Welcome to OCN's Mod of the Month competition! This contest is open to all the members of Overclock.net; If you have a computer and you have taken time to make it awesome then you could win! Whether you are a pro case modder or a first time builder with a fresh idea, this contest is for you! For past contests and winners, or to make a suggestion for future contests, click here. Any posts flaming participants or bashing this competition will be reported and deleted. If you have comments about the competition, please see prior sentence about the other thread. Please keep it friendly, this is a place to see showcased builds by members here on the forums. So learn something, leave your comments in their build logs. This is a place for likeminded forum members to get together and see what this community has to offer.
Rules and Schedule etc (Click to show)
- Competitors each month are selected by nomination
- Any member may nominate any other member's work
- A member may nominate their own work at any time
- If a member wishes to decline a nomination they may and it will not prevent them from entering again in the future
- If there are fewer than four nominations in any given month, those nominations will be rolled over to the next month's contest
- A nomination post should contain the name of the project, the name of the member, and a link to the thread.
- Any build log is eligible so long as it meets the following criteria:
- It is posted by an Oveclock.net member
- Any build that is being done by a member for another person is considered to be the entry of the person performing the work
- If there is question over who the credit for a build should go to, the build should not be considered eligible for nomination
- In the event multiple members have worked on a project, the project should only be considered eligible if one of the members was clearly the primary contributor of both inspiration and work (this rule will be enforced by the honor of the members involved unless contested, in which case a staff member will consider the issue and post a decision)
- It is not posted on any other forums. If it is posted on another site, we would ask that it linked back to the thread on Overclock.net.
- It is not a sponsored mod (as defined by the rules of the Sponsored Case Mods sub-forum)
- The mod is either in progress or recently completed
- If the mod is in progress, it must be substantially on its way to completion; meaning that voters must be able to gain a solid impression of the quality and aesthetic of the final product from the current state of the project
- There has been a new update to the build log within 3 months of the opening of nominations
- The build has not been entered in more than one previous MOTM
- The winner will be selected by popular vote
- The eligible nominations will be put into a poll for other members to vote on
- It is up to each voter to determine what criteria they feel the nominees should be judged by, so long as they feel the one they select is the best.
- You must be a member of the site before the start of voting to vote. Any votes by members who joined after the start of voting will be removed from the poll.
- The prizes include:
- $50 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner each month
- A Mod of the Month badge for first place that links to the winning build log below each of the winner's posts
- Having the winning build log featured on the carousel on the site's home page for one month
- Some months may have additional prizes for second and third place winners with will be announced along with the open of each month's nominations
- Some months may have prizes for randomly selected members who offered nominations
- Nominees must respond to my PM within this time or they automatically decline nomination for that month.
@Jakeey802 - Low Walker (Desk Build)
Jakeey802 - Low Walker (Click to show)
@Jakewat - TJ07 First Mod
Jakewat - TJ07 First Mod (Click to show)
@Majorhi - HAF 932 Black & Blue Edition
Marhorhi - HAF932 Black & Blue Edition (Click to show)
@HALOwner97 - Hackintosh Casemod (Powermac G4) Devil Red and Deep Black
HALOwner97 - Hackintosh Casemod (Powermac G4) Devil Red and Deep Black (Click to show)
@lowfat - Forever Alone FT02BW. Server Edition.
lowfat - Forever Alone FT02BW. Server Edition. (Click to show)
@SavellM - Project Ethos & Cube - The Baby Grand
SavellM - Project Ethos & Cube - The Baby Grand (Click to show)
I have been building PCs since I was 12 but I’ve always wanted to build something entirely from scratch, especially after seeing L3P's desk. So I did. Desk and all.
It started as a way to clean up my server in the spare room, but it’s become a feature of our home.
I enlisted the help of carpenter friend Chris Bond to help construct the physical desk according to my design specs, and we took our time to get it right. I built the machine over an 18 month period in my spare time, patiently sourcing the latest designs in water-cooling, hardware, and custom made fittings for certain parts.
Everything but the hardware is custom made, from the HDD holders to the UV water, even using acrylic tubing to get a clean look with nice bends. The mobo trays are etched with Ethos and Cube, to name both machines.. Just a little finishing touch.
Its been a great project and almost complete!
@darwing - Project Glacier
darwing - Project Glacier (Click to show)
This budget build took mid ranged components and maximized the look and feel of each and every one of them.
The choice of mods, components, tubing, fans, liquid and fittings all generated an icy feel which gives Project Glacier its character.
@Jolly Roger - DEFCON-3: AN EPIC MILITARY MOD
Jolly Roger - DEFCON-3: AN EPIC MILITARY MOD (Click to show)
Voting will start the 27th of this month at Midnight GMT.
For last months winner check out the voting thread here - www.overclock.net/t/1475684/mod-of-the-month-march-winner-jameswalt1-robocop
Edited by el gappo - 5/5/14 at 6:59pm