Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Would you shop at a Brick and Mortar if they had Water Cooling parts on site?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you shop at a Brick and Mortar if they had Water Cooling parts on site?

Poll Results: Would you shop at a Brick and Mortar if they had Water Cooling parts on site?

 
  • 91% (54)
    Yes
  • 8% (5)
    No
59 Total Votes  
post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
Hi gang,

I'm realizing that I would want to have a place where I could actually SEE and TOUCH the parts of a custom WC setup before buying them.

Am I the only one?

Would there be a market.

I have a contact (old boss) that has a shop in Montréal who I could encourage to add WC parts to his inventory if it would bring in customers.

But I don't know if people would be willing to go on site any more.



****I've added a Poll could you guys vote please. It would help allot****
Edited by Dortheleus - 4/6/14 at 12:46pm
post #2 of 46
i would shop at a B&M over a website any day of the week assuming they had relatively equal prices. trying to plan out a build without actually seeing shapes and sizes doesnt always work out well.
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortheleus View Post

Hi gang,

I'm realizing that I would want to have a place where I could actually SEE and TOUCH the parts of a custom WC setup before buying them.

Am I the only one?

Would there be a market.

I have a contact (old boss) that has a shop in Montréal who I could encourage to add WC parts to his inventory if it would bring in customers.

But I don't know if people would be willing to go on site any more.

only problem with an actual store is the fact that it is a very very narrow market. He could have stuff that sat forever that no one ever even looked at just because the average person doesn't even look at wc gear.
post #4 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMach1 View Post

i would shop at a B&M over a website any day of the week assuming they had relatively equal prices. trying to plan out a build without actually seeing shapes and sizes doesnt always work out well.

The equal prices is the problem IMO. If I want to buy something I want to see first, I go to the shop have a look and then buy it cheaper online later.
post #5 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

The equal prices is the problem IMO. If I want to buy something I want to see first, I go to the shop have a look and then buy it cheaper online later.

i dont mind paying a few extra dollars, i like to support local small business when i can. obviously im not giving large retail businesses my business when they are overcharging for said product.
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Case Labs S3
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Z77E GTX 780Ti Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO Custom Water Win 7 Shimian 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Seasonic X660 Case Labs S3 G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertrixter View Post

only problem with an actual store is the fact that it is a very very narrow market. He could have stuff that sat forever that no one ever even looked at just because the average person doesn't even look at wc gear.

I know that WC is a very narrow market. That's why I'm asking you guys. You're that narrow market.
Edited by Dortheleus - 4/6/14 at 12:45pm
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMach1 View Post

i dont mind paying a few extra dollars, i like to support local small business when i can. obviously im not giving large retail businesses my business when they are overcharging for said product.

I can appreciate supporting small business smile.gif The way the world is going is to most everything online. Nothing to stop people starting online websites and saving on those rent costs wink.gif
post #8 of 46
Thread Starter 
If I can get enough OCN Montrealers interested I would start the process of contacting the part suppliers directly to see if they would be willing to supply our community in a B&M that's been around since the 80s.
post #9 of 46
Best of luck man, hope it works out genuinely. Just my opinion, I'll get my coat tongue.gifthumb.gif
post #10 of 46
Thread Starter 
Actually I'd even go back and make a place our community could go and get help and even make events for the locals.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Would you shop at a Brick and Mortar if they had Water Cooling parts on site?