Originally Posted by IRO-Bot
Somebody needs to make a zombie game where you can at least barricade and build your fort. Then you can farm, gathering, looting, then post it on your Facebook for all your friends to see. Login now to help your friend harvest their carrots!
Like a zombie farmville?
Originally Posted by Sammickk
I have been racking my brain and pondering how you could a make a game like this function in a way that it does'nt turn into a death match, with the zombies being a minor inconvenience. so here is a list of things i could think of, but don't know exactly how to achieve some of the things I listed. wanted to get others, ideas and inputs on how they would shape a game like this
- make zombies harder (only head shot kills) or more of them and occasionally attack in huge hordes on fortified locations? in other words make zombies more of a threat
- make over powered weapons really rare or hard to find? make having a good sword or axe more valuable than a gun somehow?
- make team work essential to survival. no more just pure death match with zombies thrown in
- make fort building available to only certain group sizes. making teaming up more desirable
- no server hopping to gain loots and supplies, ONE CHARACTER PER SERVER
- death means no instant respawn to the same server. i can see how this would suck for friends trying to play together but what else could you do?
in a world as huge as they are claiming how can you be sure you will find your friends right away anyway? anyone else have some ideas on this?
- make pvp and pve servers to please both crowds (not sure why people want pve in a appacolyptic game where in reality people would be just as big of threat, but to each his own i suppose.
The video posted keeps me optimistic and i want to believe in this game and that it will be enjoyable to play. But the devs had better think long and hard on how its done or it will end up in the trash to soon
DayZ would meet these requirements if there was base building...well, I also don't think there are any pve only servers. However, I don't think an MMO game could survive without it. It didn't even work back in Ulitima Online's hay day. That Felucca and Tramel split was just a gut wrenching time for a lot of gamers.
Though I am talking about the mod...not the stand alone game that I've never played.
Like for example the best weapon in the game for zombie fighting is a crow bar...but I only found one once. I killed me a lot of zombies before it fell apart though.Edited by Vagrant Storm - 4/16/14 at 11:54am