Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [ars] Newegg and friends crush a patent troll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ars] Newegg and friends crush a patent troll - Page 3

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBuilder94 View Post

The problem here is asking the government to step in... Why? Nothing the government does is good and just adds control.

Be sure to remember that the next time you need to call 911 to get a fire truck over when your house is burning down.

In any case, amazon.com I think is the one who ironically pioneered this strategy of shaking down other companies for money by using frivolous patents. Remember "1-Click" checkout?

And then while we're on patent absurdity and the fact that the morons at the USPTO seem to be bedazzled by anything tech related, how about Microsoft patenting the electromechanical mouse in 1985 and shaking down Apple for licencing fees even though Apple was making mice since 1979?
Edited by Quantum Reality - 4/6/14 at 6:48am
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

Be sure to remember that the next time you need to call 911 to get a fire truck over when your house is burning down.

In any case, amazon.com I think is the one who ironically pioneered this strategy of shaking down other companies for money by using frivolous patents. Remember "1-Click" checkout?

And then while we're on patent absurdity and the fact that the morons at the USPTO seem to be bedazzled by anything tech related, how about Microsoft patenting the electromechanical mouse in 1985 and shaking down Apple for licencing fees even though Apple was making mice since 1979?

You didn't know it was popular to hate on the government without reason? Get with the program and spread the hate. Blind following is where it's at.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k msi z97 gaming 5 evga 980 ti G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
samsung 950 HP dual layer Windows 7 64 27 dell ips  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 850 TX corsair 540 air G900 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k msi z97 gaming 5 evga 980 ti G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
samsung 950 HP dual layer Windows 7 64 27 dell ips  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 850 TX corsair 540 air G900 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

Be sure to remember that the next time you need to call 911 to get a fire truck over when your house is burning down.

In any case, amazon.com I think is the one who ironically pioneered this strategy of shaking down other companies for money by using frivolous patents. Remember "1-Click" checkout?

And then while we're on patent absurdity and the fact that the morons at the USPTO seem to be bedazzled by anything tech related, how about Microsoft patenting the electromechanical mouse in 1985 and shaking down Apple for licencing fees even though Apple was making mice since 1979?

You clearly fail to understand the distinction between locally funded and operated government and the federal leviathan that is at issue in this thread...
post #24 of 29
1 word.....joanne
2nd build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 770 ACX Corsair Vengence 2xGB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Cooler Master Hypo 212 win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS248-H logitech k120 Antec 850 HCP CM HAFX 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech G100 Creative Recon 3d saitek x52 joystick saitek rudder pedals 
Other
track ir5 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 770 ACX Corsair Vengence 2xGB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Cooler Master Hypo 212 win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS248-H logitech k120 Antec 850 HCP CM HAFX 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech G100 Creative Recon 3d saitek x52 joystick saitek rudder pedals 
Other
track ir5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 29
I wish Newegg could do the same with apple and their non-sense.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven View Post

You didn't know it was popular to hate on the government without reason? Get with the program and spread the hate. Blind following is where it's at.
You really like the Government? You say I hate the government without reason? So tell me something good about Government? You must be young still or very very blind..
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBuilder94 View Post

You really like the Government? You say I hate the government without reason? So tell me something good about Government? You must be young still or very very blind..

The only people I've ever seen stand up for the federal government are its employees and brainwashed sheep on their way to the slaughterhouse. And the occasional complete, totally inept, mouth-breathing idiot.
The Grinder
(6 photos)
The Bayou Beast
(9 photos)
 
Reply
The Grinder
(6 photos)
The Bayou Beast
(9 photos)
 
Reply
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCBuilder94 View Post

You really like the Government? You say I hate the government without reason? So tell me something good about Government? You must be young still or very very blind..

I think he is being sarcastic.
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

I think he is being sarcastic.

I sure would hope so! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [ars] Newegg and friends crush a patent troll