Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Battlefield 4 Benchmarks - HT ON vs OFF - Win8.1 vs Win7 - New Nvidia 337.50 Drivers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 Benchmarks - HT ON vs OFF - Win8.1 vs Win7 - New Nvidia 337.50 Drivers - Page 13

post #121 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy4You View Post

smile.gif

so I did... hmm amazing results you found, should change OS rolleyes.gif

Well being on 8.1 I can leave it OFF I guess and believe techbuyersguru's test.
I have no idea why you would have it OFF, it's proven since the beta (by me, initially, being the first in the world to display it) that ht helps. Didn't used to think it helped fps, but it's clear it does, although minimally
post #122 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I have no idea why you would have it OFF, it's proven since the beta (by me, initially, being the first in the world to display it) that ht helps. Didn't used to think it helped fps, but it's clear it does, although minimally

To have a discussion with you smile.gif

So I looked again rolleyes.gif

For 8.1 HT ON primarily helps to get higher minimal FPS, right conclusion?
post #123 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy4You View Post

To have a discussion with you smile.gif

So I looked again rolleyes.gif

For 8.1 HT ON primarily helps to get higher minimal FPS, right conclusion?
corrctomundo
post #124 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

corrctomundo

That's settled then, it's now ON thumb.gif
post #125 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I have no idea why you would have it OFF, it's proven since the beta (by me, initially, being the first in the world to display it) that ht helps. Didn't used to think it helped fps, but it's clear it does, although minimally

Without HT core 4 was about 90% loaded in BF4, with HT the load is so much better distributed over most cores...smile.gif
post #126 of 177
Its been awhile since i wrote here i were going to do some testing myself..
Finally took the time to make a small test in bf4 running trought the start of the campagin


with these settings
1920x1080
no aa~

Windows 7

Low
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
5693, 33391, 122, 201, 170.495

Ultra/med
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4388, 34188, 98, 152, 128.349

Ultra/ultra
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
2856, 32578, 49, 112, 87.667


Windows 8.1

Low
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
6357, 34735, 163, 201, 183.014

Ultra/med
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4843, 36937, 98, 155, 131.115

Ultra/ultra
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
3284, 34656, 81, 119, 94.760


Clear winner for me is windows 8.1, im using an 2500k OC'd to 4,8ghz with a gtx 670 slightly OC'd too
Edited by fr4nk1sh - 5/28/14 at 1:45pm
post #127 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1sh View Post

Its been awhile since i wrote here i were going to do some testing myself..
Finally took the time to make a small test in bf4 running trought the start of the campagin


with these settings
1920x1080
no aa~

Windows 7

Low
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
5693, 33391, 122, 201, 170.495

Ultra/med
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4388, 34188, 98, 152, 128.349

Ultra/ultra
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
2856, 32578, 49, 112, 87.667


Windows 8.1

Low
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
6357, 34735, 163, 201, 183.014

Ultra/med
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4843, 36937, 98, 155, 131.115

Ultra/ultra
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
3284, 34656, 81, 119, 94.760


Clear winner for me is windows 8.1, im using an old 2500k OC'd to 4,8ghz with a gtx 670 slightly OC'd too

Nice - although the differences, as stated in the OP are still minimal, despite being present.
post #128 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Nice - although the differences, as stated in the OP are still minimal, despite being present.

Sorry if i missunderstood you, but you say the differences are minimal?. Running on Ultra settings my minimum fps is 30fps higher on 8.1 that's a gigantic difference
post #129 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1sh View Post

Sorry if i missunderstood you, but you say the differences are minimal?. Running on Ultra settings my minimum fps is 30fps higher on 8.1 that's a gigantic difference
well, not minimal to your tests, but your tests are not conclusive nor should be taken really seriously, due to them being only one irritation.
Repeat each os test 10x, then compare it.
What I was looking at was your averages.
post #130 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

well, not minimal to your tests, but your tests are not conclusive nor should be taken really seriously, due to them being only one irritation.
Repeat each os test 10x, then compare it.
What I was looking at was your averages.

Sure i can do test on Ultra 10x times on both OS ^^
Tell me if you wish do have any specific test's!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Battlefield 4 Benchmarks - HT ON vs OFF - Win8.1 vs Win7 - New Nvidia 337.50 Drivers