Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › How about this build or should I go with intel build?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How about this build or should I go with intel build? - Page 12

post #111 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcharzherp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster29 View Post




Ok to answer the question...
A 4770k will almost always come out on top if your matching Ghz with a 4670 i5 due to the cache and alot of other variables so for that i5 to match the i7 it would need to be higher.

The i5-4670k is a bottleneck to a 760 I had to overclock my friends for him to play bioshock infinite on max settings I took him to 4.5ghz cause it was overclocking over long distance and I know people don't wanna stay on the line for hours. However your knowledgeable enough to do it on your own while asking questions. If a i5-4670 already bottlenecks a 760 more then likely its gonna bottleneck a 770.... I'd try 4.3ghz and go from there





Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 Black using Tapatalk

there has been said that there's a slight difference between 4670k and 4770k, especially in gaming. And you are wasting you money with 4770k.

I actually liked the 4770k, and want the 8 logical cores. And, members as I think they are experts, saying i5 is more than enough for gaming. NOT mentioning multitasking apps.


Even so, I think 4670k is good with multitasking apps as well, if it's very good with gaming. Since games are are complex and heavy apps.


As far as I can tell a 4670k will bottleneck a 770 is all im saying because it has bottlenecked a 760 in bioshock infinite.

Anyways likewise to your question earlier asking the minimal CPU clock to avoid bottlenecking...with a 770..is to start with 4.3ghz and work your way up till you don't see the bottleneck.....if you run bioshick infinite on max the 760 isn't gonna care but with my own eyes I saw 100% CPU usage on a 4670k at stock and even at 4.5Ghz however at 4.5Ghz the game was playable

I am not insisting that you upgrade to a 4770k

(the machine with the 4670k had a 760 that is the machine I saw hit 100% CPU. Your 770 is above the 760 so in the end it doesn't matter the 4670k will be a bottleneck unless it is overclocked)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 Black using Tapatalk
Edited by Trickster29 - 4/16/14 at 1:51pm
post #112 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster29 View Post




As far as I can tell a 4670k will bottleneck a 770 is all im saying because it has bottlenecked a 760 in bioshock infinite.

Anyways likewise to your question earlier asking the minimal CPU clock to avoid bottlenecking...with a 770..is to start with 4.3ghz and work your way up till you don't see the bottleneck.....if you run bioshick infinite on max the 760 isn't gonna care but with my own eyes I saw 100% CPU usage on a 4670k at stock and even at 4.5Ghz however at 4.5Ghz the game was playable



Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 Black using Tapatalk
Umm what? How do you figure that.

My friend is running dual 760's on his 3570k @ 4.4GHz and getting 0 bottleneck, how do you figure that a 4670k @ stock clocks cant keep up with a 770?

I think there was something wrong with the 4670k you saw.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Umm what? How do you figure that.

My friend is running dual 760's on his 3570k @ 4.4GHz and getting 0 bottleneck, how do you figure that a 4670k @ stock clocks cant keep up with a 770?

I think there was something wrong with the 4670k you saw.

its possible but then again it could have just been bioshock infinite but i wont lie that's what i saw
post #114 of 216
Depends on the game, resolution, intentional throttling (v-sync), settings, etc.

The best way to minimize cpu related performance problems in gaming is to go with either the 4670K or 4770K. Doesn't matter how good the CPU is, or how high you clock it, it can still be the bottleneck in a CPU intensive game, the important thing, is to attempt to get that bottleneck occurring at a performance level that is acceptable. For example, in a game like StarCraft2, Haswell@5GHZ can still bottleneck on the CPU even with lower tier GPUs like an R7 250 or GTX650 (depending on resolutions and graphical settings), but that bottleneck is usually acceptable at a minimum 30-40FPS. The same bottleneck occurring on a PileDriver chip @5GHZ will drop to 15-20FPS, which may not be acceptable.

Going with the i7 over the i5 is comparable to going with the FX-8320 over the FX-6300. The i5-4670K and FX-6300 represent the value sweet spots in their respective classes, the i7-4770K and FX-8320 each cost about 35% more than the "value sweet spots" below them and each offer about 30% more compute power from added parallelism, but often offer minimal advantages in gaming directly. Where they gain more ground is when there are background tasks running (like video screen captures).
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

if the cpu is at 100% and the gpu is at 80% then the cpu is the bottleneck but it all depends on what games your playing some games it maybe the other way around in 1 game the gpu maybe the bottleneck and in another the cpu maybe the bottleneck it would depend on what game your playing smile.gif

Which CPU holds many games without major bottleneck?
post #116 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster29 View Post

As far as I can tell a 4670k will bottleneck a 770 is all im saying because it has bottlenecked a 760 in bioshock infinite.

Anyways likewise to your question earlier asking the minimal CPU clock to avoid bottlenecking...with a 770..is to start with 4.3ghz and work your way up till you don't see the bottleneck.....if you run bioshick infinite on max the 760 isn't gonna care but with my own eyes I saw 100% CPU usage on a 4670k at stock and even at 4.5Ghz however at 4.5Ghz the game was playable

I am not insisting that you upgrade to a 4770k

(the machine with the 4670k had a 760 that is the machine I saw hit 100% CPU. Your 770 is above the 760 so in the end it doesn't matter the 4670k will be a bottleneck unless it is overclocked)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 Black using Tapatalk


Well, now I'm little afraid of the 4670k if it's a bottleneck !!


So, I have to OC it every time I want to play.


Does this shorten the effectiveness of the CPU after OCing many times or every time you run the PC?



Which CPU you recommend ? I think your recommendation is 8350, because it run at 4 GHz stock speed.



Well, I was happy with my choice of 4670k, because I understood many times that 4670k is very good CPU.


Here's a very good comparison between 4670k and 8350.



I think these are adequate results.
post #117 of 216
Stop worrying about the CPU bottleneck so much. The bottleneck has to happen somewhere. The goal is to get to a performance level on both the CPU and GPU that is high enough that the performance, regardless of where the bottle-necking is occurring, is acceptable. You don't have to overclock anything. An i5-4670K at stock clocks is still going to perform better than an FX-8350 in most games and most conditions.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdocod View Post

Stop worrying about the CPU bottleneck so much. The bottleneck has to happen somewhere. The goal is to get to a performance level on both the CPU and GPU that is high enough that the performance, regardless of where the bottle-necking is occurring, is acceptable. You don't have to overclock anything. An i5-4670K at stock clocks is still going to perform better than an FX-8350 in most games and most conditions.


Yea I agree with you about 4670k and 8350 as the reviews, videos and threads I read about these two CPUs.


Quote:
As far as I can tell a 4670k will bottleneck a 770 is all im saying because it has bottlenecked a 760 in bioshock infinite.

This statement is different for what is known about 4670k's performance.
post #119 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcharzherp View Post

Yea I agree with you about 4670k and 8350 as the reviews, videos and threads I read about these two CPUs.
This statement is different for what is known about 4670k's performance.

it will reduce the life of the CPU HOWEVER your water cooling it so it shouldn't be noticeable i would never take a 8350 NEVER AN AMD the 4670k is already faster that 4ghz is a number when its on an amd

if your water cooling the cpu its probably gonna be in the 60C which is more then healthy operating temperatures so its not gonna care much if its at 4.5 the time difference will be almost unnoticeable

once you overclock it once you wont need to overclock it again unless you want to improve there is no such thing as re-overclocking unless your that paranoid if you dont want to run it at 4.5 GHz 24/7 you can get a program called throttlestop and set profiles and tie them to hotkeys that way when you need the extra boost you press for example Alt-5 or when you want it off Alt-4, but again you CPU is water cooled it should have no problem at a higher clock rate
Edited by Trickster29 - 4/16/14 at 9:41pm
post #120 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster29 View Post

it will reduce the life of the CPU HOWEVER your water cooling it so it shouldn't be noticeable i would never take a 8350 NEVER AN AMD the 4670k is already faster that 4ghz is a number when its on an amd

if your water cooling the cpu its probably gonna be in the 60C which is more then healthy operating temperatures so its not gonna care much if its at 4.5 the time difference will be almost unnoticeable

once you overclock it once you wont need to overclock it again unless you want to improve there is no such thing as re-overclocking unless your that paranoid if you dont want to run it at 4.5 GHz 24/7 you can get a program called throttlestop and set profiles and tie them to hotkeys that way when you need the extra boost you press for example Alt-5 or when you want it off Alt-4, but again you CPU is water cooled it should have no problem at a higher clock rate


If I want a water cooler, then I have to change the CASE which is corsair 300R windowed.


Because, one said to me that this case doesn't fit h100i to the top. So, the windowed side of the case has place for two fans which is of course a place for h100i <<< I need to search for this in cooling forum !!


Then, you say that I set OCing config one time in boot menu, then every time I start the PC the speed is same. NOT go back to stock speed, that is nice ..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › How about this build or should I go with intel build?