CS:GO, don't need AMAZING graphics just as long as I can play those max at 1080p

get an i7 then.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Ok so I'm gunna revive this since I just noticed that they built that rig in US moneys.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($349.79 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($249.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($84.25 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card ($499.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($104.99 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.50 @ DirectCanada)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1559.24
Re-use your windows 7 you already have. I'm not too sure you can do better for the money here in Canada.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions