Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD Pirate Islands : R9 300 Series Roadmap Leak
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD Pirate Islands : R9 300 Series Roadmap Leak - Page 14

post #131 of 195
Trust me, I'm a doctor on the forums. In real life I flip burgers.
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 195
I also remember the 3,4,5,6 and 7 series having more shaders than they really have with leaks like this. History repeats itself once a year.
post #133 of 195
Wow, so much great stuff this year. Good thing i have a new project build for this summer smile.gif.

So much competition i wonder who will take my money lol
post #134 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

Trust me, I'm a doctor on the forums. In real life I flip burgers.
We had this argument before somehow people on this forum can disagree with plain facts. you can divide 512 by 96. That being said you can divide almost anything by almost anything, The answer is one or (almost anything)^0. (that last part of the sentence was a silly math joke)

I just can't see how you disagree that it can be done...
Quote:
512*96^-1 or 512/96 or 5 1/3 or 16/3 look I divided by 96 and got an exact answer.
4x the exact same answer as I stated not being an entire number with zero "remainder" is not something needed to make it possible in terms of math. Just that it doesn't make sense in the ratios of a graphics card is whole different story.

Anyhow let's not get further of topic.
post #135 of 195
Just because you can do something doesn't mean tuts the right thing to do.


Also it was just a small joke lol, just havin fun man, calm down I'm just teasin you tongue.gif
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Remainder...
Yeah well as I set it is not a whole number but it is infact an exact number. Just that it isn't a whole number has nothing to do with it being divisible or not. And I do understand what you were getting at but I was just correcting nothing more nothing less.

Trust me on this half my study is math.

Lol so by your logic every number is a prime number too then? Since they all technically divide by other numbers, they just all have remainders doh.gif

Are you actually that obtuse? Of course they mean divided with no remainder.

G44
Edited by $ilent - 4/12/14 at 12:58pm
post #137 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

Lol so by your logic every number is a prime number too then? Since they all technically divide by other numbers, they just all have remainders doh.gif

Are you actually that obtuse? Of course they mean divided with no remainder.


exactly what i was getting at earlier lol. Just because something can technically be done, doesnt mean you are doing it the intended way. I can go out and put peanutbutter all over my truck tires and sit the truck on my face and have someone push the gas while the peanut butter gets smeared off into my mouth, but thats not how JIF intended for me to eat the peanutbutter.





or is it? thinking.gif
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

Lol so by your logic every number is a prime number too then? Since they all technically divide by other numbers, they just all have remainders doh.gif

Are you actually that obtuse? Of course they mean divided with no remainder.
Uhm no because one of the requirements for a prime number is that the answer has to be a whole number as in nothing behind the comma.
Also the requirement for prime numbers is divisible by one and by itself but by no other number and that is has to yield a entire number.

I stated multiple times that it was divisible but would not give a whole number. I'm not the one with the reading comprehension here. Take our your GR and put in 512/96 set it to exact numbers and you will find that 512/96 is an exact number.
post #139 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Uhm no because one of the requirements for a prime number is that the answer has to be a whole number as in nothing behind the comma.
Also the requirement for prime numbers is divisible by one and by itself but by no other number and that is has to yield a entire number.

I stated multiple times that it was divisible but would not give a whole number. I'm not the one with the reading comprehension here. Take our your GR and put in 512/96 set it to exact numbers and you will find that 512/96 is an exact number.

Just admit you are wrong? Is it so hard to do...
post #140 of 195
Well, whether it's ROPs, MC's, ACE or CU's, they are all going to be whole numbers of each (likely in amounts divisible into even numbers) right? So 96 ROP on a 512 bit bus = impossible and a lazy rumor at that. 5.33333333333.... next rumor please.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD Pirate Islands : R9 300 Series Roadmap Leak