Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 880 (Maxwell) Leaked specs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 880 (Maxwell) Leaked specs

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
So several sites including techpowerup are reporting leaked GTX 880 specs and if true they are very under whelming.

20 nm GM204 silicon
7.9 billion transistors
3,200 CUDA cores
200 TMUs
32 ROPs
5.7 TFLOP/s single-precision floating-point throughput
256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface
4 GB standard memory amount
238 GB/s memory bandwidth
Clock speeds of 900 MHz core, 950 MHz GPU Boost, 7.40 GHz memory
230W board power

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/199750/nvidia-geforce-gtx-880-detailed.html

Thoughts?
post #2 of 6
So what are we talking here in a very over simplified sense at least a 11% boost over a 780ti and a substancial >30% above a standard 780? Ignoring a possible increase in efficiency or high clock speeds that might be attainable?

If so that seems pretty good to me. I went to a 780 over my 670 as a stopgap solution until the 8 series came out jumping even to this 880 if its the best one would seem to yield a huge performance increase over the 780's.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluflyer06 View Post

So what are we talking here in a very over simplified sense at least a 11% boost over a 780ti and a substancial >30% above a standard 780?

30%? I'll take two please with a clear EKWB smile.gif

The 880 would go nice with the new Asus ROG Swift monitor to be able to push 120Hz. thumb.gif
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANN3R View Post

30%? I'll take two please with a clear EKWB smile.gif

The 880 would go nice with the new Asus ROG Swift monitor to be able to push 120Hz. thumb.gif

I hear you, I decided not to water cooler my 780 since I bought-in late and just wait for the 8 series to watercool video again.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Yea I just got a super evga clocked 780 ti and a koolance waterblock about 3 or 4 months ago, I see no interest I'm going to a 880 yet either. I will probably skip maxwell altogether
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpantherrrxx View Post

Yea I just got a super evga clocked 780 ti and a koolance waterblock about 3 or 4 months ago, I see no interest I'm going to a 880 yet either. I will probably skip maxwell altogether

I'll probably be buying an 880 or 880ti whatever comes out, I bought my 780 late in the game just a couple months ago but I bought it off a friend who was running 2 of them, for what I paid for a EVGA Superclock I'll easily be able to offload it for within $50 of what I paid him so for me not having a Ti the 8 series will almost certainly be a very worthwhile upgrade.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 880 (Maxwell) Leaked specs