Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best Sub $90 AUD LGA1150 Cooler
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Sub $90 AUD LGA1150 Cooler

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hello, this is my first post biggrin.gif.
Just the other day I finally got my new pc (only got the bare minimum so far, mobo, cpu, case, hdd, ram) and have set it up. I have a 4770k and I am using it for gaming (cant wait till I get my gpu) but I am getting quite high temperatures. Idling I get around 40 but when playing games it gets to 90 before throttling and going back down to the high eighties. I dont think it is the case fans, as they are blowing out cold air and the temperature does not change when I increase the fan speeds, and I have not overclocked at all, so I blame the cooler/thermal paste. I am just using the stock cooler/paste and may not have installed it correctly (the intel guidebook thing was very difficult to understand) but even if I did, I still think an aftermarket cooler would be better. I am willing to spend up to $90 AUD incl postage (Pickup is best) and I want the best price/performance value. I have looked at the Coolermaster 212 EVO and Noctua NH-D14 but I honestly have no idea what to go with, so any help would be great!

[Edit] Here is a link to my build on pcpartpicker http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SirCoolo/saved/4jyQ
Edited by SirCoolo - 4/8/14 at 11:24pm
post #2 of 18
NH-D14 is way better than 212 mate. Like racing a donkey against a horse. biggrin.gif

There are other coolers as good or better than NH-D14. Giving us some links to websites you can use would help.
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

NH-D14 is way better than 212 mate. Like racing a donkey against a horse. biggrin.gif.

You actually may be far too kind with that comparison.....
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Giving us some links to websites you can use would help.
Pccasegear.com
cplonline.com.au
Centrecom.com.au
scorptec.com.au
Msy.com.au

These are the ones that come to mind.
post #5 of 18
I know those sites (well, cplonline and centrecom are new to me), but how much is shipping for a cooler from them?
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeaj View Post

I know those sites (well, cplonline and centrecom are new to me), but how much is shipping for a cooler from them?
I can pick up from all of them except maybe Pccasegear.com. Cpl is really good, generally got lower prices than the rest and it's where I bought the other parts.
post #7 of 18
All three of the below cooler are among the best available. Out of the box the HE01 is coolest but also loudest. Here is a review showing all three. HE01 = 74.2c@60.4dBA. D14 = 77c@42.3dBA and Deepcool Assassin = 77.2c@49.3dBA. 10dBA increase sounds twice as loud, meaning HE01 give 2.8c better cooling but is almost 4 times as loud. 40dBA is similar to a library. 60dBA is about the level of normal talking.. meaning you would have to raise your voice to talk when running full speed. But slow down the fan and it noise level drops
http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/coolers/silverstone-heligon-he01/zchart_diagr_big.png

HE01 at 1150rpm is 44c@44dBA compared to full speed 2050rpm being 42c@57dBA
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/SilverStone-HE01-CPU-Cooler-Review/1624/6

Another advantage of HE01 is less issues with RAM clearance. The front of cooler is only 48mm from center of CPU compared to D14 being 62mm plus another 25 for front fan.

My fist choice would be the HE01. wink.gif
You said CPL is good so I didn't look at the others.

Silverstone H#01 is one of the best cooling on the market. $85.00.
http://www.cplonline.com.au/silverstone-heligon-he01-cpu-cooler.html

Noctua NH-D14 is also one of the best. Now quite as much cooling as HE01 (couple degrees) but quieter. $88.00
http://www.cplonline.com.au/noctua-nh-d14-all-in-one-cpu-cooler-14cm-for-all-of-the-socket.html

Deepcool Assassin is another. Here it's an Alpenfohn K2. $89.00
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

All three of the below cooler are among the best available. Out of the box the HE01 is coolest but also loudest. Here is a review showing all three. HE01 = 74.2c@60.4dBA. D14 = 77c@42.3dBA and Deepcool Assassin = 77.2c@49.3dBA. 10dBA increase sounds twice as loud, meaning HE01 give 2.8c better cooling but is almost 4 times as loud. 40dBA is similar to a library. 60dBA is about the level of normal talking.. meaning you would have to raise your voice to talk when running full speed. But slow down the fan and it noise level drops
http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/coolers/silverstone-heligon-he01/zchart_diagr_big.png

HE01 at 1150rpm is 44c@44dBA compared to full speed 2050rpm being 42c@57dBA
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/SilverStone-HE01-CPU-Cooler-Review/1624/6

Another advantage of HE01 is less issues with RAM clearance. The front of cooler is only 48mm from center of CPU compared to D14 being 62mm plus another 25 for front fan.

My fist choice would be the HE01. wink.gif
You said CPL is good so I didn't look at the others.

Silverstone H#01 is one of the best cooling on the market. $85.00.
http://www.cplonline.com.au/silverstone-heligon-he01-cpu-cooler.html

Noctua NH-D14 is also one of the best. Now quite as much cooling as HE01 (couple degrees) but quieter. $88.00
http://www.cplonline.com.au/noctua-nh-d14-all-in-one-cpu-cooler-14cm-for-all-of-the-socket.html

Deepcool Assassin is another. Here it's an Alpenfohn K2. $89.00

Thank you tonns for all this information, I think I will go with the D14 as it is quieter and two degrees makes little difference compared to the difference in sound. Thanks!thumb.gif
post #9 of 18

op were do you live in this great nation cos i cold get a price shipped to your place on it form pccasegear

the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcc22 View Post

op were do you live in this great nation cos i cold get a price shipped to your place on it form pccasegear
I am going to pick up from CPL for free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best Sub $90 AUD LGA1150 Cooler