Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals - Page 11

post #101 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfsurf View Post

Im curious, do you "gamers" actually play games, or just graphics?

Didn't know you could play graphics tongue.gif
post #102 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfsurf View Post

Im curious, do you "gamers" actually play games, or just graphics?
Gameplay is important. We're being big on graphics because we know we can have them. Console players are similarly arrogant when it comes down to their own platforms(Uncharted graphics, Gears of War graphics etc). They resort to saying graphics don't matter because they know they can't have them.

Gameplay is like personality and graphics are physical attractiveness. A girl with a great personality is awesome but it's even better if she's attractive.
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post

A girl with a great personality is awesome but it's even better if she's attractive.
The good keyword here should be "also" between she's and attractive. One would interpret the above as it is awsome when a girl has a great personality but if not and she is attractive it is even better.

We all get what you mean though. I focus more on gameplay rather than graphics myself I mean I enjoyed the walking dead (or as we dutch like to call it "De walking pret")
post #104 of 200
tbh, this looks like gta 4 with a few mods.

will pass

will wait for division
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfsurf View Post

Im curious, do you "gamers" actually play games, or just graphics?

I can agroup PC gamers into 2 main groups:

Group A: PC gamers who play LoL, Wow, Minecraft and games like that.
Group B: PC gamers that will ONLY play a game if it looks superb (very crisp HD textures is a must). Read comment #104 to see what I mean.

You will rarely find a PC gamer (who doesn't fit in group A) who will play a game for the story and gameplay without minding too much about the graphics. Of course they will deny it but in practise that's the truth. And there's nothing wrong about it; there's nothing written about how gamers should get entertained by playing video games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post

Console players are similarly arrogant when it comes down to their own platforms (Uncharted graphics, Gears of War graphics etc). They resort to saying graphics don't matter because they know they can't have them.

Wrong. That's why I hate PC gamers. You people think you are superior for having "way better" visuals, when you don't realize you're paying like 5 times the price of a console to achieve all that, and sometimes those visuals you get are very inconclusive. You don't realize consoles were designed for gaming, PC's weren't. PC's are multi-purpose devices capable of deliver gaming experiences, that's it. I'm right now a console gamer, and I have a GTX590, so if I want I can achieve better graphics if I play a multi-platform game on my PC. I'm not an arrogant.

Graphics matter and a lot. But you PC gamers take it to a whole new level of importance. And that's why you sometimes don't get all the games. Why would a gaming developing company release a game on PC if you are not going to play it unless it looks amazing, astonishing, with the best looking textures ever made? You will always be unsatisfied with the result, since you think that they can look better. All this ends up being paradoxical because you say that console gamers can't have good graphics, and then you complain because you think PC games can look better. And do you know why is that? That's because you use the consoles as your point of reference and it's very clear that the difference in hardware between a high end PC is waay superior than the difference in graphics between them. See how it makes sense?

This game (watchdogs) is undeniably good looking. And that's just by the looks of a highly compressed YouTube video. I can't imagine how it would look real time. It may have been downgraded, but what can you do about it? The game looks georgouse, period. Stop whimpering about it, geez!
Edited by DatPhoria - 4/12/14 at 4:08pm
post #106 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

Wrong. That's why I hate PC gamers.

Then why are you even here? This is overclock.net. You can't overclock your console. I'd say at least 90% of the posters here are PC gamers who talk about all things PC-related. It's not like console gamers aren't welcome, but this is a place where you can expect people to realistically talk about the limitations of consoles.
post #107 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

I can agroup PC gamers into 2 main groups:

Group A: PC gamers who play LoL, Wow, Minecraft and games like that.
Group B: PC gamers that will ONLY play a game if it looks superb (very crisp HD textures is a must). Read comment #104 to see what I mean.

You will rarely find a PC gamer (who doesn't fit in group A) who will play a game for the story and gameplay without minding too much about the graphics. Of course they will deny it but in practise that's the truth. And there's nothing wrong about it; there's nothing written about how gamers should get entertained by playing video games.

Hi, remember me? The guy you argued with two days ago in this very thread? Yeah I'm here to tell you I'm one of those rare few that like story and gameplay without minding too much about graphics. You wouldn't believe it but it's the truth, HOWEVER I love me some pretty graphics, EVERYONE does, even you with your "high and mighty" attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

Wrong. That's why I hate PC gamers. You people think you are superior for having "way better" visuals, when you don't realize you're paying like 5 times the price of a console to achieve all that, and sometimes those visuals you get are very inconclusive. You don't realize consoles were designed for gaming, PC's weren't. PC's are multi-purpose devices capable of deliver gaming experiences, that's it. I'm right now a console gamer, and I have a GTX590, so if I want I can achieve better graphics if I play a multi-platform game on my PC. I'm not an arrogant.

We pay that (we don't even pay 5x the consoles but okay) for being able to run games at a higher res, at higher framerate while also getting some fantastic visuals, never inconclusive, I think you need your eyes checked tbh. EVERYONE knows consoles are designed for gaming, but they are NOT designed with that sole purpose in mind anymore, being designed with a lot more in mind now. PC's weren't made for gaming, yes, but they do things consoles cannot with games and that's a very sad fact for you good sir. You having a GTX 590 means absolutely nothing to me or anyone else for that matter because it just means you paid money for a brick since you obviously don't play anything on PC with it, and if you do you aren't doin it right. Arrogant people say they aren't arrogant, heck this post makes you look arrogant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

Graphics matter and a lot. But you PC gamers take it to a whole new level of importance. And that's why you sometimes don't get all the games. Why would a gaming developing company release a game on PC if you are not going to play it unless it looks amazing, astonishing, with the best looking textures ever made? You will always be unsatisfied with the result, since you think that they can look better. All this ends up being paradoxical because you say that console gamers can't have good graphics, and then you complain because you think PC games can look better. And do you know why is that? That's because you use the consoles as your point of reference and it's very clear that the difference in hardware between a high end PC is waay superior than the difference in graphics between them. See how it makes sense?

You do realize the most third party devs that don't release for PC have little to no experience on the PC right? Nevermind the fact that console exclusives are usually first party titles published by the console manufactures themselves. We think they can look better because they can and most games when they are first showed off look superior to the launch version, case and point Watch Dogs. It's funny you say we will never be satisfied because not everyone can be satisfied, on PC or on Console, don't generalize like you know every PC gamer or Console gamer because you really really don't. We use consoles as a point of reference? How about we look at gameplay as a point of reference, like seriously every game that is ever shown off at E3 for the first time is running on PC, why shouldn't we be mad when something that looked great and can run on our hardware gets downgraded for no explainable reason. No, I don't see how it makes sense because you don't even understand why PC gamers gets upset over graphical fidelity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

This game (watchdogs) is undeniably good looking. And that's just by the looks of a highly compressed YouTube video. I can't imagine how it would look real time. It may have been downgraded, but what can you do about it? The game looks georgouse, period. Stop whimpering about it, geez!

Would you please stop whimpering too? Because you huff and puffed when a PC gamer called console gamers arrogant too when it's completely true. Then you went off on a tagent like you know everything there is too know about PC gamers because you own a GTX590.
Edited by NinjaToast - 4/12/14 at 5:15pm
post #108 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

I don't see it as concept art. But if it makes you happy thinking that, then so be it. It's concept art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomlord52 View Post

You don't see concept art as concept art.... what? Well I'm done; Can't type anymore. I don't see my keyboard as a keyboard. It's some kind of Pasta - I mean, the red glow must be the tomato sauce.

lachen.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

Wrong. That's why I hate PC gamers.

You just proved his point. Next time please try harder. rolleyes.gif
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Cyrix M-II 333MHz nVidia Riva TNT2 SDRAM 8MB Quantum Fireball 4.3GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 98 LG 17" CRT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Cyrix M-II 333MHz nVidia Riva TNT2 SDRAM 8MB Quantum Fireball 4.3GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 98 LG 17" CRT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 200
I'm not understanding this whole PC gamers > Console gamers debate. Are people forgetting that consoles are the main target and not PC? Which is why with the majority of PC releases there's always people complaining about it being a "Console Port". We get it already you want to justify your reasoning for building a gaming PC but is it necessary to always talk down to console gamers as if they aren't the main target? I mean that's the reason you have petitions to bring certain console games to PC right? Because you guys weren't included? ie. Dark Souls, The Division, Red Dead.

Please stop this delusion that you're superior to console gaming just because you can get better textures.
post #110 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

I'm not understanding this whole PC gamers > Console gamers debate. Are people forgetting that consoles are the main target and not PC? Which is why with the majority of PC releases there's always people complaining about it being a "Console Port". We get it already you want to justify your reasoning for building a gaming PC but is it necessary to always talk down to console gamers as if they aren't the main target? I mean that's the reason you have petitions to bring certain console games to PC right? Because you guys weren't included? ie. Dark Souls, The Division, Red Dead.

Please stop this delusion that you're superior to console gaming just because you can get better textures.



my debate in the PC gaming > console gaming is that i can buy PC games at a much cheaper price before the game comes out most of the time while on Consoles i'm stuck with 50 to 60$ price tag if not higher in other territories



so PC gaming cost less and gives better graphics ^_^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals