Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals - Page 12

post #111 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

my debate in the PC gaming > console gaming is that i can buy PC games at a much cheaper price before the game comes out most of the time while on Consoles i'm stuck with 50 to 60$ price tag if not higher in other territories



so PC gaming cost less and gives better graphics ^_^

Now this I can agree with biggrin.gif
post #112 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

I'm not understanding this whole PC gamers > Console gamers debate. Are people forgetting that consoles are the main target and not PC? Which is why with the majority of PC releases there's always people complaining about it being a "Console Port". We get it already you want to justify your reasoning for building a gaming PC but is it necessary to always talk down to console gamers as if they aren't the main target? I mean that's the reason you have petitions to bring certain console games to PC right? Because you guys weren't included? ie. Dark Souls, The Division, Red Dead.

Please stop this delusion that you're superior to console gaming just because you can get better textures.

I believe PC's to be superior and I still buy consoles, but sure I'll let a console gamer with GTX590 paperweight tell PC gamers, on tech enthusiast forum filled with PC gamers, that he is in no way like us in any regard and superior because he said so, when literally 7 pages back he was arguing no game on PC looks as good as Infamous SS. Lolthanks.

Edit: and the order 1866. tongue.gif

Edit2: Also I'm quite surprised this thread hasn't been closed or cleaned..
Edited by NinjaToast - 4/12/14 at 7:11pm
post #113 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post

I can agroup PC gamers into 2 main groups:

snip

You're wrong about all of this. First of all you don't need a 2000$ gaming rig to play most games near max settings or way way beyond console levels. An 800$ PC is plenty. You ''5x the price'' a gross exaggeration. It's more like 1.5-2x the price.

Second, PC games are still a whole lot cheaper than consoles games. Take into account Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming and the many many sites that sell PC games for cheap without you having to leave the comfort of yours house and it makes it clear PC gaming is cheaper. A typical console game is 60$, if you look around, you can get 3 good PC games for that price easily. PC gaming is cheaper. Coming from someone who owned an Xbox 360 and a PS3 for 5 years, take my word for it. In a 5 year span, you can spend 1,000$ for a quality PC+ 600$(20 games) for games. With a console? 450$ for the system+1200(20 games). I'm also being awfully generous. If you're a hardcore gamer who buys 10 games a year, the PC will end up being A LOT CHEAPER.

Third, PC gaming is more customizable. Mouse+KB? Multi-monitor? Xbox 360 controller? Crapload of quality F2P games? You got them all. Not to mention mods, in-game customizations, private servers etc.

Last but not least I think consoles with their sub par hardware have been slowing down the development of video games in general. Many devs were complaining about having to hold back last year because the consoles were too weak to lead their planned projects to fruition. They either had to make sacrifices(Dark Souls II) or wait until next-gen came around(The Witcher 3). We're not even 6 months into their lifespan the Xbox One and PS4 are already showing signs of weakness. It basically means devs will agian have to make sacrifices to make their games fit on these platforms. Again, graphics, AI, immersion and gameplay quality will all suffer because of the pathetic hardware that is on the consoles.

Funniest thing is, the best console exclusives(Uncharted, GOW, TLOU) offer next to nothing innovative or groundbreaking in terms of gameplay. The only developer that actually pushes gameplay forward is Nintendo. Most console exclusives have ''amazing graphics''(something console fanboys won't hesitate to flaunt, the hypocrisy) and/or a good storyline. Almost never a great gameplay that actually makes games evolve.

My argument of consoles vs PC? Cheaper, more alternatives, more freedom, more contributions to the gaming industry and most of all PC is simply a better platform. I've been gaming on consoles since the early 90's and the only one I'm thinking about is the Wii U. If they release some revolutionary Zelda or Metroid game, I'll buy one. I'll pass on the PS4 and their exclusives with terrible mechanics and poor AI that somehow get rave reviews(Uncharted I'm looking at you).
Edited by Juub - 4/12/14 at 7:51pm
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 200
Back on topic....This game looks good. Makes me want to preorder it. I just want to walk around the city haha and admire the work they have put into the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfsurf View Post

Im curious, do you "gamers" actually play games, or just graphics?

I know right. Cant people just admire the hard work people put into making a game like this and play it. Omg those leaves look horrible! They are not the correct color for the season and weather in the game...I don't want to play it now. jeez. When your playing the game most of the time your too busy enjoying the game instead of picking out every little detail.
Edited by TG_bigboss - 4/12/14 at 8:11pm
post #115 of 200
i think we all need a PC or laptop anyway and upgrade it when it starts to slow down... but we can live without a console. Therefore, pour money into PC, let it be for gaming/work/etc.
post #116 of 200
Lets not forget subscription based online fees (XBL/PS) are both now 60$ a year right? 760 should be more than adequate enough to play games three years from now, just as my 470 and my friends 580 are still doing just fine. Sure you can't max out every game, but it's enough to look good. Now that might change with new consoles, though we've yet to see it. That CPU being three years old is irrelevant, performance is what matters and by that analogy you could throw in a 8320 and say it's newer yet it performs worse. The fact of the matter is if you truly want to play PC games on a budget you can do so, you just can't jump at every piece of new hardware that comes out. This rules out many of us enthusiast because part of what we love is the new hardware, pushing it, better performance, etc. It isn't money conservative in anyway. In three years alone with the money saved from cheaper games and no online subscription fee you could have your new GPU, that is if you even actually need it. There trades to both but i highly prefer PC.
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post

Lets not forget subscription based online fees (XBL/PS) are both now 60$ a year right? 760 should be more than adequate enough to play games three years from now, just as my 470 and my friends 580 are still doing just fine. Sure you can't max out every game, but it's enough to look good. Now that might change with new consoles, though we've yet to see it. That CPU being three years old is irrelevant, performance is what matters and by that analogy you could throw in a 8320 and say it's newer yet it performs worse. The fact of the matter is if you truly want to play PC games on a budget you can do so, you just can't jump at every piece of new hardware that comes out. This rules out many of us enthusiast because part of what we love is the new hardware, pushing it, better performance, etc. It isn't money conservative in anyway. In three years alone with the money saved from cheaper games and no online subscription fee you could have your new GPU, that is if you even actually need it. There trades to both but i highly prefer PC.

XBL is a ripoff all together tongue.gif PS + you can occasionally get it $30 for a year and you get free games through all systems with it.
post #118 of 200
Holy hell this thread. First PC graphics/console graphics. Now XBL/PSN?
post #119 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeTheKiller View Post



(*) - Maybe I was exaggerating with $2000, but look what I've made:

Asus Motherboard: $90 --> http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-M5A97-R2-0-SATA-Motherboard/dp/B008V9959O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368250&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+motherboard

CPU: $230 --> http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-2500-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B004FA8NNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397367972&sr=8-1&keywords=Intel+i5+2500

GPU: $260 --> http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2762-KR/dp/B00DHW4HM0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368020&sr=8-6&keywords=Geforce+760

RAM: $80 --> http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B/dp/B004QBUL1C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368070&sr=8-4&keywords=RAM+8GB

PSU: $145 --> http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-80PLUS-Gold-Certified-Supply/dp/B00EB7UIXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368100&sr=8-1&keywords=850W+PSU

Case: $160 --> http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Advanced-SuperSpeed-RC-932-KKN5-GP/dp/B001EPUQAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368125&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster+HAF+932

HDD Drive: $82 --> http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cache-Desktop-WD1003FZEX/dp/B00FJRS6FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368174&sr=8-1&keywords=WD+caviar+black+1+TB+drive

Blue Ray Drive: $50 --> http://www.amazon.com/LG-Internal-UH12NS30-Blu-ray-Optical/dp/B00DVTBM2W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368216&sr=8-2&keywords=blue+ray+drive

Mouse + Keyboard: $17 --> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Combo-MK270-Keyboard/dp/B00BP5KOPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368317&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+%2B+keyboard

Windows Licence: $134 --> http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-System-Builder-Packaging/dp/B00H09BOXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397368383&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+7+professional

Total: $1248. More than 3 times the cost of a PS4... and that's not even a futureproofed PC, considering the 760 is not even nearly to be the best on the serie and that the CPU is more than 3 years old.

lachen.gif You can't put and Intel CPU in an AMD motherboard. That is an extremely poor selection of parts. Here, I built something a lot better for a lot less to. You can even remove the SSD and CPU cooler (not included in your build) in my build and still save $80 off my already lower price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3qSta

That is only twice as expensive as the PS4 and less than twice as expensive than an XBONE and will outperform both of them for years to come thumb.gif
post #120 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAslanX View Post

lachen.gif You can't put and Intel CPU in an AMD motherboard. That is an extremely poor selection of parts. Here, I built something a lot better for a lot less to. You can even remove the SSD and CPU cooler (not included in your build) in my build and still save $80 off my already lower price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3qSta

That is only twice as expensive as the PS4 and less than twice as expensive than an XBONE and will outperform both of them for years to come thumb.gif

Only twice expensive with no blu ray player, 100w more than the PS4, and it's not really portable. Not only that you have to deal with crappy drivers, unoptimized games (AC4,BF4,COD, DayZ), DRM like steam, origin, uplay. Also not being able to resell your games.

Not knocking it though because it's obviously a better investment though I would change some parts around but I was just stating the cons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals