Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 boot loop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 boot loop

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hi I have Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 as a os installed windows server 2012 r2 essentials uefi installed. I turned on the server this morning and the board went into bootloop mode, I plugged it into a monitor cos it runs headless and when I turned it on again everything started but a black screen remains, took out my ram and replaced it to see if there is the problem and nothing I then took out the bios battery to reset it and after that everything worked fine . anyone has a idea what could have cozed the behavior ?
post #2 of 7
If you have updates set to automatically download and apply then updates could have been applied. A failed update could cause this.
Simple 2
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Asus Crosshair V EVGA GTX-570 G.Skill Sniper 2133 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 120GB HP dvd 1260 Raystorm rs 360 ddc 3.2 x 2 Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
Max-Revo 85+ 920 Watt Coolermaster 932 Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Simple 2
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Asus Crosshair V EVGA GTX-570 G.Skill Sniper 2133 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 120GB HP dvd 1260 Raystorm rs 360 ddc 3.2 x 2 Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
Max-Revo 85+ 920 Watt Coolermaster 932 Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
oh the perils of running WIndows Server 2012 on a 60$ mobo...
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestack View Post

If you have updates set to automatically download and apply then updates could have been applied. A failed update could cause this.
thans for your reply. you mean a bios update ? cos I only know of bios updates that you have to do them manually
Edited by chrismallia - 4/11/14 at 3:21am
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyk0 View Post

oh the perils of running WIndows Server 2012 on a 60$ mobo...
oh come on whats the difference the more you pay for a board the more features you get , I do not need asrock z77 extreme4 just to run a server
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismallia View Post

oh come on whats the difference the more you pay for a board the more features you get , I do not need asrock z77 extreme4 just to run a server

i meant running a specialized server os on a consumer board in general

have you tried booting anything else? a live linux distro may be?
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyk0 View Post

i meant running a specialized server os on a consumer board in general

have you tried booting anything else? a live linux distro may be?
Hi thanks no I did not try to boot a live linux or anything as I was not getting any video output at all not even the bios logo. I am thinking that the Asrock boards have this bootloop problems as I notest that when I boot a new board it bootloops for a few seconds or when I reset the bios it bootloops I have a asus board it never bootlooped at all thanks again for your help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Servers
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 boot loop